main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ciena Ree and Luke Skywalker

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DARTH_MU, Jun 18, 2017.

1. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    I should really start a (KOSC): Keep Our Skywalker Celibate thread. Frequent updates on potential threats to his chastity, as well as speculation about which potential mates might turn out to actually be his long-lost-sister/other close relative.

The people demand it!

Edit: Or, wait, is SOSFX: Save Our Skywalker From Sex a better thread name? I need help here, guys.

Another Edit: Okay...what about SOSFXVC: Save Our Skywalker From Sex Via Celibacy? Kind of keeps the good points of both names. We could also think about starting a Twitter account.

2. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    But I want Luke to have sex. So much sex. Tantric, Force-assisted Sting-like sex that lasts for a year.
    Just no meaningful relationships.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

3. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Skywalker, Luke Skywalker.

Darthduck
    In all seriousness, I don't want Luke to be a pl y boy. He need a serious relationship. I'm afraid of this 25 to 1 kid book to one adult novel situation disney have going on, it'll be too late for Luke.

Versus having Luke pl y boy, I would rather have him celibate. Hey maybe if someone were ultra strong in the Force, they can't have kids?

4. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    Why does he need a serious relationship? Not everyone needs one of those.

comradepitrovsky and DelRiego like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Strong in the Force equals infertility" didn't exactly work for Anakin.

I'm a Rey Skywalker theory fan, and as such I want Luke to have a relationship that results in Rey at some point. That said, I think somewhere between "playboy" and "mates for life with one person" is best. He could have had a couple of relationships that were long term but not forever.

And I'm all in favor of Luke being bi.

6. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm a fan of lifelong bachelor, with the occasional fling, but more committed to the Force.

A true Jedi, without being forced to follow chastity

7. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    And if CaptainPeabody is creating his "Keep or Skywalker Celibate" thread, can we create a "Sex for our Skywalker" thread? :p

CaptainPeabody likes this.
  8. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003

That sounds very reasonable.

9. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Is it me, or have the lit. boards become really bland and boring lately (last month or so)...really struggling to explore interesting topics. Like, pre-Disney buyout boring--those last 2 or 3 years before the buyout were some pretty bleak years around here, or so it seemed to me.

Shipping theory threads? Oy.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

Daneira, DelRiego, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  10. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Yeah, I was just thinking about this earlier today. Contrasting ten years ago to now. Back then there would be people dissecting every little detail from pre-release dramatis personaes and DH previews to theorize just what would happen next in the Legacy era. Now the most interesting thing here is people refusing against all evidence to believe that Aphra is supposed to be an Asian. Which really says more about the sorts of people these boards attract than anything about the Star Wars products themselves.

I think it's a mix of a lot fewer books coming out, and those products that do come out play everything way safer and far smaller scope than pre-buyout.

LelalMekha and comradepitrovsky like this.
  11. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I miss pre-1999, when Jedi had relationships and attachments.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    What else is there to talk about?
    All our none big three favourite characters or concepts are no more.
    adult novels are few and nothing interesting happening. Should we discuss kid cartoon shows in lit? what about little princess books that caters to 3 years olds?
    The books we do have are a trilogy about how rebels kicked empire butt (but we already knows that because it was the whole point of ROTJ. Empire was already defeated. Then soon we will getting a book about a traitor (phasma)....

13. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Honestly, while I doubt it would ever ever happen, I wouldn't be adverse to this crack pairing. Certainly, I think it makes more sense than Luke and Aphra (barring the fact they've actually met). Ciena in addition to being confirmably attracted to dudes is a person who comes from a rural farm environment, has a strong sense of loyalty, believes in the Force, and also is a magnificent pilot. There's a source for drama in the fact that Luke killed one of her friends on the Death Star, too, plus is also a wide-eyed idealist like her but believes in forgiveness. Ciena hearing that even Darth Vader could be forgiven by the Force would be a cool moment.

Thane, of course, would either have to be dead or having rejected Ciena for this to happen.

