main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Christmas time in the City

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MysterySith, Dec 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    to follow up on things from the other thread. I agree as well that thr city is beautiful this time of year, other than it being extra crowded from tourists, though I am having a guest ovger from out of town and I look foward to showing her around the city, it will be fun. I can relate to Caillin about working in the City this time fo the year. The subway is extra crowded. I work near Grand Central Station, its always packed there, but more so for the Holidays.

2. Cailinn-Sar

Cailinn-Sar Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2000
    Thats cool MysterySith,at least I'm not the only one from the forum that has to deal with that.Barring all that it's still the best,most beautiful city in the world.Talk later.

3. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    yes, agreed, amazingly beautiful city. You gotta love the Macy's window displays, the tree in Rockafeller Center, and all the great decorations and bell ringing Santas on every corner :)

4. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I'm ashamed to admit that I have NEVER actually ice skated at Rockefeller Center.

5. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    Me neither, I haven't ice skated since I was like 6. I don't think I'd have fun really, besides it's such madness over there, u wait on line for like forever to skate around a rink that's MUCH smaller than it seems on TV and the movies (what a let down the first time I saw it) for like 5 minutes and then go....I dunno, maybe it's somethin to try when I got a girl I'm in love with or somethin, but till then I can wait :p

6. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2000
    i never skated there either, but i was picked last in gym all my life so it dont bother me that much...lol

Bring on tha Summer heat!!

:)

7. DarthNut

DarthNut Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 1, 1999
    I agree, the city looks GREAT this time of year!

DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.
    Go Eagles Go!

8. madmax

madmax Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    My life is too damn busy right now to enjoy it.

9. New York Jedi

New York Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 1999
    LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!

Hate the cold, and the tourists.

I work in Rockefeller Plaza, and am about to go stark raving mad!

But that said, there is nothing like New York City, and there's NOTHING like NYC in Christmas. Ho Ho Ho.

10. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    What's a good present to get for a dad? I'm having a major block trying to come up with one for mine.

11. Cailinn-Sar

Cailinn-Sar Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey Yanksfan,I guess that it depends on what your pops is in to,you could always buy some cool Star Wars stuff & if he dont like you can always keep it for your self(hahaha).Talk later.

12. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Yanksfan, how much are you willing to spend, you can get some cool tech gadet. fun to play with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.