main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CIII Autographs Opinion...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Drunken_Ewok, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drunken_Ewok

Drunken_Ewok Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2004
    This is my first Celebration and I cannot wait. Now, for you Celebration veterns, are there any particular stars slated for CIII that you would recommend getting autographs from? Like, who's a just a cool person to talk to? Any fun experiences? Just wonderin...

PS: I'm anything but a frequent person on the board but it would be awesome to meet some of you guys at cIII.

37 more days to CIII, mwahahaha!

2. BADKARMAJMC333

BADKARMAJMC333 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    I've met alot of orignal cast and some of the new . But the ones that stick out in my mind are.............

Jeremy Bulloch - Boba Fett
    Peter Mayhew - Chewbacca
    Ray Park - Darth Mual
    Kenny Backer - R2-D2
    Warwick Davis - Wicket
    Leeanna Walsman - Zam Wesell

3. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Definitely get Ray Park's autograph. He is awesome to his fans! :)

4. Drunken_Ewok

Drunken_Ewok Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2004
    Thanks for the feedback!

5. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I have always had great experiences meeting/getting autographs from/getting my picture taken with STAR WARS people. Actors/actresses/authors/artist/however they're related to STAR WARS, they have all always been nice, friendly, accomadating and a great joy to meet. :) :cool:

I say go and have fun. It is quite an experience meeting/getting autographs from/getting pictures taken with STAR WARS people. :) :cool:

STAR WARS CELEBRATION III is getting closer! [face_dancing]

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Amy Allen (Aayla Secura) is one of the nicest, most personable and professional people you will ever meet. Don't miss getting a chance to talk to her. Other stand-outs are:

Jeremy Bulloch
    Peter Mayhew
    Ray Park
    Ken Colley (if he goes)
    Michael Sheard
    Michonne Bourriague

That's a good bunch to start with at any rate!

7. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Jeremy Bulloch, Ray Park and Warwick Davies are the nicest people. You should meet them.
    The ones I want the most (of those who go to conventions) are Carrie Fisher (Leia) and Kenneth Colley (Piett). If neither of them goes, I will be very put out.

8. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I've gotten me autographs from Dave Prowse on two occasions and gotten my picture taken with him both times. The second time he was very talkative and asked who was taking the picture and I told him that the person taking the picture is my Wife and he gave a sincere, flattering remark concerning my Wife. (He's not the only STAR WARS person to do so.) He also shook hands with her and may have asked her name. He is very nice, very gracious, very giving. :cool:

When I got my autograph from Ray Park he shook my hand twice, asked my name, let me get a picture taken of he and I and I surprised my Wife and asked him if he would take a picture with her and he did and, if I remember correctly, he also shook her hand and may have asked her name. Very nice, very accomadating. Another great guy. :cool:

When I go to signings of STAR WARS people my Wife films the autographing and takes a picture of me with the STAR WARS person. My Wife is the best. [face_love]

9. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Myself and a couple of other FF members got to meet Orli Shoshan (Shaak Ti) a few months ago when she was signing at my local comic shop.
    There wasn't a huge turnout for her, so we got to chat with her for like 20-30 minutes. She was super nice.
    I met David Prowse at C2 and he was very grumpy while I was there. *shrug*
    Ray Park is great, very chatty and accomodating. Amy & Michonne are very good too. Really, I haven't met too many of the stars that aren't nice, some are just super nice :)

10. kenobi7777

kenobi7777 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2003
    i'm all about getting greedo's autograph!! :)

11. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Not to take anything away from the other star wars hotties, but Orli Shoshan has to have the sexiest accent I have ever heard!

The Jensen brothers, Zach and Jesse, are a riot. Seriosuly, these guys are two of the most down to earth, personable people I have ever met.

12. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Peter Mayhew and his wife are fantastic. I had the opportunity to eat at an Outback with them, and hang out for quite a while, and have a few beers with them. Super, super nice folks. Toss Jeremy Bulloch, Michael Sheirdan, and a few others, and it was a riot.

13. Jabba-The-Fett

Jabba-The-Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    I think that Rena Owen is the best. I have gotten her autograph in the past and she was the best!

14. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    Amy Allen....

Geek Dream Girl.

How could you not love her? She had a blue belly button in 2 movies for crying out loud! Just adorable.

I think I just got the vapors!

Doc

15. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Rena Owen Rocks! I cant say much more. If you have never seen "Once We Were Warriors" turn off your computer and go rent it. I fell in love with her after seeing this flick. I talked to her at Wizard World Chicago last summer for like a half an hour. She is an extremely intelligent and deep thinker, she is just an amazing woman. I am so psyched to see her again!

16. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Looking for advice, help, opinion and input.

I've never been an autograph type before but all the hype is getting to me and now I'm considering it. So last night I go through and make an autograph list for myself - what I might want to get. Quite a few big names, but some small ones too. In the end I come up with 15 autographs, and after I price it out with photos it comes out to $325.

I really don't know what to think about that. I ask myself, is $325 worth having 15 people's autograph? Sheesh - I don't know... If I get them all personalised that would be super cool, but that also makes them virtually worthless for resale. I'm not buying them to make a profit, but it would be nice for them to have some financial value as well as sentimental - especially if I'm coughing up over $300. (and as a toy collector it's hard for me to overlook that I could buy a pretty nice 12 back for $300).

