main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Christmas" Vader???

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Rebel_Spook, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Way to stand up for what you believe! Actually, I don't really judge anyone who buys this...that's their decision...I'm just saying I definitely won't be (unless I see it at a garage sale for 50 cents some day mixed in with crocheted ornaments and other old Christmas crap).

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Now if it glowed in the dark with a lava-red glow it might have potential...

3. FRANKTHERABBIT

FRANKTHERABBIT Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    This is the lamest figure in the history of hasbro

:) It is a cheap, unimaginative re-paint, lacking any detail, care, or effort. Even a stock standard vader figure has more detail and decoration on it than this abomination of a figure. It has zero appeal, other than being craptastic, and I might consider acquiring one simply from having an example to show future generations of collectors - a lesson in "what not to do", when it comes to action figures.

Even the earliest vintage figures had more attention put into them, despite the obvious advances made in today's climate of action figure production and technology. The worst custom in the world is worth more than this figure.

Overall, I haven't been as impressed with many of the ROTS action figures so far. The good ones are few and far-between, and I find myself passing on most of them.

:) Hasbro blows meaty-chunks for this figure!

4. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Plain red isn't that great, so just for the keck of it I decided to make it more Christmas-y

Not actually better, just more Christmas-y [face_laugh]

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think I like your version better! [face_laugh]

6. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    I like that better too...that's what I had in mind when I said they should at very least have incorporated more Christmas colors into it. Red alone is not innately Christmas. The sad thing is that I bet a lot of SW fans will get this for Christmas from non fans who happen to visit the site looking for something for that SW freak in their lives...be sure to get out your "what NOT to get me" list early this year, and put this bad boy at the top of your list!!

7. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/majik_monkee/ffe19885.jpg]

I've been getting the following banner occasionally when I visit certain SW related sites. I hope none of my relatives go looking for a SW related Christmas gift for me and read that banner...nothing is more frightening than the thought of the Crimson Vader hiding in my stocking waiting to overwhelm me with crappiness...[face_worried]

EDIT: Hmm...I thought I captured the second half of the banner's message where it says "the perfect stocking stuffer!" Sorry if that didn't quite make sense initially...

8. pakatak

pakatak Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2002
    The thing I liked about the previous years were they had a "cute" element to them. The Santa Yoda, was pretty cool, the Jawas were awesome as well. The droids was cool, i love R2 with antlers, but Vader is not supposed to be cute. Has he done anything in the films that make people laugh. Maybe a Halloween Vader with a pumkin type head, ala Sleepy Hollow, would be cool, but Vader and Christmas don't go together.

Anyways here are some ideas of what they could do in the future,

Ewoks-Two or three caroling with Christmas scarves and stuff
    Mindless storm troopers putting ornaments on a tree would be cool
    wookies kissing under the mistletoe
    Jar Jar in a tangled mess of Chrismass lights-Alot of people Jar Jar, but I like him.

Now i realize this is getting kinda off topic, but does anyone put their figs in with their nativity display, this may seem sacriligious, but we put our taco bell Yoda in, he appears to be paying his respects. My mom allows that one, but the SA Clone doesn't stay.

9. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    The Ewok and JarJar ideas are great. I'd buy them in a heartbeat. I used to try to display my Taco Bell Yoda as a knick-knack on various shelves or countertops when I first got married only to have my wife find him and stuff him in a drawer somewhere. I eventually gave it up when she took poor Yoda, opened up the front door, and threw him out on the street. I can take a hint. ;)

10. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    So did you get a new one? A new wife, that is? ]-}

What's so bad about Taco Bell Yoda? [face_thinking]

11. NewWorldOrder

NewWorldOrder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    It's one of the bestsellers at swshop so obviously ppl are buyin it.

12. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Of course people are buying it. They want alternatives to coal.

13. FRANKTHERABBIT

May 31, 2004
    Pretty much all the suggested alternatives to Hasbro's crappy red vader are a thousand times better and more worthy of people's attention.

Big thumbs down on Hasbro for this turkey :oops:

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's bad enough that the Christmas Vader looks crappy...
    But now Rebelscum reports that it won't be available untill January...

Who is going to want it then?

15. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Yeah...I think it's safe to say this is the worst Christmas ever for Hasbro.

16. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    "2005 Holiday Figure", um then shouldn't it be in peoples' hands in...2005?!? :oops: :rolleyes:

EDIT--

Just noticed this was added to description of the figure on SWS.com:

Please note: this item is a pre-order item and will not ship until January 2006, after Christmas.

Really? January comes after Christmas? Wow, I will have to update my calendar... [face_plain]

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Maybe they should just change that 2005 to a 2006...

18. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I admit, I ordered one of these, but I wouldn't complain if they changed the release date from January 2006 to...

never.

19. FRANKTHERABBIT

May 31, 2004
    Way to go, Hasblow...

=D=

:oops:

[face_sick]

20. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have the urge to get one of these figures just to destroy it but I do not want to spend the $20 for shipping charges.

21. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    It's shocking to see Vader drenched in the blood of thousands of Jedi being used as a Christmas exclusive! :p

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well,now it's a post-Christmas exclusive... :)

23. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    why don't they just start calling it a Valentine's figure :rolleyes:

24. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Can we hope and pray that the delay is because they are going to REDESIGN it??????

25. Bripe_Klmun

Bripe_Klmun Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    Given the outcry over the craptacularness of the figure, that's probably a safe bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.