main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Christopher Lee, rest in peace

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hearing this, (my daughter called from vacation to tell me) had me bummed all day. He was my first crush and a great part of my childhood. Even in my teens my mom and I would see every Lee/Cushing movie that would come out.

RIP

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Very sad but oh, what I'd give to get to his age and having lived a life that rich.

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    And I will add here: a true talent and gentleman. Heaven welcomes Sir Christopher. He's lived a wonderful, full life and gave so much joy to so many.

Like many others, I've been a long time fan so I am grateful to have discovered him so young.

Thank you for the many happy memories Sir. Rest in Peace. @};-

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    He had a magnificent voice. I love his singing in Magic of the Wizard's Dream, in both Italian and English.

MrZAP and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    The German version gives Cushy chills.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  6. Isotope217

Isotope217 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2002
    I always thought he was actually St. Germain...@};-

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    He was certainly legendary, having entertained the masses for decades, on top of a lot of crazy-awesome personal stuff he's done.

His is the type of life we should all hope to live. Maybe not the fame, but simply the sheer grandness of everything he did, and the joy he got out of it, or conversely the self-contentment he probably got from serving his country when its need was greatest.

8. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Interesting fact: When he was a teenager and visiting friends in France in the 1930s, he attended the last public execution by guillotine France conducted.

@};-

9. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    My favourite Bond villain...

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    My favourite person on the Band on the Run album cover.

Drac39 and Healer_Leona like this.
  11. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
  12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I mean this quite genuinely; he was one of the masters of elevating material. He could take a thinly written part and imbue it with menace and charisma and charm and really whatever else it might have needed. Beyond memorable and as we often say when some artistic legend passes, there's no one quite like him. A figure like Lee will quite simply never exist again.

13. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999

Also, TCM will be running a Christopher Lee marathon on June 22nd. The movies are:

6:15 AM The Mummy (1959)
    8:00 AM The Curse of Frankenstein (1957)
    9:30 AM Horror of Dracula (1958)
    11:00 AM Dracula, Prince of Darkness (1966)
    12:45 PM Dracula Has Risen From the Grave (1969)
    2:30 PM Horror Express (1972)
    4:00 PM The Three Musketeers (1972)
    6:00 PM The Four Musketeers (1975)

14. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
  15. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    One of Lee's lesser known roles, though he considered it his favorite: Muhammad Ali Jinnah, founder of Pakistan.

[​IMG]

16. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
  17. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    call him what you want, just don't call him late for jinnah

Sarge and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    His career spanned several generations, and so many remember him as someone different. Despite his fear of being typecast, he has done a number of iconic roles.
    To some he is Dracula, others he is Scaramanga, Lord Summerisle, or Saruman or Dooku.

[​IMG]

Say what you will about the quality of the Prequels, Lee was a stand-out part and a good memory to take from Episode II especially. He made even mediocre material sound great, and effortless.

19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    It's a shame The Man with the Golden Gun is so bad otherwise, because he's one of the best Bond villains actually. That scene at the circus where he's telling Bond that story about his childhood . . . what a great scene.

Havac likes this.
  20. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Jinnah is genuinely Cushy's fave Lee part ever. I imported a copy from England via his site after reading his fabulously moving account of the shoot and why he did it via Lord of Misrule.

MrZAP likes this.
  21. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Reading all the tributes reminded me of a couple of atypical roles he did. In the Western "Hannie Caulder", he played a friendly English gunsmith alongside Raquel Welch and Robert Culp. And in "Triage", he played an elderly psychiatrist treating a war correspondent (played by Colin Farrell) with PTSD. As I recall, both movies are well worth tracking down.

22. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    I've been silently paying my respects to Sir Christopher Lee over the last 2 days. One of the first actors for me where I said "My god that VOICE", when I was a wee kid watching The Last Unicorn. Only later to learn about his prolific career and life...I've thoroughly come to the conclusion that the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man In The World" commercials are based on him to some degree. The man was amazing. And then as a fan of Heavy Metal, to find he was a fan, and then to hear him record his own albums...simply amazing
    I'm Seriously heartbroken right now, but I am in awe and respect at the life he lived.
    Rest In Peace Sir Christopher Lee. May you raise a pint with Peter Cushing, Vincent Price and J.R.R. Tolkein. You will always be remembered.

23. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Oh my lord this just made my week. Thank you God!

24. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Above is my favorite version of the song. I'm bringing in the second one for Cushy. Lee delivers it fabulously.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    As I've said before, Lee is who the Most Interesting Man in the World wants to grow up to be.