main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Christoper Lee on Saturday Night Live (1976) shown today

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by PalpatineAntikristos, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    On E! Entertainment Television today they showed the 1976 classic episode of Saturday Night Live with Mr. Lee hosting. In an interview, he once called his appearance on SNL one of the "highlights" of his career.

The skits typically involve sending up his screen persona with a variety of ghoulish or "English gentlemen" characters. In one skit he portrays "Mr. Death" in a costume that looks very Sith-like. There is even a small Star Wars reference (not involving the future Dooku) during the Weekend Update segment in which Bill Murray discusses its Best Picture Oscar chances. Meat Loaf is the musical guest prompting a clever line from Lee: "meet Loaf."

I don't know when they'll repeat it, but knowing basic cable, it's only a matter of time.

2. Force_Prophet

Force_Prophet Jedi Master star 3

Apr 9, 2003
    Thanks for the heads up. I love what Christopher Lee brought to AotC, and cannot wait until I see him again in EPIII.

3. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    I do remember that. And wasn't that the one where he introduces these goofy horror flicks like The Island of Lost Luggage, The Thing That Wouldn't Leave and Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Rogers? It's still funny even today. Classic Saturday Night will always be the best.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    They should bring Mr. Lee back on the show as a host one of these days.

5. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Bib Fortuna: Yes, yes! A Count Dooku/Yoda spoof would be great! :D ;) :cool:

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

6. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    They should bring Mr. Lee back on the show as a host one of these days.

I agree. Either him or anyone else from SW. It would be a great way to promote Ep3 in early May 2005...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.