Cicero NY Festival Parade Saturday June 9th 6 pm

Discussion in 'Syracuse, NY' started by strawbary, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I recieved a phone call this morning regardign the Cicero Festival Parade.
    Yes I know this is very very short notice however we have been asked to march in the parade.

what I have so far (more info this afternoon)
    Is:
    Parade is Saturday June 9th.
    Parade line up is at 5:45 pm in Cicero.
    Parade steps off at 6 pm. they have a 12 ft float we will march alongside.
    There is a festival right after the parade that should be alot of fun.

Signed up for this so far we have:
    Yoda
    Vader
    Anakin
    and a Jedi

anyone else interested? If you do not have a costume and would like to walk along side the float in SCJ Tshirts and pass out flyers and candy thats ok too. Just post here.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help out! This is great exposure for us and hopefully can get us back on track. Its in our own backyard ;)
  2. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I managed to find a link to the festival. it gives a schedule of events for the day. Seems like they have alot planned :)

Festival Schedule
  3. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    ok, Tomorrow we will need to meet up on the corner of Crabtree road and Route 11 in cicero by 5:15pm.There is a plaza on that corner with a liquor store in it thats now closed. thats the landmark you should be looking for.
    If you need to suit up please adjust your arrival time accordingly. We need to be on the float and ready to go by 5:45 pm. Parade starts at 6 pm.

We are Float # Red 68 so if you get lost ask for that one and people can direct you.

yoda and I are carpooling so we have 4 traveling with us. If there is anyone who need a ride please let me know.
    We still need non costumed help to walk along the float in case any tyhing happens with costumes etc and pass out candy and coloring books. (this is the one parade we can hand out stuff)

So if you want to help out it would be greatly appreciated. There is about 11 people costumed all together for this on the float including the promotors costumes.

I am told the following costumes are:
    Vader
    Yoda
    Anakin
    Ewoks
    Oompa Loompa
    Cousin IT
    Munchkins (3)
    Wicked Witch

She is still currently looking for Harry Potter Costumes if any last minute stragglers can make it.
    Contact me on my cell for those of you who need it pm me I can send that along.
  4. ILoveQA Jedi Knight

star 1
    so how was it??
    Mike
  5. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry I couldn't make it for this...
  6. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    OK- sorry I have been swamped and havent had a chance to post this.... this is a funny story - had a friggin blast! I think this is the best time I have ever had marching!

Everything went well! I have to say it was a small parade and there were only a few of us but we had the best time! I really want to thank the promotor for having us out there and accommadating us on the float like she did! WOW!

Ok, so we get there just Yoda,vader and anakin. The float arrives and they had less people on their end show up in costume than had hoped. She had extra costumes so we managed to con a person from the group in front of us to wear an ewok costume LOL

so... on the float we had yoda, Anakin, Ewok, Cousin it, and a wizard of Oz character (sorry racking my brain for the name)
    Marching on the side of the float was Vader.
    Marching in the front carrying the banner was an oompa loompa and the wicked witch.
    I must say their costumes we very impressive! WOW!

So we are marching along .... yadda yadda yadda,, everything is going great! wonderful weather.. tons of kids...... tossing coloring books and flyers to kids....... perfect!

then.... vaders costume decided to jazz up the show a bit. So Im walking along and out of nowhere my vader cape falls off.I grabbed it and since I cant see beans out of my helmet I ran to the nearest person in the crowd... (some guy) and as I run up to him he had the funniest look on his face- of course he had no idea what the heck vader was doing running straight at him..... I get right up to his face and say hey can you help me with this cape? He laughs and says - OMG vaders a chick! LOL
    So he helps me with my cape and of course the float is already looooong gone on its way and vader is left out in the dust LOL So I finally catch up to the float....sucking wind no doubt and my fan in my helmet decides to take a crap. So Im sweating like crazy, but there are tons of kids, we are all having a blast... no big deal LOL

Well, float stops.... so I stop and literally a swarm of kids come out to the road and surround me. Well someone stepped on that good old reliable cape and guess what happens?!?!?!? Yep... this time it drops completely to my ankles. LOLOLOL
    This time It was dead silent... I could only imagine peoples faces, jaws on the floor. LOL After a few seconds of akward silence some little kid yells... Vader is naked!

(now we all know I wasnt naked, but because you could see a jumpsuit and all my straps from my equipment LOL I can see where he would be confused?)

So after scarring a few kids for life on their perception of vader... I grabbed my cape once again and ran to the float. This time I managed to fix the cape my self.

WOW I know it sounds crazy but we all had a great time, kids had a great time, the crowd really enjoyed us there.

I didnt realise that after losing 20 lbs that my costume would fit that differently but it did LOL Needless to say I think I may have to retire from wearing vader in parades LOL

so, I hope the story made sense and made everyone laugh as much as we all did afterwards. We had a blast. We brushed it off and kept going and it was fun.

The best part of the day is the Float we were on won Most Creative Float. That is awesome! The promotor called screaming into my cell phone she was so excited ! LOL
    Im glad we could be a part of this and make her day :)

vhit the hot tub..... let me tell ya my feetsies needed it! LOL We stayed up till I cant remember playing cards. Was a great weekend overall. Everyone woke up sunday and we hung out all day again. :)

Thanks to everyone who participated ! I had a blast!
    Looking forward to the 4th of July one! Whooot!
  7. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
  8. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    figured a fellow Vader would appreciate that one ;) LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.