main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chronicles of Riddick

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Just curious if people are up for this one. From the stuff I've been reading and the trailers I've seen this could be a pretty impressive movie and it moved up the ranks of most anticpated this summer for me. So far its like this:
    1. Spidey 2
    2. Alien Vs. Predator
    3. Chronicles of Riddick

Its hard to compete with those other two!

2. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Yeah, but when are they going to have a new friggin trailer for AVP!

3. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Good question, maybe on the front of Day After Tomorrow since that's a Fox movie. They have released three really good featurettes over at www.avp-movie.com. The first is the director discussing the premise of the film, the second shows all the work being done at the creature shop and the third interviews the actors. The last two show clips from the film. They are pretty good substitutes until a new trailer comes out.

Sci-fi fans should be pretty lucky this summer with Spidey, Riddick and AVP, maybe as lucky as last summer where we had X2, Hulk, Matrix Reloaded and T3.

Back to Riddick, I really want this movie to make lots of money cause I'm curious what the sequels will be like, According to Twohy,it's the first part of a trilogy.

4. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Are we still planning on going after the next meeting? I really think we should.

5. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I think we should. Cause that movie is looking cooler and cooler all the time.

6. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I just looked on Fandango and there is a midnight show for Riddick. anyone up for midnight shows cause they are cool, cause Adam just said there is special kind of spirit in the air for midnight shows!

7. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    I think a midnight show would be awesome. Let's do it.

But I just want to see it, so It really doesn't matter when we see it.

8. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I heard a cool rumor I hope is true. There is talk a new AVP trailer will be on the front of Chronicles of Riddick.

9. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I'm all for hitting the midnight Riddick show. For some reason, it's always a lot more fun to see a movie with a bunch of people who are completely stoked for it! Anyone who's ever been to a midnight Star Wars premiere knows what I'm talkin' 'bout. I'm plannin' to hit the midnight show for Spidey 2, also. That flick can't get here fast enough. ARGH!!

10. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    I might be up for it, although a midnight show might be a tough one for me to swing, with the boys and all....tough to find sitters that will keep the kids until after 2am.....

11. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Has anyone tried the demo (or the actual game, since it's out now) for the X Box? Pretty Cool! A good 1st person shooter... nothing to write home about though. Probably because of some of the language...

12. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    OK,
    I think I could go after the meeting on Friday, that way I can kill 2 birds with one stone babysitter-wise. There's a 10:00pm show that night, I could probably do that...A midnight show Thu night is probably out for me...

Doug

13. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    what did everyone think? I liked it quite a lot...
    It didn't amaze me, but it was pleasing and I wasn't disappointed.
    Thoughts?

14. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    This movie FREAKING ROCKED! I thought it was great! I'm going to see it again!

15. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    BTW, I have a review for this film posted at IMDB:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0296572/usercomments-74

Doug

16. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I must agree. It's probably a perfect film to tide some of us over until Episode III comes out. I'm really hoping we get to see more installments of the Riddick saga. I'm hoping to see it again soon. The first half of the movie I was a little worried I wasn't going to like it but by the time the movie was over I felt like it kicked my butt, which is something that hasn't happened much this summer. I thought Van Helsing, The Day After Tomorrow and Troy were kind of weak.

BTW tomorrow Chronicles of Riddick - Dark Fury is released on DVD tomorrow. Its an animated film from the guy that did Aeon Flux and Matriculated on the Animatrix DVD.

17. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    It's too bad that it's not doing well at the boxoffice
    I don't think people realize it's a sequel to Pitch Black. But I saw it twice and liked more the second time...cool visuals, good story, and a cool main character. Vin Diesel has never been my favorite but I've always liked his Riddick character. I bought the soundtrack, it's good, but not great. There's not nearly enough music on it and the tracks are to short.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.