main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chrono Trigger DS.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Omega, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Well it's not announced, not yet anyway. It seems Square-Enix is taking inspiration from Blizzard by setting up a countdown site Yet unlike Blizzard they're not really subtle about it, you see and hear a clicking clock, the URL ends with ctds (figuring the abbreviation of that one isn't hard) and also there is a poor scan from a Japanese magazine.

At the moment the rumours are saying that its going to be a remake but expect at least a port. ;)

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I have GOT to get a DS ... that's all there is to it.

3. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    If you don't already have at least one DS, you pretty much fail at life.

4. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/07/02/chrono-trigger-coming-to-ds

I never got a DS, there were no compelling games to get for it yet. At least until now, I might wait on getting it when it comes out, hopefully they'll have some sort of limited edition bundle crap. It looks like the same game except with new dungeon and you can play wirelessly.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I fail at life for many reasons. This is only one of them. :(

6. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Eh, this would be fantastic either way..Port, remake or original.

I've never had the chance to play the original, but have friends who swear to this day that it's the finest game ever played..

7. Unit-Zero

Unit-Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2004
  8. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    It's looking more and more like I'm gonna have to get myself a DS...

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Dammit, Nintendo- the DS's only major flaw is it has so many great games on it that I'll never have the time to play them all. You are making the situation worse by making the DS library rival the SNES as the greatest ever.

On the bright side, no longer have to pay $70+ to find a copy of the cart to CT now...

10. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Mother****er. Another must-have holiday title I'm gonna have to buy now. Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, I might even have the time to actually PLAY some of these, too.

"Rape-Your-Wallet Fest '08" is already off to a rousing start.

11. chaotic_passion

chaotic_passion Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2008
    Ha, I've never heard that term before.

I never played Chrono Trigger, but from what I understand it has as big a fanbase (or bigger) than my favorite game of all time, Super Mario RPG.

12. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    This game made me believe that people had fridges in the year 1000.

Curious to see what they do with this on the DS. The load times on the PS1 version were brutal, compared to the cartridge. Of course, now it may seem silly, but a few seconds just for a menu to pop up? Or save? Drove me nuts.

That said, I don't hate the PS1 port. This game and Dragon Quest VIII marked the only times past the age of 16 for me where Akira Toriyama's character designs didn't make me want to self-inflict bodily harm with an icepick.

Between this, and the discovered footage of Lang's Metropolis, it has turned into a very, very good past couple of days, indeed.

13. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
  14. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    I am definitely getting this on Tuesday.

15. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    Have to wait for Christmas.

Witt this game, I am one step closer to playing all the RPG's I have heard about for years. Now, I just need an Earthbound VC release.

16. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    That'll never happen.
    They'll want to get more money, it'll be a iPoDS launch title or something.

17. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    Hey, it's already been rated by the ESRB as a Wii title, and I doubt it's a remake. I wouldn't mind a DS version though, I just want to play it.

18. Burning_Hatred

Burning_Hatred Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    I'll probably pick this up, even though I still have my SNES copy sitting in my SNES in my room. :cool:

19. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Is this game any good? I've heard a lot of good things about the original. The only RPG's that I've played are Mario & Luigi,Paper Mario, Mass Efect and Pokemon. Do you think I'll like this game?

20. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I've never met anyone that didn't. Lot of people that didn't think it was the best thing ever, as some do, but it's certainly an enjoyable RPG.

However not being a nintendo fan (just a Square one :p) I can't tell you how it relates to those other games. It has turn based combat, but the enemies are visible on the field so you can avoid them if you like usually. Lots of magic and special techs. The combat is rather similar to Pokemon I guess but with multiple enemies and allies on the field at once, as opposed to just your one Pokemon.

21. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Thanks, I think I'll give it a try.

22. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Oooh, I didn't realise this existed! Must get. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.