main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Christmas" Vader???

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Rebel_Spook, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am the biggest SW sucker out there and even I do not like it. All they needed to do was give him a Santa hat or a candy cane lightsabre and they would have got me. I give this figure a big thumbs down...

2. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    You know, I got to thinking, they could still have pulled off a semi decent Holiday Vader just with repainting if they'd done something a little more creative, ie. color him all white like he's made of snow, or make part of his details green and part red, or candy cane stripe the entire figure, or SOMETHING other than the bloody red color. I'm trying to be less brutal here since I know there are folks who want this figure, but I still can't hold back completely. Is it possible Hasbro is hoping we'll all complain about what a glaring monstrosity it is, and just have to have it to show our grandchildren Hasbro's huge screw up?

If I send any letters to anyone this Christmas, it won't be to relatives or Santa, it will be to Hasbro saying, "What the he!! were you thinking??" :eek: :oops:

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    My advice keep Star Wars and Christmas seperate

4. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I wish that Rebelscum had posted a pic of the Santa Vader for their poll so that I could be a more informed voter!

Those of you who think that Hasbro should have put more creativity into this figure are forgetting one major thing: this is HASBRO we are talking about! I would think by now that it is obvious that they think we will buy anything if the throw a different paint job on something, call it exclusive, and limited edition!

5. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    Well, they picked a bad time to do that. They got my hopes up with the ROTS line that we could expect great things from them in the future. It just doesn't make sense. On one level, they've shown tremendous ability to create cool characters and great sculpts and figures that don't stay on the pegs for more than a few minutes. If they think we'll buy anything, why go to all that trouble initially? To hook us maybe? The trouble is there are completists out there that will buy this thing, and Hasbro will interpret their commitment to buy as actual interest in the figure, and deliver us the all green artoo next year. I think the Christmas figs are one tradition that is made to be broken if they keep delivering figures of this "quality" in the future.

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    [Luke]What a piece of junk![/Luke]
    I have all the other Christmas figures, but I can't get myself to buy this sad, hideous thing. I hope Hasbro reads this thread and does something about it. Of course I'm thinking wishfully. Oh well. No complete Christmas figure set for me.

7. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000

<marquee><font size="+4">What a piece of junk!!!</font></marquee>

8. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I really don`t think Sith Lords have much christmas spirit:p

Palpatine with a Santa hat next...

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Mike

LMAO [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Humm well Palpatine could be dressed up as Father Christmas in the old time robes. Course he'd be better off as Scrooge :p

{D'OH} :oops: Fanfiction plot bunnies just attacked me! :oops:

10. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005

LMAO!!

(i STILL want one :p )

11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh]

He almost looks like some sort of summertime frozen treat, like he should have a stick coming out of his... cape. This guy could become the internet equilavant of a peg warmer.

He's less 'Ho, ho, ho ' and more 'No, no, no !'

12. LeiaShmiPadme

LeiaShmiPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Hello! [face_peace]

I have to say that when I saw the Christmas Vader I thought he looked like a Strawberry Popsicle. He just doesn't say Christmas. He more like says eat me. :D

13. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    *imagines pushing the Vader's chest plate and hearing him say, "eat me!"*

[face_laugh]

Hmmm...still don't think I'd buy that one...not even if he had a stick up his back side...although, "tastes great!" is about the only selling point they didn't include in that overblown description...

14. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm still kinda hoping that the image we saw was a prototype of some sort and that the real Holiday Vader is going to be worthy of sitting on the shelf next to Yoda, the Jawas and the Droids.

Here's hoping.... [face_worried]

15. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    yeah its a prototype... of the lava vader

16. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    It may be a picture of the prototype, but the description would be wrong if they change it too much. Which, by definition could be deemed as fraud if they change it too dramatically as there have been people who have paid for what they see and read.

17. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    The only thing that doesn't jibe between the description and the figure shown is that he's not very "shiny". The description makes it sound like he's supposed to be metallic red like a christmas bulb sort of. That still doesn't do much to make me want the figure, though...even if he had a little string look on his head to hang him from a tree.

18. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    My biggest fear about this figure right now is that, since no one's rushing to buy it, I'm going to have to look at it at the top of shopstarwars.com for the next three months. [face_sick]

19. NewWorldOrder

NewWorldOrder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    i'm getting this i like the card design too much.(oh well it's my 1st holiday fig)[face_clown]

20. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Extremely dislike the figure, but I like the card back.

21. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    My fear is that they won't know what to do for the Christmas figure next year, and I don't think it gets much crappier than this.

I like the greeting card though.

22. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    [face_laugh] It's funny 'cause it's true.
    This is why the word craptacular was invented. I can't wait for the holiday evolutions set

23. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    It could have been worse, I guess...they could focus on Easter for their holiday figs...picture a pink vader, maybe with bunny ears on top of his helmet, and maybe this one won't seem to bad...

24. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, putting bunny ears onto a Vader would be more effort than they put into this Holiday figure, which is just using an old mold and painted red. I think that's half of the diappointment with this thing. The other half being that it's just plain ugly.

25. NewWorldOrder

NewWorldOrder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm lookin forward to this fig. i don't care what anyone says.[face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.