main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Chronicle I "Ralian" (Post ROTJ drama/action)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Corellius, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corellius

Corellius Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2007
    Hello!

I'm new to the forums here and am excited to post the first of many chronicles I have already completed in a fun new series set twenty years post ROTJ that are about a Force talented bounty hunter named Zentar Corellius. I hope everyone enjoys it, as I'd love to post the rest over time.

Thanks and regards,
    Corellius

Title: Ralian
    Author: Corellius (Scott McGraw)
    Characters: All original
    Genre: Drama

The young man carefully made his way through the old ruins, stepping over fallen debris and rocks that had been there for more than two centuries. After several minutes of picking his way through, he paused, wiped the sweat from his face and closed his eyes, reaching out into the Force...

"Ah, yes, he is here! And alive!", he said aloud in excitement. His eyes drifted to where he'd sensed the life force he'd sought and saw a large pile of rubble. Hardly swayed, he reached out with one arm and began to concentrate. At first nothing seemed to happen, but gradually the rocks and other debris began to shift and move as if by themselves.

The young man then reached deeper into the Force, tightening his fist and clenching his teeth. Bit by bit, the pile began to diminish as rock and mortar flew and crashed several yards away. When he at last opened his eyes, he was greeted by a small stairwell that descended below the ruins.

Without the slightest hesitation, he quickly descended down the crude stone steps with a lamp in hand, and soon found himself in a small chamber no bigger than ten feet across and equally as wide. The room was thick with stagnant air and dust making it seem more like a tomb.

In fact, tomb-like was exactly the right description, as he silently regarded the dusty stasis tube lying upon a three foot pedestal in the center. Again, without hesitation, he moved forward with purpose and began to examine the unfamiliar controls on the ancient device.

"Hmmm, this looks straight forward enough.", he mused, noting a recessed hole in what
    appeared to be some sort of panel. From under the folds of his tunic he produced an old looking key-like object and gently inserted it.

Naturally, it fit perfectly, as he knew it would. The young man then stepped back and
    waited.

After several seconds of eerie silence he began to hear a faint hum begin to emanate from within the old machine. He watched intently as the droning sound grew in intensity and some multi-colored lights began to flicker on the panel.

Then suddenly, the tube popped open and fell away in two pieces, revealing a dark
    cloaked figure lying peacefully upon the smooth pedestal, looking quite dead.

The young man's breath caught in his throat as he regarded the frightening and
    disappointing sight. "Dead? How can this be?"

Again, he reached out in the Force and was shaken to discover that this man lying before him was in fact quite alive and rapidly regaining awareness.

Suddenly a bit more fearful, he stepped back a few paces, now wondering about the
    wisdom of his actions, when the figure began to stir to life. Slowly the undead-like man's eyes popped open revealing two dull yellow orbs that danced around the chamber for several seconds before finally finding the other.

The younger man swallowed hard and steadied himself, feeling a wave of unnatural fear come over him.

"Lord Ralian, I presume?", he whispered in dry tones.

The older man, if he was a man, looked as though a small breeze could carry him away, but his eyes revealed a strength and intensity that intimidated the younger man to the core. Slowly, he sat himself up using muscles not moved for centuries and stared hard at his liberator.

"I am Darth Ralian, Lord of the Sith. Who are you, boy?", he asked in quiet tones from beneath the decayed cowl of his cloak.

"I am... my name is Torin Xal, former Jedi student.", he replied nervously, unable to regain his normally high level of confidence. Something about this man seemed to be sapping his very will, it seemed. He radiated intensely with the Darkside...

"Jedi?", the older man his

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.