Sac, CA Christmas Party

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedidoria, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedidoria Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Quick "save the date" for our Christmas party. It'll be the second Sat of Dec, the 11th, and we'll start at 6pm. It'll be the usual potluck and we'll have our annual SW white elephant exchange (bring a SW gift w/ approx value of $15-$20).

Let's strike up a talk about what everyone wants to eat. If we want a big meal, count me and Marric in for the meats...we'll do a turkey and a ham. If everyone would rather have finger-type foods (if people get sick of so much turkey/ham between Thanksgiving and Christmas) we'll do a lunchmeat platter and maybe some meatballs for subs. Something along those lines? Let us know what everyone is in the mood to have as nom-noms.

And yes, I accept that no one wants to watch Xanadu. FINE. It's still an 80's themed party, though, and I expect everyone to dress accordingly. :D
  2. Leia1138 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I wish I could fit into the stuff I wore in the 80s! I used to have some big sweaters, but they're all gone.
  3. Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    looking forward to seeing everyone this Saturday. :) I am having to try to remember what it was that I wore in the 80's. :) Was too busy partying and then had kids. That was the end to the brain cells. :)
  4. Dusan Jedi Youngling

I was just wondering if someone could call/text me & tell me if there's a meeting next Sat. I'd really like to go & I missed the last one. 916-612-4760

Thanks,

Dusan
  5. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    We are having the Christmas Party instead of a meeting. :) I don't think that will be a problem for you to go to... although I don't have directions off the top of my head for the event, we'll just have to wait for JD to check the boards and PM you.

-TJ
  6. Jedidoria Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Chris sent Dusan a PM. :)

Here's the post about the party from our FB page:

Join us for the annual Christmas party! It's gonna be the usual...potluck for food and we'll have a SW themed gift exchange ($15-$20 value). We need to know what food you are planning on bringing so we are sure to have enough of everything. You gotta wear your 80's clothes this time around...there will be 80's movies (ESB?) and music. Should be a fun event, so RSVP!!!! If you need our address, send Tara or Chris a message.

Haven't heard much about what food is being brought, so we'll be providing sandwich fixins and drinks, everyone else brings along the rest of the noms. It's going to be fun, so I hope everyone can make it!
  7. Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Think I'll have to peg my pants[face_whistling]
    that's about the only change for me outside of short hair & glasses:-B ----
    not gonna cut my hair, & haven't worn glasses since mid-term freshman year.

I'll see what I can pull out from looking at a few old pics, but always wore jeans & a Star Wars shirt until'92, from there started wearing naughty,White Zombie,NIN & Korn shirts...
    :eek:

We'll bring Pomegranate 7UP, & a surprise!?!

Vos & BanthaRVT
  8. Leia1138 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'll probably bring chips and dips. See you all tonight. Tara - I sent you a text to find out your address again.
  9. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Saw photos on FB... looked like you guys were missing black paint and not enough neon, but saw some pretty 80's fashion choices. Although you're missing a gas shortage AND a flock of seagulls though, to truly incapsulate the 80's.

At least according to Austin Powers.

-TJ
  10. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    What a great time, good food, good fun and "totally awesome" flicks, though now I need to find the Warriors on DVD! "Warriors, come out to play!!!" Congrats to my fellow Team 3 teammates for the win at 80's Name That Tune! It was so good to see so many of us at the party too, next time TJ take the night off or work the day shift!!! It was also great to meet another of our new members Dusan, looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting! Finally a big thank you to Marric and Jedidoria for hosting another wonderful holiday party, thanks again guys!

~DZ
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.