main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA CIII info! and now COUNTDOWN THREAD!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Rebelscum.com has a link posted to three PDF's that show the tentative exhibit hall as well as the guidelines for exhibitors.

There's a lot to read so I'll leave you to do that. To much for me to type.

here's the link:

http://www.kennertoys.com/stuff/c3/

2. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Possible cost for Con tickets could range from $90-105 for a 4 day pass. This is also tentative, but we should no in about a week.

They (GenCon and LFL) are not considering group requests or pre-booking, per an e-mail I recieved from Mary Franklin. (There's more but I will let you know in person as opposed to posting the specifics here at the meeting at Tina and Stacie's)

-Sal

3. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    They seemed to have changed the page at kenner.com as all I see is a link to the starwarscelebration.com page.

So does this mean we're on our own for hotel rooms or is the FanForce block still in the works.

~Doc_Bev

4. gbonkers

gbonkers Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2004
    Do you know when and where the tickets are available?

5. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Nikki (Doc_Bev), yes it means we are on our own.

Everyone, keep checking the official SW site and the GenCon site for celebration for info, and especially you Hyperspace members (that's me too). Thye say that the rooms and badges (Convention tickets/passes) will be on sale sometime this month. Stay glued to these sites as it could happen anytime now. I really thought it would be tonight because of the release of the DVDs, Battlefront and the fact that many were getting their copy of the latest issue of the Star Wars Insider delivered to them today.

As soon as you see that the rooms are available, please post it here.

Thanks, and everyone be ready to sign up quick. We are considering the Marriott first then the Hyatt, but the ultimate decision is yours as to which hotel you specifically want to stay at.

-Sal

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I just check with the Marriott that we are staying at for details on parking. They charge $17 for self parking or $21 for valet. That's PER DAY. You would receive a pass that allows to come and go so no need to pay twice or more. once you pay for the day you're good for the day.

One problem is that their parking is open to the public. They do not guarantee parking spaces for guests with rooms.

I'm thinking we may want to drop off our stuff at the hotel, then drive to a cheaper parking facility. (figure that we will be arriving on Wednesday and leaving Monday-they count that as SIX days. At the "self" parking rate that comes to an extra $102! I sure as heck am not paying for that. I'll be looking for something cheaper. I don't suspect we'll need our vehicles all that much anyway during the con, so no reason to park it right there.

Once I find some alternatives to parking, I'll post them for everyone to review. Those who are riding with others should keep this in mind as well and help out your driver with parking expenses.

-Sal

[EDIT] Ok, I just checked parking for the Airport and from April 20-25 it would cost just under $30. That's ALOT better than $102. This is just the first option but it may be a good one. I'll keep checking and anyone else who's riding/driving, please feel free to help out by looking up parking facilities and the cost associated with them[End EDIT]

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    If I find a roundtrip flight for under $100 I just might fly there instead and take some sort of shuttle into town.

8. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I got my Christmas bonus this past weekend so I ordered my CIII ticket!

9. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    CIII is now only 19 weeks (133 days) away as of this writing!!!

Whoo-hoo, it will be here before you know it!

-Sal

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Next week might bring some super cheap airline ticket prices. Right now the cheapest flight to Indy during CIII is ~$140 roundtrip. Considering that gas would cost at least $50 roundtrip I might book a flight if it goes down to $100 or cheaper.

11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Fluke if you find somethign relitivley cheap flight wise let me know. It looks like I might be going by myself now and I don't want to drive out there by myself.

12. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm planning on flying out Weds night. Be nice to have some company on the flight :)

I've been a little wary of buying my ticket, yet. I'm worried that US Air will go bankrupt, then what would happen to my flight???????? Am I just being overly paraniod in waiting until closer to the date to buy my ticket (like in early March)

13. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    If Ginger ends up not going would it be possible to stay in someone elses room to save money? Like I said before I can pay the fee for canceling my reservation. Either that or some one could share my room with me?

14. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Sounds fine to me.

15. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    you could stay in our room I don't see a problem

16. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Yeah Terry if you go in with the "guys" room that would make: You, Josh, Dan and my buddy Joby as the room's occupants. That's not to bad then split 4 ways.

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    By the way, I call the couch if the room has one :)

18. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    16 Weeks (or 112 days) to go!

It's getting ever closer.

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    14 Weeks and 2 days (or) 100 days to go!!!

Whoo-hoo. tomorrow we go down to just double digits waiting for C3!

Are you getting excited???

I know I am.

20. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Some Flights leaving on Thursday or Wednesday and returning Monday are down to $121 roundtrip. Wednesday to Sunday are $140. Will keep everyone posted.

Waiting patiently for the right flight to come along... It always does!

greencat, are you limited to only using US Airways?

21. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, don't forget that SouthWest Airlines has just moved in. They might be worth checking out.

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    84 days til C3! (or 12 weeks if you're so inclined)

Whoo-hoo! It's getting ever closer!!!

Is anyone else getting more and more excited as C3 and the movie approaches?

This is it folks, the last big hurrah for us as fans. Let's get amped!

-Sal

23. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    80 days!
    Getting ever closer...

24. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    erp! i must start my Barriss cloak...such a slacker, i have had the material since....Thanksgiving...

25. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Yep, you read the title right. If you join the e-mail list at the link below and are accepted as a volunteer (you must be at least 18 by C3), and work at least 2-4hour shifts, you will receive free photos signed by the stars.

I'm going to do this. I wasn't into the autograph thing, but hey this is only 8 hours of a total of 40+ hours of convention. Besides, who knows, i may get lucky enough to hobnob with the stars.

If you're interested, click on through:

http://www.officialpix.com/c3-volunteer.asp

-Sal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.