main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Christmas" Vader???

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Rebel_Spook, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    It's times like these I feel sorry for completists.

2. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    It's times like this when I remember why I'm not a completist anymore.

That may well be a prototype, but their description pretty much clarifies where they're going with this figure - a red Vader. I don't care if they add glitter to it or make it different shades of red, or make him sing "we wish you a merry christmas" in a breathy voice...I don't want him.

3. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Now that would be cool if he really sang songs, and maybe swung his hips around like those Halmark Snowmen they sell every year. ;)

4. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    Hmmm...you might be right on that...okay...I'd rethink my position if that were the case...but I'm not going to bet any big money on that being the way it goes...:D

5. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    george wont be collecting any money from me for this

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    This has to be one of the most hideous figures I've ever seen. I have the other three holiday edition sets, but I'll be passing on this one. I agree with the theory that these were the "failed" batch of Lava Vader figures.

7. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Blecch! Who's idea was this?

8. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    The thing that made the other holiday exclusives cool was that they had some work put into them, and fit a holiday theme very well (most were based on artwork, if I recall correctly). This Vader is just lame...it not only has no creativity or imagination, but if the final version looks anything like this one does, it's not even appealing to look at...

9. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    Honestly, I'm considering buying it, but ONLY because its a Christmas edition... if this was just another exclusive, id pass.

10. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Isnt that the same Vader as the Target Vader cup as well? The cape looks the same to me.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum are doing a poll on this subject - head on over and vote!

12. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    i dont know what the vader building card looks like....:confused:

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You can see that here. It is image 4 on the SWS story about the Vader.

14. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    to be honest, either of the other options would be better than the red one, but i still want it :p

15. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    The Santa Vader would be cool, but for the sake of originality (even though I don't own the three previous Holiday exclusives), I'd probably say the snowtrooper one would be the best bet. That I would actually buy...

16. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    I'm gonna get it just because I have the other X-mas editions but it is pretty ugly. The vader building the snow stormtrooper would have been 100x better though.

17. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    I can't stop looking at it...it's so hideous, and yet mezmerizing at the same time....the guy at the lava reflection Vader factory who created that by accident is laughing his way to the bank...

18. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I would have loved the snowman version. That would have better fit into the other sets. The glaring Red Vader (and you know there's going to be a Green Variant :rolleyes: ) just looks like a anomaly next to the other three sets.

19. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    I read this thread and thought it was a joke and then realized it is a joke! Red Vader?
    What's next green R2? I won't buy it but, the packaging does look interesting.

20. Estaban

Estaban Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2005
    You do of course know what this means?

The fanbase hates it. I mean, on any of the action firgure boards, almost no one has voiced any approval. The only people who sound like they are going to buy it are the completeists and even they are saying, "well, it looks stupid, but I'll end up buying one anyways."

Sales will suck for Christmas Vader.

Hasbro will determine there is no more demand for Christmas figures and they won't release one next year.

So instead of figuring it was a crappy design that nobody wanted, they just will figure the concept is dead in the water and that's that.

21. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Eh,I like it Ok. But it's not nearly as cool as the last 3 holiday sets.

22. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Or they'll stick a prototype disclaimer on it and hit the drawing board again.

23. NewWorldOrder

NewWorldOrder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    I like the card and the red, and i just ordered one.

what can i say i'm a sucker for holiday crap.

24. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    I didn't think it was possible to make a hideous Darth Vader figure. Props to Hasbro for proving me wrong. :rolleyes:

Poor, poor Vader. It's a sad day when the Dark Lord of the Sith has been reduced to a garishly red Christmas decoration. The only thing that could make this work would be if they packaged the Holiday Special on DVD along with it. [face_laugh]

I do really love the Christmas card that comes with it, though, that pictures Vader making a Stormtrooper snowman. Why couldn't they have done that (Stormie the Snowman) instead?

25. long_long_ago

long_long_ago Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    i'm thinking the same thing---what a poor vader![face_pig]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.