Honestly, even without a romance, it would be a good story to have those two involved in.

Marty, if you have a Kindle, I will BUY you a copy of Lost Stars. Just PM me your e-mail. I actually would be interested in your take on the book.

Jedi Ben and Axrendale like this.
  14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Im guessing that was sarcasm

Anyways im all for seeing Luke pull out his saber some more post-RoTJ in fighting baddies and hopefully Kylo Ren in TLJ, but Im sure practically all of us agree that he shouldn't use his 2nd blade for sex addiction. If he isn't going to develop any romance at all, then he should keep to the V road, a path that many great Jedi before him took.

15. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    Thanks Charlemagne, I just got it 5 minutes ago to my kindle app. Need to download the thing into the machine.

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  16. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    I'll be honest, I actually really want someone to dig into the new wave of books aimed for first-time readers. There's a little golden book entitled "I'm a Stormtrooper" that is A) Jello-worthy, and B) very worrisome.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    lol ten years ago I was thinking the board had gone way downhill from the glory days of the early NJO

That said, I think it might be less fewer releases and more all the releases being concentrated at once. With things like Force Friday and other release dates being coordinated, we'll get a burst of content and then a drought.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    It definitely seems like we are in a bit of a drought at the moment. I imagine things will pick up in the fall when we have more Rebels, trailers and books leading up to the new film and such.

I am looking forward to those short animations aren't they supposed to be this summer?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    what if someone wrote a trilogy in which Empire kicked NR butt?

20. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    No, not sarcasm.

I'm not advocating sex addiction, I'm just advocating, um, a sex-positive Luke, I guess? An option between romance, well, long-term romance and the "V road."

Side question: how'd the V road work out for the Jedi of old? They're dead and the closest thing they had to a contingency plan hinged on the results of Jedi-sex.

Side side question: was Luke a virgin in ANH?

21. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    He was nicknamed Wormie. I doubt he was sleeping with lots of girls.

22. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Ahem,

Luke Skywalker is a character who was awkward and un-cool back on Tatooine. Biggs was the cool one and he was the youngest of the group he ran with. It's why he was so smitten with Princess Leia and the promise of building a better tomorrow. Certainly, he doesn't have a steady girlfriend or any sign of a relationship on Tatooine. The thing about Luke Skywalker, though, is he's developing into a swashbuckling Pulp hero. From the period of ANH to ESB, he's moved from being a dorky guy who is naive and wide-eyed at everything to a seasoned veterna soldier. He's not a JEDI but he's a person who is easily able to save the day and developed a lot more confidence. He's become brash instead of dorky and a little bit arrogant.

It's only by ROTJ, he becomes mature and grounded. I mean, he's literally the most famous Heroes' Journey on the planet.

What does this have to do with romance? I think Luke is a fundamentally romantic character. Han Solo can't do any sort of hook-ups (despite having a wide-history of them in the past by implication) because he's in love with Leia and has been for the entire time they've been together. Luke by contrast is someone who is very prone to falling in love. He falls in love with a PICTURE of Leia of all things and I have no doubt he could very easily develop a large number of crushes. It's just being part of the Rebellion means that he will never be able to have a steady relationship unless he somehow begins a relationship with Evaan Verlaine.

Which is unlikely since she's now Queen of Alderaan.

23. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    "NO woman will ever get to me again. Ever!" --Han Solo to Bria Tharen Rebel Dawn

Han betrayed Bria!

24. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    While the Jedi Order was against romance, maybe some weren't virgins. Possibly very ancient Jedi had different rules.

While they did die out, at least this from of the Order lasted for 1000 yrs, before a young man who hates tuskens and sand decided to have jedi sex.

I wonder how romance/sex is going to be dealt with in Lukes Academy.

25. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    it was obviously okay because Corran had Valin and Jysella. in the old EU
    In the new EU, whatever policy he had didn't work, it sucked. Either Ben Solo turned into Kylo Ren because one of Luke's padawans turned him down. or he couldn't take abstinence.