main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA CIII info! and now COUNTDOWN THREAD!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Sorry if I missed something on this board...any word on the infamous "SWAP Poker nights" and will there be a game @ C3???

Some of us in JKOC are looking for a game and chance to hang out with yunz!

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    There is someone on the CIII boards trying to organize a texas Hold Em tournament. If that doesn'w pan out then I will of course be game for a friendly game if anyone is interested.

3. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Hey Pittsburgh!! You guys up for dinner on Thursday night? Since getting into a restaurant is going to be nuts, we'll probably just have a hotel party and order food and whatnot. the NJO is staying at Omni Severin along with some of the Boston Rebels, Foxboro Syndicate, Rhode Squadron, and Dallas. If you guys would like to join us, you're more than welcome to :)

Here's our CIII thread:
    http://boards.theforce.net/New_Jersey/b10113/19044430/?35

I can't wait to meet you guys at CIII :)

4. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Bella... Gary also mentioned something about that. I definitely wouldn't mind popping over and meeting the crew. I reckon maybe I can give Gary a jingle at some point that Thursday to see what the scoop is, and then try to plan accordingly. :)

Hope to see you guys there,
    Yours Truly

5. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Fluke, if I can remember to bring the cards and chips, I'm in. Even if it's just a friendly game between just our group.

6. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Gathering together on Thursday evening sounds great!

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Is there a schedule of events listed anywhere? I checked starwarscelebration and if its there, I missed it.

A listing of what events are running, when and where. I would be nice to sit down and plan out what to see.

And Sal, I know you posted it else where, but when and where are you speaking?

8. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
  9. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Ben, give Gary a call on Thursday. We're also going to be meeting up on Wednesday evening when he and I get in. Does Gary have your phone number as well so we can give you a call?

10. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Thanks, Doc!

11. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Bella... I'm pretty certain that he does. I recall PM'ing it to him a whiles back when he came to Da Burgh one time. :)

See you guys soon,
    Yours Truly

12. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Fot those taking I-70, are there tolls for that road?

13. jangofett219

jangofett219 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    if we gather, where will we do it and when?

14. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Fluke, there are no tolls for the part of I70 that we are taking. (I planned for that. Don't want to cost anymore than need be.)

Jango219, we are meeting at the Getgo gas station at the Waterfront on Wednesday at 5:30AM. It is not a requirement that you meet us. So far there are only two cars fro PGH going at that time.

15. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    *sigh* change of plans again, basically, we are not flying 'cause my mom got sick and we could not make reservations for a plane, my mom and i are driving tomorrow afternoon, i geuss, details don't matter I am getting there and then i will see you all on Thursday, since i am staying with my uncle chris the first night, or...someone the first night, doesn't matter, what matters is where I will meet you guys on thursday and when

16. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Some final notes:

It is HIGHLY suggested that you do not bring ANY weapons/prop weapons. This includes but NOT limited to blasters and lightsabers.

I was going over the policy on the starwarscelebration website and it seems they will be a bit strict on this. Basically, everyone MUST go through this first before finally entering the convention. Some props/toy weapons will be allowed, but is up to GenCon's discretion.

So, I'm urging you that if you do not want your weapon, fake or otherwise, confiscated, do not bring it with you. You may have to turn it over to be picked up later or may be requested to leave the premises.

Also, DO NOT brandish your weapon. This is something else they seem very explicit on. In otherwords, don't pull out your saber as if to fight with it. Again, you may be asked to leave the premises WITHOUT a refund.

I had thought about bringing my lathed metal lightsaber, but am thinking twice because of this.

So don't take any chances. You wouldn't want to ruin your own experience at C3.

Just looking out for my homies...
    -Sal

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I am leaving tomorrow after work. If you would like a ride just let me know.

18. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Weapons policy is here:

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/displayswc.aspx?file=swc-weapons

Copy & paste if needed. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. I'm taking my sink drain/lightsaber. I don't see how anyone would have a problem as long as they don't bash anyone's head in with their toy weapon.

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm going to risk it :) I'm bringing both my lightsaber and my Padme blaster. If they won't let me in with these, I'll just walk them back to the hotel room.

20. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    *whistles*

These boards are going to be vewy vewy quiet. All the really crazy people have already left for CIII ha ha!

21. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

BonMothma... I'll be very curious to see how many posts are waiting for us upon our return being that the vast majority of us will be in Indiana. heh heh...

Can you say, "Ghost Town?" :p

Leaving in an hour,
    Yours Truly

22. jangofett219

May 2, 2003
    HAHAHHA! Im the only one who can post cause I have wireless at this high-class hotel in a SUITE that were only paying $120 per night!

23. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Oh no you're not, bub! :)
    There's wireless networks all over the place here...in hotel or not. Not that I would piggyback on someone's wi-fi network...*whistles innocently*

24. jangofett219

May 2, 2003
    OO fun wireless scavenger hunts.

25. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Hi all! I'm BACK!!

I made it home safe and sound. It took me about 8 hours altogether to get home. I made it a point to stop at least every couple of hours to break up the monotony of a very boring drive. I also drove slower because of the snow and darkness. There was quite a bit of snow some places, but the roads were pretty much just wet. I did see one car spun off the road. Must have done something stupid.

It will be interesing trying to get my schedule back to normal since I went to bed this morning about the time I ususlly get up.

All I did today was unpack because I'm tired of rumaging through suitcases.

Had a great time but right now I'm tired and I'm going back to bed!

Nighty night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.