main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI CII funny photo captions

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by FearAndBullets, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    [image=http://r2detroit.com/images/36.jpg]

Kenny Baker: "...and this guy just grabs Kenny Rogers and stuffs him in his trunk and he peeled out laughing all the way. There wasn't much I could do...but I did notice he had Michigan plates..."

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I have GOT to tell this story.Saturday night,after the concert,Mirax,SwordChick,her mom,and myself were leaving the ICC when who do we see standing out in front of the building?Yep,you guessed it:Kenny Baker.We were laughing our a---- off.SwordChick yells,"GET THE VAN!"

We were gonna try to see if he would take a photo with us,but there were people around him,and we didn't want to bother him,but it was so damn funny.There he was,right there in the street,as if fate were dropping him into our hands and saying,`here,take him,put him in your backpack and run like Luke on Dagobah':)

(cut to a shot of Idgie with Kenny Baker in his backpack running down Capitol Avenue.There is an overturned garbage can lying in the street.Idgie does a front flip over the trash can and keeps running)

Anyway Mirax and SwordChick,after I left you all and was walking back to my hotel,he was still standing out there,so I did manage to take a photo.I hope it turns out good.:)

3. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Sweet! Bring the pic to the next meeting if it turns out. You ditched Mirax and me just so you could go track down Kenney Baker, didn't you? Hmmm, wondered why you were walking so fast. ;)

4. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Hey,I could have used a little help you know,little-ms-bounty-hunter:)

5. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Hey, I'm a bounty hunter (or at least I was) - if you wanted help you were going to have to pay first, Mr. I-drive-like-Anakin. ;)

6. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Let me guess...10,000,all in advance,right? :)

7. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    And 15,000 once you get there! :D

8. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    Hey, did everyone get there shirts? Also, did you guys even wear them...and if so, did you get any inquiries based on them or the fliers? I'm just doing my own little marketing survey.

9. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I had a lot of people call our shirts "cute" and had one guy take a picture of it (front and back).

While I was at the FF table, I only got 1 person to take our flyer...and I know Bria (from Minnesota?) took one because she thought it was cute.

Other than that...I don't know how things went on Sunday (I went back and took 3/4 of the stack with me so I could drop them off later this week, I hope, at my comic shop).

10. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    so everyone got there shirts except scooby?

11. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Yep...he'll have his on Saturday (as per his request).

12. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    cool...thanks for your help...

13. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    On Saturday I had 4 or 5 people ask me were I got my shirt because they wanted one for them self's. So I told them that they were for our fan force club. Good job Fear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.