main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CIII Rooms and booking info! Good news so far!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by jedi_master_sal, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Here are two updates as to the CIII room booking situation. Both are good!
    -----------
    For everyone's information:

The proposal has been sent to GenCon. I am awaiting their response.

We had a late push last Thursday (July 1) and our totals nearly doubled.

We have 34 chapters who have signed up, more than 100 rooms requested for, accounting for several hundred members from 5 countries.

The exact breakdown will be posted later as I have time.

Now we sit and wait for a response. If I do not receive one by Thursday, I will follow up then. It is important that we give them adequate time to respond back. We do not want to rush this to a point where they are offended and back away.

In the meantime keep your fingers crossed. At worst if they say no, we are in no worse position than we currently are in. Which is to say that when the rooms become available to the general public, we would have to fend for ourselves.

You will know, IMMEDIATELY upon me finding out ANY information regarding the proposal. It is my sincerest hope that we are able to come to an agreement with GenCon for the rooms, but were we not to succeed, at least and honest, earnest attempt has been made.

May the FORCE be with us in this,
    -Sal
    --------------
    Here's the second and even better update! The response!
    --------------
    Sweet mother of Anakin we have an initial response from GenCon and it's very promising!

Here is the response (the person's name sending it to me has been withheld) This in part so that they are not getting calls from everyone and their brother, hope you understand. Anyway here we go:

Hello Chris,

I'm going to discuss this with LucasFilm and will get back to you with reference on how they want us to handle the housing requests for large groups like this.

Talk to you soon.

NAME WITHHELD

This is actually GREAT NEWS. At the very least they did not say no from the get-go. That was the biggest hurdle to jump. Good news is that she carbon copied this to a person at LucasFilm for whom I've spoken to directly in the past and that person now works under Steve Sansweet, with whom I spoke to last month on the phone and have had two e-mails with.

This all plays out well for us. It's a good step in the right direction.

We're still not out of the preverbial "forest of Endor" (woods) yet, but we can see the bunker (light)...

-Sal
    ---------
    End of updates... for now.
    -Sal

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    We have 34 chapters who have signed up, more than 100 rooms requested for, accounting for several hundred members from 5 countries.
    :eek:
    That is great news Sal! I'm almost looking forward to the parties and get togethers AFTER C3...as I am the convention itself!

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I here ya. It will be like the dinner after Comicon, but with 7 times more people!

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Just FYI (according to Indy Knights "official" countdown...) 284 days till C3!

5. DarthDurance

DarthDurance Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    Got my rooms last week...I used Expedia...

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    EVERYONE who signed up for the C3 hotel room group...read the latest post on jkoc.com!!!!!

I sent Sal a complete list of our group (name/room size/# of people per room) based on what was posted on the board...because there could be a deal any day now!!!

Bret...call me Thursday (before 10:00PM) so I can confirm your status!!!

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    This just in...

The Fanforce group request of hotel rooms has been denied!

Sal worked really hard on this, so it would be nice to give him a "thanks for trying" PM when you get the chance...d aman worked hard for us.

So we're back to square 1...and on our own!

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Yeah, and by now all but one of the hotels in downtown are completely booked!

9. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    You guys should try the Marriott on Capitol, we stayed there last time and it was very nice... I know they still had availability 2 weeks ago...

10. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Yo Geoff, what was this about you saying you guys got rooms already? I know we vaguely spoke of it with Bret last Saturday but we really need to get on the ball with this, I need a room [face_worried]

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Em got my family's room ONLINE (travelnow.com) after checking all the differnet hotel websites...that's why my cell phone was ringing off the hook Saturday!

I PMed BMack with the info...you guys (Anrev's in with you now right?) should get started NOW...as rooms are being booked fast!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.