1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

Oceania Chronicles of Narnia or Chronicles of Riddick. Which do you like the best?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Viceroy_NuteGunray, May 15, 2006.

?

Chronicles of Narnia or Chronicles of Riddick. Which do you like the best?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Chronicles of Narnia 11 vote(s) 45.8%
Chronicles of Riddick 7 vote(s) 29.2%
Like them both the same. 2 vote(s) 8.3%
Don't like any of them. 4 vote(s) 16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7

Oh, thats a slippery snake filled slope.

Possibly filled with all the mysterious disspeared bananas. I think there should be a coalition formed to find out what happened to our bananas. Perhaps we can avenge them.

By using Riddick!

Woo!
  2. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Oh, I don't want it to turn into an ALP dumptruck; the enlightened lefties would get upset, and frankly the ALP does itself more harm than I could ever hope to just by seeking consensus.

Pulse is thus far teh winnar.

Sith_Magician, at least Dan's was funny. If you were trying to throw a dart at the dartboard of humour, you missed. You missed by so much in fact that the guy 20ft behind you is wondering why a sharp, piercing pain has suddenly materialised between his shoulder blades. Tell me Sithy, why would you throw darts at an innocent bystander? :(

;)

(You mentioned it having no relevance to the thread, so I assume you're filtering out critical media; Paul Keating has reflected on the point I'm talking about in more depth:
    PAUL KEATING: I think Latham should have taken him on, but you see he was given the polling booth. One of the problems Labor Party has is what is called the party's secretary club. These guys are born and bred to polling, research groups, focus groups. The moment there's any combat the focus groups don't want to hear about it so they say let's take the government on on interest rates. So they won't do it.

So, yeah, actually it was entirely relevant but prompted knee jerk reactions from the Sacred Labor Hearts Club. And I think in part, you just lost the "relevance to the thread" game. It's a random thread, so humour is actually allowed)

E_S
  3. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    It's getting that you can almost count down to one of your "speak to someone like they're a belligerent child" posts.
  4. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Look, I'm not sure I'm comfortable talking to someone who throws darts at innocents. :(

In all seriousness though, I showed you relevance. Be a man about it, and admit that despite poor initial explanation it was relevant?

Also, should't belligerent describe me as well as the child? :p

E_S
  5. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
  6. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    I'm not looking for a fight ( :eek: ) and I wasn't posting to swipe at the ALP per se; though I freely admit context was lacking on my behalf and that contributed to the confusion.

Can't we just agree to get along, and remain wary of Pakistanis who tamper with their balls... o_O

E_S
  7. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Finally, something we can all agree on. ;)
  8. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Yes! I win at ter intranets!

And as the planets have aligned, allowing Ender and Magi to agree on something, I declare this a national holiday. :p
  9. Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Master

star 4
    Narnia. Haven't seen Riddick.
  10. Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked the very interesting political discussion between Ender and Boogieman in relation to both Chronicles.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/GeorgeWBush.jpg]

Our friend President Bush here claims to have evidence to support that Narnia is better than Riddick and that Riddick is building weapons of mass destruction to be used against Narnia. So he goes to war against Riddick and after he defeats him (if Riddick hasn't killed Bush with a teacup), he would admit that he had no evidence to support these allegations.
  11. Raincloud Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    narnia was only good for mr. tumnus. i heard riddick had karl urban in it, which is also good. but narnia wins for me having seen it.
  12. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LAWL SIF!

You love fighting people over the internet. It feeds your dark powers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.