Pittsburgh, PA CIII info! and now COUNTDOWN THREAD!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

[face_dancing]

Got his CIII badge in the mail yesterday,
    Yours Truly

P.S. Anyone without theirs should get it pretty soon, too. :)
  2. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Is still impaitently waiting for his badge to arive.
  3. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Sal, the original problem that we had with your plan about the caravan was that zero would have to drive out of his way to pick us up in PH, so what you're suggesting now just puts us right back where we started. We were never planning on leaving from Indiana if that's what you were thinking. We don't have Tina's car here, it's already at her parents house. But anyway, I'm just concerned about zero having to drive out of his way. Here's a map to better illustrate what I mean.

How far from Bridgeville are you, Sal? Maybe there's a more centralized place that's still on the right roads.

Also, isn't anyone east of us joining the caravan? And do we know what rout we are taking? I'm just curious, I get kind of crazy about finalizing plans when I'm going on a trip so I'd just like to know what all is going on.
  4. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Without Em and I back tracking to much there may be another stop along I79 closer, but still away from PH.

Or...maybe you could meet us at the Waterfront that morning. That's still relatively along the way and is much closer than Bridgeville, plus it's only a little out of our (Mine and Em's) way.

As to the route it's VERY simple. I79S to I70W-straight on into Indy. I'll get the exact detailed directions for downtown Indy later, but I70 is the majority of the trip. Very straight and flat road. (We WON'T end up in Toledo...) ha ha.

(Yeah, I had, kind of, assumed you'd be coming from Indiana)

[Edit] Oh I forgot. Noone East of Pittsburgh is joining us for the Caravan. Rochester is meeting Cleveland, the WV group is headed straight for Columbus and then we will meet all three of those groups in Columbus. Strangely enough, I haven't heard from the Columbus CR in awhile.

I keep trying but do get any responses to my PMs or the thread on their boards. I'm probably going to try someone else in that group. We need to get a meeting place in Columbus locked down. That will be my assignment for the week. I shoudl have the complete traveling Itinerary ready to go by our meeting next weekend.[End Edit]

So does that work for yinz guys?
    -Sal
  5. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    ROTS Toys-9 hours!
    C3-19 days 13 hours
    Movie Premiere-47 days 9 hours 1 minute!
  6. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you for trying to be more accommodating, Sal. That could probably work, though I'll have to ask Tina as it's her car. I talked to Zero and he says that he's not all that concerned with it right now, so all is relatively well, I suppose.

Now I just have to continue tackling the hotel room thing...*sigh* I hate it when things like this get close, I suddenly become an obsessive compulsive planner!

Oh the joy of being me!

;)
  7. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey gang,
    We here at hte NJO want to organize a Get together at C3. I know there are events, parties, etc. but I thought it would be cool to meet and greet some of our NE mates. We are looking at Thursday night, perhaps for dinner. It is tentative, depending on everyone's interest.

Thoughts?

~DG~
  8. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    That would be nice. I haven't had the chance to meet you since I live too far away from the Burgh to meet you when you're in town.

I got my CIII badge over the weekend. Whew!
  9. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    CIII-17 days!
    ROTS premiere-44 days!!!

Things are getting tight now!
  10. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
  11. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Its almost here!! How exciting! I'm almost finished getting everything set up at work for my extended absence. Made the 'to pack' list. Just getting so geeked about this!
  12. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    Watch out for Chaos!:cool:
  13. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    C3-8 days!!!!
    Movie-36 days!

oooh so close!
  14. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, I'm getting directions for a stop in Columbus. If you are in the caravan, continue to watch this thread for directions and/or a link to the stop.

-Sal
  15. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoo-hoo!

Here's my info about the class I'm giving at C3:

http://www.ffurg.com/c3/c3_photo.htm

-Sal
  16. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Is there a time for this yet?
  17. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    You mean the class? Yes, Saturday at 1pm.
  18. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, all! Just checking in on the caravan directions.

