main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Christmas Reunion, a post RotJ-AU, Finally COMPLETED 1/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kristeh, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    :D

a girls afternoon out... sooo much fun. Especially if you don't get those very often.

Great post Kristeh.

2. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Hi, everyone,

I wanted to reply and post the next chapter. You know how I said I was going to finish it by New Year's? Well, I'm afraid it's not going to be finished on time. There are seven chapters, and I won't get the last one done before the weekend.

I feel pretty silly for dragging this story out so long past Christmas, but my sister-in-law had a minor family emergency (nothing serious, thank goodness) and we've been keeping my two young nephews for the past couple of days.

They're great kids, but it's kept me from getting much writing done. I did manage to finish chapter 6, but the last chapter's going to have wait until tomorrow or Saturday. I'm really sorry, and I hope you all can understand.

GreatOne: Thank you! Yes, slowly, but surely the Lars are coming to accept Anakin. Or at least, they're realizing that he's a permanent part of Luke's life now, and they're either going to have to learn to accept him or hurt Luke.

RebelMom: Yeah, Owen will struggle with Anakin's place in Luke's life, for several reasons. He's feeling protective of Luke, and angry that Anakin hurt him. But there's more, too. When I was writing this chapter, this unplanned streak of jealousy showed up in Owen. After thinking about it and rereading it, I decided that it might very well be a natural response for him.

I don't think Owen is normally a jealous person, but when he sees how close Luke is to his father, I think it might be hard for him not to feel a twinge of envy. Oh, well, I hope it sounds halfway reasonable.

JM: Thank you! Since I usually concentrate on Luke and Anakin, it was fun to write more about Leia and Beru in the last chapter.

Gina: Thank you! Yes, Beru certainly did deserve an afternoon of fun, and you're right about Leia, too. I don't think she's the type to go on shopping excursions and the salon all the time, but every once in a while, it's probably a nice change for her.

And I do think she and Beru could develop a special relationship. At least the potential is there.

kayladie: Thank you! And it's great to see you again.

I do enjoy exploring all the emotional sides of the relationships. It's so much fun to try to imagine what's going on in their minds, and how they would feel and react to situations.

And I like reading several chapters at once, too. It's hard to have to wait for a new chapter. I'm so impatient, I'd be a terrible Jedi.

Jedi_Liz: Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Cala: Thank you! And I'll try to get caught up on your wonderful story this weekend!

Thank you all! And it's almost too late, but I'll say it anyway: Happy New Year!

Kristeh

Christmas Reunion Chapter 6

Soon after Leia and Beru had left to go on their shopping excursion, Han came over to see if Luke and Owen would be interested in helping him upgrade the hyperdrive on the Millenium Falcon.

?Actually, Han, I need to get together with Father and discuss our plans for the Jedi Academy when we go back to Naboo,? Luke said apologetically.

He noticed that his uncle frowned at those words and sighed. He didn?t want to hurt Owen, but his father was an important person in his life, and he was responsible for rebuilding the Jedi Order. Much as he loved his guardians, Luke couldn?t change the path his life had taken. He could never go back to Tatooine and be a farmer. Owen and Beru would have to accept that.

?Well, how about you, Owen?? Han asked, realizing that it would be a good chance for him to talk with the other man about Anakin Skywalker, as he?d agreed to do.

Owen looked a little uncertain. ?I don?t know anything about star ships.?

?But you?re a good mechanic, Uncle Owen,? Luke told him. ?You always kept our speeders and vaporators in working order.?

?You can pick it up,? Han assured him. ?Come on, it?s better than sitting in the apartment by yourself all afternoon. And once Luke and Anakin start talking about their Jedi Order, they can go on for hours.?

So Owen agreed and as they were leaving, Luke caught his friend?s ar

3. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    *sigh* Oh the complexities of the family dynamic. :p

Owen has a lot of issues to work through.

I hope everything is okay with your sister-in-law.

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    forgiveness can be difficult. I thought Han did a good job talking with Owen. He didn't claim to have all the answers.

Don't worry about not being done with the story. Take your time. :)

5. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Thanks, RebelMom and Gina,

My sister-in-law is okay. She and her husband just had to go out of town unexpectedly. They couldn't afford plane tickets for the kids, too, so we offered to let them stay with us. They're supposed to be back home tomorrow, though. Thanks for wishing her well.

And thanks for understanding about the story, too. I really wanted to get it finished by New Year's, but sometimes RL interferes. And I don't want to rush it, either.

I rushed the ending of "Fear," because I felt like I needed to get that last chapter done so I could concentrate on this one, and I'm not happy with the reunion scene in "Fear" at all. I may even rewrite that last chapter and have more interaction between Han/Leia/Luke/Anakin at the end.

Oh, well, the lesson I've learned from that is to take your time and write it well to start with. :p

Thanks again.

Kristeh

6. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Hi, everyone,

Well, believe it or not, I finally finished this story. And only 4 days after I'd planned to finish it. :p

Hope you enjoy it.

Kristeh

Christmas Reunion Part 7

Owen was striding down the hall towards Luke?s apartment when the door opened and Anakin came out. They both froze and just stared at one another for a moment. Then Owen muttered something angrily under his breath, spun around, and headed back down the hall. He wasn?t sure where he was going, but anyplace where he didn?t have to see Anakin Skywalker sounded good.

?Owen, wait!? Anakin called. ?Please,? he added, as Owen kept going. Whether or not Owen would have conceded, he didn?t know, but the other man had reached the turbolift doors and had to pause anyway.

