main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL CIII Pass in Hand...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Wear both simultaneously. Contrary to logic, they won't fight.

2. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Weakly, and oddly enough....about 1 month and a half ago a friend of mine had to contact them on another matter and he found out that Gen-Con has 1, count em ONE person handling ALL the pre-registration issues and payments and everything that was done up till now. At the time it was taking her like over a week to respond to people's emails because she was the only person that was handling it all. Stupid on Gen-Con's part, if you ask me, to expect 1 person to handle the obvious deluge of emails, questions, and hassles that they knew would arise!

3. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]They wanna hire me, I'll do it.

Seriously though, that is stupid on their part, employeers are stupid like that and like to overwork their employees.[/color]

4. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Couldn't have said it better! That is way too much for one person to handle, no wonder people are having so many problems.

Stupid GenCon.

5. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    I got my pass yesterday in the mail with the cheap bungy string,the only thing is that i didn't get my fanclub lanyard because they said they couldn't verify me as a member.I emailed Lindsay so it should be all kool.

6. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    GenCon has NEVER done a good job running these things. I've never heard a good thing about them yet like moths trying to get at the light bulb we keep going and going. Each time smashing our heads against the glass bulb.

Kinda reminds me of SOE with Galaxies. Mountains of customer complaints about flawed core gameplay yet nothing is done.

Nice....

7. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Right...Lindsay will kindly direct you to the Fanclub table when you get to CIII. It'll be easily recongizable the one on the other end of the long-@$$ line of dorks with CIII Passes around their necks supported by a thin white elastic band.

If you email her again, she'll offer you a nice cup of ****.

Bosh

"Yo Lindsay, you know I just be trippin' on you...you my girl an all!"

8. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    You know, they don't even have a phone number to call if things got screwed up. You're left to waste the day in line with the common fools who did not have the foresight to purchase a badge that would be shipped to them beforehand.

That was a long sentence...

9. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Gah! Still no badge, and no response to my email.

~H~

10. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Likewise.

We didn't buy our badges earlier to wait in a will call line. This is POOR customer service.

11. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    I'd wait about a week for a response to your email that's how long it took her to get back to my friend. Of course, now I'm sure she's swamped with a few thousand of them since they ****ed up sooooo bad! Oh and since they pushed that whole pre-reg back to the 8th because of the GL announcement. The page now said if you haven't recieved it the 8th is the day you should start complaining, not the 6th.

But we all know cusotmer service to Gen-Con consists of them politely telling you where to stick it!

12. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Over in the C3 forum, some people seem to be getting responses the same day. I sent another one off tonight.

~H~

13. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Hey Heather if you find a phone number can you post it or PM me? I'll do the same. I've found a phone call is worth 100,000 emails.

14. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Hahaha, you just can't wait to begin the smiting with a little verbal abuse!!!

15. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Sorry no phone number, but I did receive my badge today. :D

~H~

16. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Everytime I deal with these people I get screwed over because of some stupid thing that they've done. I really want to give them a piece of my mind, not that I have much to spare mind you.

Still no pass. I've sent out another mail.

I want my giggles back.

17. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I'm guessing it's George Lucas' fault that you don't have your CIII pass, right goat? :p

18. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't own Gen-Con...yet.

19. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    AHA!! so this is what is wrong with Gen-Con customer service!

Hello Jason - I apologize, I am the only customer service person that
    works in our office. I have you in a queue of 326 emails to answer. I
    apologize, I'm working as fast as I can. Thanks.

Lindsay Ohman
    Registration & Customer Service Manager
    Sales & Marketing Coordinator
    Technical Services, Webmaster
    Gen Con LLC

Only 1 person!??!?! WTF

Realm is full....Position in Queue 326

20. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    That's nuts.

They are talking about this over in the CIII forum. One person is just not enough.

21. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    I've always questioned the intelligence of Gen-Con management but now I don't have to. They are infact morons.

*checks "Find out if Gen-Con management is really STUPID" off list of things to do before I die

22. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Hiring more than one person would mean they give a crap enough to spend an extra $15.00-$18.00 an hour for another customer service rep in the weeks before CIII. That's almost $2,000!!!
    Why waste that kind of money when Lindsay and a couple volunteers can answer your questions at the table at the convention for nothing (well, whatever Lindsay would be getting paid already).

Bosh

"Now as a special treat courtesy of our friends at the meat council, please help yourself to this tripe."

23. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    I feel bad for her. She is going to get a verbal whipping the likes of which have never been seen. Not from me but from the 326 people in the realm queue.

24. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Too bad you can't just create a new character in a different realm.

Bosh

25. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Wait... Lindsay is "Registration & Customer Service Manager" AND "Sales & Marketing Coordinator" AND "Technical Services, Webmaster" all at once?

I feel so much empathy and pity for this woman. :(

The fact that she was able to at least acknowledge your complaint and apologize for the delay speaks well of her personally. Too bad she works for a corporate monster like GenCon... I never had problems back in the day when I would go to GenCon, up in Milwaukee. They've changed, very much for the worse.

OTOH, I got my fan lanyard and badge awhile ago. *g,d,rlh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.