The gang down here is all excited! 4 of us are going, plus we have a potential new member coming up to meet us from Charleston so she can follow us, as well as another fellow we know that we'll see when we get to Indiana.

Hard to believe one week from the time I'm posting this, we'll be in Indy! [face_dancing]
  19. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Gang,
    We have a 90% confirmed a 'hangout' event for Thursday night. Greencat and Ben Ethus have my cell, so give me a buzz on Thursday and well hang! It's probably gonna happen in the Omni Sevrin.

See you guys and gals there!!!

~DG~
  20. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
  21. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm reviewing three possible stopping points in Columbus at the moment. One of the folks on the Columbus boards was nice enough to send me this information. I should have this no later than Sunday, with directions, as well as the window graphic for the Caravan.

Just keep checking this thread for further developments.

-Sal
  22. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Sal, do we have a list of the caravan stops somewhere yet? Just curious.

Hey, this time next week we'll already be at CIII!!!

w00t!
  23. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Ha ha, did you read the post above? J/K

The only stop we will have (except for our starting point of course) is the Columbus stop. We will be meeting the WV, and hopefully the Cleveland and Rochestor folks there as well. After Columbus, it's straight on in to Indy!

I make mention of "hopefully" with regards to Cleveland and Rochestor as it appears they may be leaving a little later than us and may not arrive in Columbus until noon.

By my account of the trip, having us leave at 5:30 am should put us in Columbus around 8:30-9:30am. (That's about the time IIRC, that Cleveland and Rochestor FF's will be leaving the Cleveland area.

Not sure when the WV folks will be leaving, if they are meeting us or meeting with Cleveland and Rochestor.

Personally, I don't want to change our time leaving, as I haveto be in Indy as early as possible. (I'll be setting up the diorama booth) But, if you, Zero and Tina want to leave later and meet-up with the Cleveland and Rochestor, and possibly the WV groups, that's fine. It would mean Em and I wouldn't be a part of the Caravan, but that's okay. As much as I want to and have made the plans for it, I won't ask others to conform to my schedule. If you, Zero and Tina do decide to leave later, please let me know that as soon as possible, so that Em and I can make our traveling adjustments.

-Sal
  24. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, Sal, I skimmed it...

;)

Actually, I just thought there would be more stops. I dunno. I'm an idiot...*sigh* What can I say?

25. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Here it is folks, the directions for the Great C3 Caravan!

One cool bit of news too, one of the Columbus FF members (Chris Spears aka lazer310) will meet us at the stop on Wednesday to greet us! he will be meeting the Pittsburgh group at or close to 9:30 am. For those who may be coming later, contact lazer310 @ http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=239876 (his profile where you can PM him, if you want him to meet you as well.

From Pittsburgh:
    Leaving from the Waterfront, go to 376W to 279S to 79S to 70W
    We will be on 70W for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Take the 91B exit which is approx 2-3 west of Columbus.
    This exit road will bear to the right. Go two stops lights until we see Wal*Mart. This is our stop. There are plenty of gas stations and places to eat here as I'm told by Chris.

From Cleveland:
    71S to 270W to 70W to EXIT 91B
    This exit road will bear to the right. Go two stops lights until we see Wal*Mart. This is our stop. There are plenty of gas stations and places to eat here as I'm told by Chris.

From WV:
    Your choice where to start but I'm told by Chris (he had a relative in WV) to take:
    60N to 70W to EXIT 91B

This is to Columbus only (after that it's a straight shot to Indy.)

For those of us staying next to the Convention Center in one of the connected hotels, here is a link to Mapquest for a more detailed look at downtown Indy. Choose from here where you want to exit the freeway: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&formtype=address&searchtype=address&cat=&address=&city=Indianapolis&state=IN&zipcode=&searchtab=home

To avoid Indy traffic, it looks like the 79B exit off of 70W is the closest to the convention center.

Okay folks so make your plans!!!

-Sal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.