CIII info! and now COUNTDOWN THREAD!

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by jedi_master_sal, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Zero as of right now, we are the most "easterly" chapter involved. I've contacted Columbus, Cleveland, Rochester, and WV today about this and am awaiting responses.

They've known about it for sometime, so now that the time is getting ever closer, I've restarted dialog about it, so we can plan this accordingly.

Yikes, where'd you find out about the Hotel tax from Dan? Man that's another $90! Well, heck, I'm made of money....yeah right...

[Edit] Just wanted to interject something here about the Caravan thing. My suggestion is not the be all, end all. If you can't leave at that time, make a suggestion yourselves and preferably why (as I outlined in my suggestion). Don't count yourselves out of this because of my suggestion.[End Edit]
  2. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anyone found any more information on parking alternatives, speaking of added expenses?
  3. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    One thing I've heard other people doing is parking a few blocks away at the cheaper hotels. The further you go out the cheaper it gets, but the more inconvenient it is.
  4. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    I've got word from Rochester that they are in for the Caravan. They will meet us in Columbus. Along the way they are hoping to pick up folks from Buffalo and Cleveland for the Caravan.

WV's FF has posted that they will participate in the Caravan as well!

So, this is shaping up to be a fun little adventure on the way out there to Indy.

-Sal

5. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Hi guys! //waves\\ I got a call from Dan last night about hotels and stuff. I don't have the internet at home right now(had to stop in a internet cafe to post this). Could someone please call me tonight to get everything straight? 412.628-4946.
  6. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice chattin' with you Terry.

(I called tery and gave him Zero's number)

Zero, if you dno't ge a call from him shortly, give him a buzz.

He's bringing Ginger, so they will need the room.

That leaves Dan and Josh as the only fellas in the guys room, proving my buddy Joby doesn't come.

-Sal
  7. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, so if it's just Josh and me I think it will be a bit unfair and expensive for us to split the room cost between just the two of us. I propose some of these options:

1. Divide the cost of all three non-private rooms between everyone in them equally.

OR

2. Josh and me can room in one of the other two.
  8. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There might be another option...
    I know of at least 1 guy (Reaper Echo Base/Rebel Legion) who is looking for a new roommate as his had to cancel.

~Doc_Bev
  9. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    wooohooo! i got my badge and everything today! yay! i am now very happy!
  10. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    I just received my C3 Badge, Lanyard, Vader topper and 4 Family/Friends passes. Em got her 4-day pass a couple of days ago.

Whew, that's a load off my mind.

So, everyone keep your eyes peeled. Your stuff should be arriving anyday now.

On another note, regarding the Caravan...
    Since it looks like it's only going to be two vehicles from here I'd like to propose to Zero that we change the meeting place.
    We have no need to look for people further East than us. Em and I are further West than you Zero, so we'd be backtracking. We would have been willing to meet in Monroeville had there been more participation, but since there isn't, it would help us a little to change the meeting place.

My proposal is that we meet at the McDonald's just off I79 at the Bridgeville exit. There's a gas station right around the corner. Instead of meeting at 5, push it back to 5:30. (This is about the same time we would have been rolling by there anyway.) This will save Em and I some gas, and as stated the trip goes by there anyway.

This doesn't mean we have to change the April meeting, just the starting place and time for the Caravan to C3.

So what do you think Zero? The directions to get there are simple from Penn Hills. (I'm assuming you'd pick up the twins and Bart there) Take 376W to 279S to 79S to the Bridgeville exit. After that it's even easier, as we'd get back onto 79S, then 70W to Columbus, then continue on 70W right into Indy.

One week til the official ROTS toy release!
    27 Days til C3
    54 days til the Premiere of ROTS!

-Sal
  11. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Here are the cost breakdowns for the hotel rooms with 12% Peyton Manning tax included.

Each room is $169.12 per night, or $845.60 per room for five nights. If it's just me and Josh paying for our room then it will cost us over $422 each. However, if we split the cost with the other two rooms then it will break down like this:

9 people total $281.87
    10 people total $253.68
    11 people total $230.62
    12 people total $211.40
    13 people total $195.14

Marriot also has a low rate gaurentee if anyone can look into it.

Also, assuming an average of 25 miles per gallon, gas will cost about $58 for a roundtrip for those who are driving.
    (360 miles / 25 MilesPerGallon) * $2 per gallon.

Yep, I know. I am a nerd.

I'll check on parking rates soon.
  12. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Keep in mind that some people are not staying five nights.

I'm only staying 3.
  13. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    The C3 schedule is up. Go here to view it:

http://www.starwars.com/community/c3_schedule.html

Now those of us volunteering can really plan when to and when not to volunteer!

