main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CIII Tickets go on sale MONDAY, ROOM INFO INSIDE!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by jedi_master_sal, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    It's so irritating, everyone's having problems but some people are managing to get through. Apparently a lot of places are already filling up too. :(

2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    ARGGGGGH I get home and the page keeps timing out! Leave it to the morons at Lucasfilm or whoever hosts the site to not have enough bandwidth. Kinda like how they thought they'd have more than enough room for people at CII...yeah right.

3. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I had to give up. I'm at work and have to go teach a class. I'll have to try tomorrow. Three hours and I couldn't get past the ticket order page. There is no way I'm going to try this at home on dial up tonight.

4. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I finally got through. I'm very annoyed that they aren't better equipped to handle the rush but since we can't really do anything about it, getting frustrated doesn't help (I know, easier said than done, especially when said in retrospect by someone who was definitely frustrated ;) ). Mary Franklin just posted on the C3 board saying that despite rumors to the contrary nearly all the rooms are still available.

So keep trying, but don't panic. Everyone's having problems. Eventually you will get through. :)

5. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    This...is...really...annoying!!!?!??!@?!

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Here's what the Fan Club Customer Service emailed me today:

Celebration III-Customers do not need to have Fan Club Membership proof at the time to ticket order. The conference managers of Celebration III will check membership status right before they mail show badges, during the month before the conference.

I've tried a couple times to get through and order a badge, but with my 56k modem it takes like 2 minutes to reload the page. I'm even missing Fear Factor.

7. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Great. Now I come home from class after giving up trying to register earlier and I get this for a page...

Software error:
    Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at /gcmain/rr/rplib.pl line 6874.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (support@regresources.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

So, I went from almost getting a page, and went from bad to worse. WHAT IS UP WITH THIS???? I swear, Lucas and his minions are the most unorganized bunch of individuals when it comes to events like this.

Maybe I'll get lucky ordering my ticket a month from now when that site's staff finds something better to power their servers, unlike their pet hamster right now whose wheel is rigged to the power supply....

EDIT: Finally got through!! If you get that page, just keep refreshing like crazy. And OMG the hotel discounts and availability are AWESOME!!! Bret if you read this, you have a PM on the JKOC boards concerning hotels!

8. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    People including myself got that error many times earlier too. All you can do is keep trying...

9. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    I just take back what I said about the hotels. Ok, this is really stupid. Saw a really good deal for the Marriot, was going to get an opinion on it, and next thing I know, they sell out of Friday, thus I can't get the whole 4 day booking for a great deal on a double room. And Marriot is connected. This is such utter garbage. I'm disgusted already. I'm seeing a disorganized slopfest of CII all over again...this just ain't right. I wanted that room...

EDIT: Went all out and booked Omni Severin before everyone else jumped at it like crazy...still connected to the con, really nice hotel, can't beat it for $143 a night. Plus breakfast/lunch buffets :D

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Em was working on this all evening...we've got ME registered (almost bought my badge, before that stupid "system error") and after school Tuesday, we'll try and get her registered...and buy our "stinkin' badges"

THIS is why we will NEVER go to a 100% automated economy, if someone at Gencon used enough common sense to have a 1-800 customer service line...none of this would be a problem (I'd wait 3 hours on the phone, rather then spend hours/days online)

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    It's all about timing, I think. It's 7am and I just got through no problem. Ordered my badge and I got that Darth Vader thingee. Now all I need is for them to be mailed to me.

12. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    It's about 9am, just bought my ticket with no problems or reloading the screen.

There are still hotel rooms available!! Maybe not your first choice but there are some rooms at reasonable rates.

13. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Congrats to all who have made it through the grueling process. One person on another site mentioned, "We aren't even in Indy yet, and already we're waiting in line." Ha HA

Anyway, most of us in Pittsburgh and all from WV's FF got in to the Marriott. Also some from DC got there rooms there too. So it looks like the Marriott is the official "unoffical" FF hotel. We can start planning a party...

Only if GenCon and LFL would have had the foresight and taken me up on the room proposal I submitted back in June, the headaches we all got would have been avoided. Well, at least for FF and this is the only group I'm concerned with.

Can't wait to see you good people again!

-Sal

14. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I got mine and Geoff's badge's within like a minute...then again I did it at school, around 7 am!!! But our badges are bought, but I don't know if Geoff wants to stay at the Radisson or try and get hotel rooms...how much are they per/night with this???

15. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Bah...I was gonna get Marriot until like 15 minutes later they decide to sell out of Friday so I can't get the whole 4 day block. Oh well, if everything's connected, I guess I can find my way from my hotel (Omni Severin) thru the convention center to the Marriot for any parties :D

16. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Go for the discounted hotel rooms, that's what I did. Bret had a prior reservation with Radisson before I got my ticket, and it was $169 a night. Now with a discount, it's like $151 a night I think. Or if there's Omni rooms left, grab those. Connected to the con, it's the only hotel left that's connected I think. Really nice hotel. Cancelled the Radisson and went with Omni instead. I think you can cancel regular reservations with no fees, but the only drawback with this discount rate is if you cancel, you paya $50 fee. But anyhow, go with this deal, you can't beat it.

17. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    The Omni is very nice from what I hear. I know several people staying there. :)

I've never been to a Celebration before so this idea of meeting so many people at one time that I only talk to on the internet is very exciting. Everyone's starting to post in hotel threads on the C3 board. It's awesome to watch the lists of people get longer. I'll be meeting people I have wanted to meet for quite some time. :)

18. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    This is going to drive me nuts. My brother-in-law knows someone who works for Embassy Suites. She swears up and down that she can get me a two-room suite there for $99 a night, but not until early next year.

19. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    When I stayed at Embassy Suites last time, I can't remember the price, but I know that $99 a night is a STEAL for that place. It was a really nice hotel, just sort of a 2-3 block hike from the convention center. I'd jump at that deal though.

20. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I temporarily had to change Padawan92's title to:
    GenCon registration goddess

She booked our original hotel room, then upgraded us to a Deluxe Queen Suite at the Hilton...and still saving us $20 per night. And to top it all off, we're closer (just not connected) to the convention center then would have been at the Radisson. Of course, with all the costumes Em wants to have by then...she needs a room the size of Padme's apartment! :D

Then, she registered and purchased BOTH of our badges (with fanclub lanyards) from Parma Senior High (faster internet connection)...GO REDMEN!

Good call, my young padawan!

21. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I also bought the DV topper... I just am VERY poor with all the stuff. I can't wait though!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.