main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL CIII Pass in Hand...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    A couple of summers ago I went to the big GenCon event in Indy to grab 2 silver Fetts and see what the dealer room was like. It took me about 3.5 hours to drive down early on a Thursday morning. I spent the next 4.5 hours waiting in line to get in to the convention because everyone had to pick up their badge first.

Needless to say, everyone was pissed. We couldn't believe how badly organized the event was.

Sometime later I got an email from GenCon apologizing for how badly they had organized the distribution of badges. They offered a partial refund for the Saturday admission. I wrote them a scathing letter explaining that I had spent more time in line than I had in my car on the drive down. They did indeed give me $12 as well.

Clearly, GenCon has a history for poor organization . . . hearing about all these badge issues makes me nervous about CIII.

2. ANAKIN415

ANAKIN415 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    maybe it isnt such a bad idea of buying my pass when i get down to indy on wednesday

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I got my Pass/Badge last week

4. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    I had to write a letter to gen con today, they shorted me my exclusive 3 doller vader head, and shower that it shipped with my badges.

I wonder if I could start a class action law suit over this, mental anguish for not getting my eraser warmer, the bastards, I cant work or sleep knowing i cant get a full set of pencil toppers.

I think I am going to sue M and M's too, for making 178 variant packages.

And I am going to sue dex (breech of contract), just cause i can, and the corporate lawyers are bored right now

5. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I'm not sure if there are any legal pursuits that can be filed but I do know that my travel plans are going to be completely screwed up if they cannot resolve this.

6. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    Keep track of your time spent getting your pass, standing in line, etc. Then send Gencon LLC a bill for your time and mileage. Plus your internet costs, since they dont have a phone number for you to call.

I had to talk to our company lawyer today, i asked him about legal recourse, he joked and said to go straight to the source, since all of our mental anguish is actually caused by George lucas, just sue him. But of course HE WAS ONLY JOKING.

Although serving him papers in the middle of his panel would be worth a laugh. (and I actually like George)

Oh another thing i noticed in my c3 package was that I only got 1 friends and family pass, were we not supposed to get 4?

7. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Just heard back from Lindsay. She resent our passes. We should have them in a day or so. The waiting game continues...

8. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Hi,

well, I got my

4-Day Adult Badge,
    Fan Club Lanyard
    4 Friends and Family coupons
    (4984, 4983, 4982, 4981)
    Darth Vader 3-in-1 Topper
    a Rceceipt Confirmation
    and a letter from Linday Ohman
    lindsay@gencon.com

It was post mark,
    March 30 and I got it around April 07.

and the stamp was for 0.83 cents,
    (media rate?)

Hope this helps.

For me, it is barely in time as I leave
    town again tomorrow.

Now I can focus on the Wednesday night
    Chicago Force C3 dinner.

I know others are still having concerns,
    and so, am still hoping for them to get their
    stuff soon!

Ed

9. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    And she resent them to the old address!!!

ARGGGGG!!!!

10. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    And addressed to Jaysen Has, no doubt?

11. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    No it was screwed up because Gen-Con has some heirarchical account structure. You have a parent account and child accounts. All child accounts derive their shipping address from the parent account. None of which is confirmed when you place your order. It basically says, "Thanks for the cash, we'll ship it when we get time."

Why they can't just have standard shopping cart software like every other site is beyond me. The shopping cart motif is proven and it works. This bizarro system is confusing and archaic.

We're gonna swing by our old place and see if they have our stuff. Maybe we'll be able to scalp some badges if all goes well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.