main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Chronicle of the Dervish: The Life of a Displaced Jedi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CieSharp, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Greetings, readers,

This is my first time submitting anything in public. I realize that doing a long length OC story is making quite a jump, and I'll probably get a lot of criticism, but I'm ready. Thanks for giving this thread a click. If a decent group of people find it fairly entertaining, I'll write two more chapters. Special thanks to two beta writers who gave me useful advice.

--------

Chronicle of the Dervish

Cie Sharp

Chapter I: Birth of a Jedi

The starlines ceased, finally. The long journey from the bright center of the universe to the distant fringes of where the Mid Rim ended and the Outer Rim began, was complete. Returning to Coruscant would be just as long a journey, but focusing on the task at hand, rather than dwelling upon the ensuing mediocrity of eventless hyperspace travel, would be paramount to success.

The sleek, wedge-shaped personal transport knifed through the void of space alone, approaching a blue-green globe with smatterings of earthen tones. The only company to be had were a relative handful of outdated comm satellites; the few links that this faraway world enjoyed with the rest of the galaxy. The thin-faced, youthful Corellian Vayshe Garm raised a curved eyebrow and scrutinized the planet with her ice blue eyes.

?It?s even more beautiful than I was told ?? she thought, pensively. ?But so remote. Thankfully, this should be over with in a day -- .?

Suddenly, her thoughts took a new course. ?What would my master think of such an adverse attitude? One of her most infamous analects , after all, is, ?A Jedi must find favor with any environment? ??

Her resolve renewed, the young Padawan learner swiveled her pilot seat to the left, leaned toward the nav console, and tapped several keys in rapid succession. The projector generated a small holographic image of the approaching planet, accompanied by text;

PLANET: CHALACTA
    ENTERED COORDINATES: VILLAGE KOVOR, SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
    ETA: 45 MINUTES

Vayshe took the helm and brought the transport into a descent, penetrating Chalacta?s atmosphere. The many colored lights and ornate buildings, temples, and spires, accentuated by the backdrop of the majestic Lak mountain range, comprised the night skyline of the Southern Capital City Veeshypadnam. She watched with silent awe as the transport descended further, and the capital came into perfect panoramic view, like a souvenir holocard image. The first waypoint had been reached.

The Padawan?s transport veered toward the east, leaving the city lights for the natural illumination of Chalacta?s seven moons and the innumerable shining stars. The transport?s two forward illumination beams provided additional visibility. The next waypoint would bring her to a sparsely habited, undeveloped portion of the world. Dutifully following the linear beacon in the form of an archaic railway system, Vayshe set an approach vector toward the village of Kovor. An endless stream of lush, grassy plains, dotted sparingly by tall, gangly palm trees and flanked by short, green-capped mountains, marked her path.

The gentle serenity of pre-dawn was gradually roused by the waxing lights of daybreak. As the faint rays of the sun slowly grew to greater intensity, a blinking artificial light could be seen atop a thin, metallic pole; a lone beacon shrouded in a sea of early dawn mists. ?That should be the airstrip ?? Vayshe thought aloud. The transport?s repulsorlift engines gave their distinctive whine as Vayshe brought it to a delicate descent to the ground below.

The empty airstrip, apparently unused, was quite spartan in appearance; the only structure nearby was a one storey saffron colored Adobe building, its tiled roof riddled with various antennas and satellite dishes. Steam suddenly shot from the transport?s dorsal vents as the aft bay doors opened, followed by the extension of an exit ramp. A slim, hooded figure, clad in the trademark earthen brown robes of a Jedi, sat atop a late model swoop. The vehicle exited the ship with a great burst of acceleratio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.