Anakin hurried to catch up with him. ?Owen, could we please talk? I know that I?ve done some terrible things in the past, and maybe you can?t ever forgive me, but we do both care about Luke. For his sake, can you at least listen to me, just for a few minutes??

Owen?s hand was raised to open the turbolift doors, when he hesitated. He had just been thinking about the need to reconcile with Anakin for Luke?s sake, hadn?t he? The problem was, he might know that he needed to take that step, but he felt very unprepared for it. His feelings were all in a jumble. Anger, confusion, resentment, jealousy-they all warred within his heart when he thought about Anakin.

But then he thought about Luke. His nephew was such a good boy, always had been. From the time he was little, Luke had always been kind-hearted, caring, and generous. Luke deserved to be happy, and although Owen couldn?t really understand it, having his father around seemed to make him happy.

He sighed and let his hand fall back to his side. ?All right, but only for Luke?s sake.?

They went back to the apartment, and Luke did a double take at the sight of the both of them together.

?Okay, it?s my turn to kick you out,? Anakin told him with a grin. ?I?d like to talk with Owen alone, please, if you don?t mind.?

Luke looked from his father, to his uncle, and back again. Then he nodded. ?All right, I?ll be next door.? And he left.

Once he was gone, Owen crossed his arms and said sharply, ?All right, what?s this about??

Anakin sighed. ?I know I shouldn?t ask for your forgiveness. I?ve hurt you and Beru too much. But I was hoping-?

?Forget us,? Owen snapped. ?You?ve hurt Luke too much.?

Anakin blinked, and Owen was surprised to see the glint of tears in his eyes. The Jedi cleared his throat and said, ?Yes, you?re right. I?ve hurt Luke too much. There was no reason for him to forgive me, either, and yet he did, anyway.?

There was a long silence. Then Owen said, in a tone that was almost imperceptibly less hostile. ?Luke?s always been a good kid. Too good for his own good, if you know what I mean.?

?Yes, I know what you mean,? Anakin agreed softly. ?I?m glad he?s that way. I wouldn?t have been saved, if he weren?t, but now sometimes I worry about him. He cares so much about people. Sometimes I?m afraid he?s going to be hurt.?

There was a pause, and then Anakin added, ?I will never hurt Luke again. I promise.?

For a second, Owen?s face seemed to grow harsh again. ?That doesn?t change the past.?

?Nothing can change the past,? Anakin?s voice was rough with emotion. ?If there were any way, any way at all, that I could, I would change it. Every day, my heart breaks when I look at my children, and I remember the suffering I caused them. I would take all their pain on myself if I could.?

?Do you think having to live with those memories is easy? It?s not. It tears me up inside. But I deserve that, and more. I?m not saying I don?t. But still, my children-both of them-have chosen to forgive me and to let me be part of their lives, and we?re building a new future together. I can never make up for the past, but I can never quit trying to, either.?

Anakin?s voice trembled, and he took a deep breath to steady it before going on. ?Anyway,

7. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    But the best present was Anakin?s. He opened his gift to find a beautiful portrait of Padme, the same portrait that had hung in their room at Theed Palace when they had first gone to visit. He stared at it, speechless with amazement.

You just had to do it, didn't you, kristeh. You had to make me all teary-eyed! :p

Excellent, as always. I'm a sucker for happy endings, and I'm glad the Lars family and Anakin are working past, well, their past.

I hope you enjoy your rest, and most definitely send me a PM when you post "Sandstorm."

Gina

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Nice finish. Feel free to PM me when you begin your new story.

9. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Aw, that was so sweet! I'm definitely a sucker for a happy ending and I love all your stories, Kristeh! :) :)

Please, DO PM me when you get started on the new one. I can't wait to see it! :D

10. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I loved the end. I wouldn't mind a PM. I'm going to try to read your other stories as soon as I can.

11. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Awesome ending kristeh

I loved that they were going to at least try to get along. In light of the circumstances that is the most any can hope for.

Please do PM when Sandstorm is up. Hehe, I like that name.

12. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Thank you, everyone! :) I will definitely PM you when I begin "Sandstorm." And thanks for showing so much interest and encouragement! It means a lot to me.

Kristeh

13. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    oooooo so nice. I'm happy that the ice has been at least partially broken. Very good Kristeh.

and could you please PM me too when Sandstorm goes up? I'd love to read it :D

14. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Thanks, Cala! And I'll let you know when "Sandstorm" is up, but it probably won't be for a month or so.

Kristeh

15. Viceroy Rook

Viceroy Rook Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 1999
    Wow, that really was nicely done... looking forward to Sandstorm! A PM would be cool, if you wouldn't mind.

16. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Thank you, Viceroy Rook! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'll let you know when I begin posting "Sandstorm."

Kristeh

17. JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA

JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2003
    I first read RTN,TLO and Fear so natuarally I had to read this one and I LOVED IT! I especially liked the relationship between Anakin and Luke.Please PM when you start Sandstorm.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

:cool: Mariana :cool:

18. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Hi, Mariana,

Wow! I'm so glad you've read my stories. It's wonderful to have a new reader.

I love the father/son relationship between Anakin and Luke, too. It's what inspires me to write. I'll be happy to PM you when I begin "Sandstorm."

Thank you for reading and responding. It's really made my day. :)

Kristeh

19. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I just read this in one sitting. Absolutely wonderful!

20. kristeh

May 24, 2003
    Thank you! :)

Kristeh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.