-Sal
  14. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
    bart isn't coming anymore, it's a long story that isn't over yet...

on the issue of the caravan...I understand that it would be inconvenient for you to back track but as of right now the plan for me and stacie was to meet zero at the caravan place and leave my car there for my parents to pick up later that day. seeing as how i can't leave my car in bridgeville for my parents to pick up that would leave us a. without a ride or b.it severely inconvenience Zero causing him to drive all over the place early in the morning.

I will try to work something out and i'll get back to you on this we're open to ideas.

Zero if you're around try to give us a call, we'll try to get in touch with you sometime soon.
  15. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Two things.

1. What ^ said.

2. Is it bad that I haven't gotten my badge yet? Tina got hers last week. Gencon hates me! First they charged me twice for the stupid thing and now they don't want to give it to me! If it's not in the mail today I am so going to freak out!!!
  16. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Stacie... I didn't get mine either. :( Very distressing. You'd think after we dropped so much bucks on it, they'd want to give them to us.

Alas...

Sighs,
    Yours Truly
  17. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Tina, if your plan was to meet Zero at the Krispie Kreme anyway, go ahead and do that, then leave your car there as planned. Then, you all just drive on down to Bridgeville and meet us and we'll go from there.

It doesn't change your plans persay it just adds another short stop. And, I do mean short, basically once you get to us, we'd start the truck and go. No need to even get out of the vehicles.

Like I mentioned, meeting us in Bridgeville at 5:30 instead of 5 is about the same time we would have been rolling through there anyway.

Oh yes and:
    3 days til the official ROTS toy release!
    24 Days til C3
    52 days til the Premiere of ROTS!

-Sal
  18. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't have my badge yet either, although I didn't order it until December. But still, isn't that enough time to get their act together and get them mailed off?
  19. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Someone else that contacted the GenCon lady got this response:

"We are still working on the shipments. The rest of the shipments will go out throughout the week. Thanks!

Lindsay Ohman
    Registration & Customer Service Manager"

So... I imagine those badges will be coming along soon. Hopefully. :)

20. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
  21. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Switching down to two rooms I don't think is going to work.

I'd be willing to go with the plan of everyone just taking the cost of the three rooms and dividing them up. (I'll figure out something seperate for our Ohio roomies, that will be fair to them.)

To do that plan fair, however, we need to figure out exactly when everyone is staying. Not everyone is staying all five nights. I think Bonnie said she is only staying three nights.

Another possibility (if the Twins and Zero agree) is Zero switching to the guys's room and me switching to the Twins's room. That puts three people in the 'guys' room, three people in the Twin's room, and four people (Bonnie, Allie, Mary & her friend) in the 'girls' room.

Also, what is up with where Terry is staying. What about DocBev's friend? Could we ask around and see if anyone out there is still looking for roommates for CIII? Isn't there a CIII discussion board? Maybe a thread could be posted there . . .

I'm going to be there all five nights (Weds night through Sun night, leaving Mon morning)
  22. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think Reaper got help from some Denver friends. So, last I heard I think he's all set.

~Doc_Bev
  23. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Three things this time.

1. I GOT MY BADGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_dancing]

2. About the caravan, it wouldn't make anymore sense for Zero to pick us up at krispie kreme than it would in Penn Hills. Either way he'd be driving out of his way. I don't mind changing the place where we meet, but is there anywhere more centralized? Tina and I will be coming from PH, Zero will be coming from Gibsonia and then there's you Sal, so....yeah....whatever....or maybe Zero could just pick us somewhere that's not out of the way...I dunno, I have to call that boy!

and...

3. I'm cool with just splitting everything evenly between everyone if it comes to that. Right now I'm just content with having a room right now and for once don't really care about how much it costs. The only financial concern I really have is over the art show....yeah, I'm gonna be poor when this is all over....well, poorer....yay for the patheticness of me!!
  24. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Caravan note: Stacie, how about you and Tina meet Zero at Tina's place. She can just drop her car off there and make it easier on her parents and IIRC, that's at least a little closer for Zero. As far as meeting Em and I, the location I mentioned is right on the way and VERY easy to find as there's only the one exit for Bridgeville off I79.
  25. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Celebration at Celeration info.
    Click on through.
    http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2005/03/news20050329b.html

Hmm, so we get a Jazz ensemble. In the article they even mention that they'll play music "straight from the galaxy far, far away." Make a HUGE bet it's at least the two Cantina songs. Probably the SE Jabba's palace song.

HOPEFULLY "Lapti Nek" (Which IIRC was cut from the SE of ROTJ)

Meh, I could care less about the rock group. At the least I hope they'll play rock versions of some of the movie music.

(Huh, probably get a drum solo doing the FOX Fanfare)

Also, it looks like we'll get some cool exclusives there and can purchase other Celebration at Celebration exclusives.

(Just can't stop sucking the money out of us, ha ha)

-Sal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.