Anyway, I know it's all personal opinion, but I'm wondering what others think. Is anyone else shelling out big bucks for autographs, or have they in the past - and how was the experience? Personally, do you think $325 for 15 signatures is a good deal or a waste of money?

17. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I've never been an autograph type before but all the hype is getting to me and now I'm considering it.

I've never been an autograph collector but do have other collections. It's very easy to get caught up in the enthusiasm. We want what we see others getting. You need to step back and decide if that is the direction you want your hobby to move. If it is, C3 will be a great time to start your collection.

I only collect what I like. If it gives me satisfaction and I think it's worth what I have to pay for it then it doesn't matter to me if it will have $ value in 10 years. Autographs don't do it for me but I know lots of people out there love them and think they're special.

The kicker is, I'm volunteering for 2 shifts at officialpix. I get the free autographs for working and I don't collect them. My son will decide if he wants any and then I plan to give the others to young fans I see who want them but can't talk mom & dad into the expense.

18. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    That would be too much for me. I think about what value an autograph is going to have to me, besides the resell value.
    Meeting the celeb is a big part of it. The significance of the character is another.

19. brokenyolk

May 10, 2002
    Thanks guys. I really think the idea of autographs is pretty cool, but I also do have a fairly extensive toy collection that could use my attention (and money). That's why I'm questioning getting into it.

My main issue is I'm an obssessive/completist type of collector. Once I start something I focus on finishing it. I know if I get into autographs I'll find myself paying $130 online for Christopher Lee's signature in the near future.

The smart approach would be to limit myself to a reasonable budget (maybe $100) and just get some signatures for fun.

Kind of like a normal sane person would do...:D

20. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I'm not really a big autograph collector either. Its does get to be a cool hobby but I'm much more interested in just certain celebs for CIII: Amy Allen(I've been a big fan of Aayla Secura's comic book adventures), Orli Soshan(one of my favorite models), Ray Park(for my friend who is a big Darth Maul fan), and possibly Tem(I'm a fan of Republic Commando, Jango Fett, Clones) The signed items would be priceless for me and I would be hard pressed to even part with any of them.

Honestly, as an aspiring artist, I'm much more "fanboy-excited" to meet the artists behind the SW comics and other SW illustrations.

EDIT: At the 2002 San Diego ComicCon, getting Jeremey Bulloch's sig on my selected pic was the first SW autograph I ever got. Very cool gentleman. Amy Allen's was my second. She was still pretty new to the whole Con thing so she was great to meet with. Now, she pretty busy these days...

21. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    Hey, brokenyolk, you could always get some of your figures autographed. That way you don't have to take up precious wall space with pictures ;)

22. GA_Jedi

GA_Jedi Jedi Master

Mar 25, 2005
    I, too, met David Prowse at CII, just before and just after one of the Q&A sessions. He was a bit "grumpy", but that may have been due to he treatment he was enduring, and about to endure, for his legs.

My favorite to meet, though, has to be Anthony Daniels! That guy is not afraid to walk up to anyone and start chatting! I remember standing in line Saturday morning on the skywalk waiting to get in. There were about 300 in line having a general great time. 30 minutes before the doors were to open for Fan Club memebers, we hear a holler from the back, "What are we all waiting for?"

He spends the next 25 minutes meandering through the crowd, chatting, taking pictures, signing things, and generally being a great guy. He gets to the door with 5 minutes to go, and guess what? He heads down to the street, and just wanders around the center stopping to chat with people in line outside, too!

Way cool fellow!

23. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Its a shame Daniels wont be there. :(

24. brokenyolk

May 10, 2002
    Hey, brokenyolk, you could always get some of your figures autographed. That way you don't have to take up precious wall space with pictures

But...my toys! My precious, precious toys!!!

Hey - anyone out there planning on going all out and buying the full officialpix picture set? If you are and you're looking to unload some extra photos drop me a PM or email - or make a post here. I'm sure lots of people on these boards would be interested in buying discounted extra photos.

Who knows...maybe we could get a little pool together and buy a set to split up? Just a thought...

25. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    For me, I'm going to buy 11 coupons and spend them on:

Billy Dee Williams (3 coupons) Star Wars Tales: Lando comic book collection

Garrick Hagon (1 coupon) Star Wars: Empire Vol 2 comic book collection

Kenny Baker (2 coupons) R2-D2 Episode 1 Pepsi can

Jerome Blake (1 coupon) Rune Haako Episode 1 Pepsi can

Ralph Brown (2 coupons) Ric Olie Episode 1 Pepsi can

Ray Park (2 coupons) Darth Maul Episode 1 Pepsi can

Those are definite purchases. Other guests I'd like to meet and perhaps get autographs from are:

Amy Allen-cause she's so fricken hot!

Jeremy Bulloch

Sean Crawford

The Jensen brothers

Richard LeParmentier-I want to see him do the force choke thing that he apparently did on the set of his own free will!

Peter Mayhew

Danial Logan

Temeura Morrison

Rena Owen-hottest voice in SW history

Dave Prowse

Tim Rose-I definitely want to meet this dude and I'll probably buy an extra ticket for an autograph. I want to hear the voice!

Michael Sheard

Femi Taylor

Simon Willaimson

Matt Wood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.