main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 1, 2013.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

I hope the story holds up to how this looks, because this looks(and sounds) incredible.

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Agreed. Take my money.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  4. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Trailer certainly looks tremendous.

Though the thing that struck me the most, honestly, was how much the music sounded like the Batman Begins/Dark Knights (Rises) soundtrack.

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Some of those are beautiful. You could almost hang them on your wall. I am really looking forward to this movie.

6. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Escapist fantasy in the most literal meaning of the words.

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    It had a very Inception vibe to me. Is that an actual Zimmer track from the movie or written specifically for the trailer?

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    The song in the trailer is by Thomas Bergersen from Two Steps From Hell who have made tons of tracks for trailers and movie soundtracks.

9. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Okay, that's the same group who did the awesome music for Abrams' Star Trek trailers. He/they really need to score an entire film.

10. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Did you All know that Jurassic Word's Teaser Trailer and Avengers Age Of Ultron's Teaser Trailer will be shown with Interstellar??

VadersLaMent likes this.
  11. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    It's not like I needed another reason to see Interstellar, but woot!

12. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Is there actually anyone who is excited about another Jurassic Park movie?

13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Jurassic Park has never really been my thing, and even for a die hard fan I'm sure the feeling might be "How many times can we do this?", though I am curious to get a look at this new one. But I've pretty much steered clear of any Avengers stuff and I'm really anxious to see the trailer.

14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    If it's anything like the script that leaked some years ago... it's going to be horrendous. So let's keep our fingers crossed and hope it's gone through a complete overhaul!

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    The Director Of Jurassic World Colin Trevorrow is from the Generation of JJ Abrams he is a huge Star Wars and Spielberg fan He is Filming Jurassic World like Abrams is Filming Star Wars with way more Practical Effects, Less CGI, and he is filming on 35 millimeter film. the film is basically about a working Dino Theme park, "John Hammonds vision come true", and the featured Attraction is a Genetically engineered Dino Part T-Rex and part Raptor called the D-Rex and The D-Rex gets lose in a park filled with Thousands of tourists, think Dinos in Disney World. the park has a Disney Like Board Walk with an I-Max theater, Arcades, Shops, and Restaurants. the park also has Hotel Resorts galore, Imagine Raptors attacking in the Hotels?:D from everything I have heard it sounds like an Awesome film way better then Jurassic Park 3 And people that have seen a rough cut of the film are saying it is a Great film not just the action scenes but the Acting also.....

16. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I'm holding out for T-Rex vs. Predator.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    JoinTheSchwarz,
    It is a totally rewritten script kind of like how Abrams and Kasdan rewrote the Arndt Script Trevorrow rewrote the script that Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver wrote.

Jabbadabbado,
    Why don't you go over to the Jurassic Park Legacy Message Board and see how many people are looking Forward to Jurassic World??.....:cool:

18. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    That sounds like something from the Halo 4 soundtrack.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I would do the midnight showing of this, but 169 minutes?

20. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I fell asleep during Inception. No more midnight Nolans for me.

21. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    If there's a 10 PM showing I'll go. Midnight is a dealbreaker for me. I would probably fall asleep regardless of enjoyment.

I do have a very fond memory of staying awake watching The Dark Knight at midnight because I was riveted. My dad had fallen asleep beside me and was missing the awesome.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    HP 8 was my last midnight showing, and will likely remain so. Partly because I'm old, partly because I've grown out of films, and don't have that need.

23. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I really enjoyed sleeping through Godzilla. That was a 9 pm show though.

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    That's not surprising. The production of video games is becoming more and more like making a film all the time; and vice versa. The line continues to blur. Looking it up, Halo 4 was scored by Neil Davidge (Massive Attack).

I work 3rd shift, so 12 AM is really more like 12 PM to me, but I now reserve midnight showings exclusively for Star Wars movies. Like Diggy, it's partially growing up and out of that need to be at the vanguard of every pop culture event (i.e. getting old). It's also just not wanting to trudge across town through the dark at 12 AM--particularly in the Winter--when the movie will still be there the next day, the next week, or on demand a few months later.

I will say that seeing a film at midnight is a unique experience. Particularly for an established franchise film. I remember going to see the midnight release of Attack of the Clones and there were people dressed up in costumes, some running around having "lightsaber" duels, lots of loud talking and laughing. I thought "This is going to be awful". But after exploding with cheers when the opening crawl began they became dead silent for the next two plus hours. Looking back, this may be a product of the film being awful, but I like to think it's more because they were fans who were there to actually see the film and enjoy that communal moviegoing experience.

25. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Did you at least wake up during the good parts?