main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA CIII Tickets go on sale MONDAY, ROOM INFO INSIDE!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    First the tickets for the 4 day pass are $95 each.

Now in order to be able to reserve a room you MUST purchase a 4 day pass before you can reserve it. Hope you have that credit on your cards!

I'll be up all night Sunday into Monday waiting to be one of the first to get tickets then reserve my room.

We've talked about hotels and the general concensus seems to be the Marriott. If not that then the Hyatt. I don't really care, so long as I get a room.

Here's the link to the official Star Wars site's announcement of this:
    http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/09/news20040922.html

**jumping with anticipation**

-Sal

2. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    All over this!!! As luck would have it we have a meeting this Sat. and we can discuss the details of how we are going to go about it. I think we will also try to snag the same hotels you guys are.

Thanks for the post Sal!!

Rap

3. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    No problem. If I couldn't get the deal done, the least I could do is let you know about the tickets and rooms.

If we can pick what floor (which I doubt), which one would you folks like? 3 for EPIII or 6 for 6 movies? 7th because it's a lucky number?

Which floor?

(It doesn't matter to me, but if we can pick a floor, it would be nice to try and get the same floor.

4. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    ummm....id say lets try 6th first, then 3rd?

5. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Oh, some handy info for you fan club members, if you have questions or concerns (like I have had) about the fan club their number is: 1-866-205-0034

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Heh, I called the number this morning. They give you another number (510) 768-2700. This is supposed to be for questions regarding using your membership for CIII in any capacity, ie ticket purchasing, room reserving, etc. Instead I got some dolt who sounded like he had a loaf of bread in his mouth. He referred me back to the fanclub. I told him that this was the number they wer giving out. He said he couldn't help and that there was no other number to give but the fanclub one. So I suggest not calling the (510) number as there's no help there.

I do suggest you call the fanclub to get you membership number if you don't already have it. It may be helpful in either purchasing tickets aor reserving rooms. Whether that means preferential treatment when processing your order or reduced rate for hotel rooms. Either way, it can't hurt to have it ready.

Good luck folks. Let me know how you all fare. I'm so freakin' excited, I'm about to overload!
    -Sal

7. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Sal, I'm clicking refresh on that site on two different browsers about every 30 secs :) Don't forget, Ctrl + refresh in IE or Shift + Refresh in Netscape to make sure it reloads and dosent just display the cached page to you. Oh yeah, I have all my fanclub info right here infront of me.

Good luck, and May the Force be with you!

8. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Ok, it was a pain, and one heck of a trial, but I got my pass and our room! We made it into the Marriott!

9. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    WHOOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!! :D
    *bows down and worships Darth Raptor*

Is the Mariott the one attached to the convention center?

Oh, one more thing: You are the MAN!!!! *does happy dance over hotel room*

-Fettish

10. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Yes it's one of the ones attached. It was what, to my knowledge, was the first choice of Pittsburgh and a few other PAs.

11. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    On the Pittsburgh boards, they are talking about getting "badges". Is that the 4 day pass?

-Fettish

12. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
  13. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    You're so lucky! I had hoped for the Marriott, but at after 12 hours of trying (yes, we were trying from 2:30pm-2:30am) to get into the site the best that was left was the Hampton Inn. So that's where a bunch of us from Rochester will be.

~Doc_Bev

14. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Yeah, I was afraid that the website only signup deal would end up being the pain that it was. That was NOT fun.

Sorry you couldnt get into the Marriott :(

But atleast you did get a hotel :)

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    What a P.I.T.A. (figure it out).

Anyway, most of Pittsburgh got into the Marriott! So did Wash. D.C.

Whoo-hoo. Looks like there will be a regional FF party there after all.

Now if stupid GenCon and LFL would have just gone for the deal I porposed, it would have saved us all the headache.

Either way, we're in. Can't wait!

Glad to see you all got through. Who's going on the first beer run??? ha ha

-Sal

16. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002

Yeah Sal, that was the reason I was so excited when you started working on that deal, and I still thank you VERY much for all the work you put into it!

This Hotel has no idea whats in store for them..........they should have never let us all in the same hotel....MUHAHAHAHA

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    No problem D_R. Just glad it worked out for us anyway. I just wanted to save the hassle and hoped to get us all together.

Oh yeah, that hotel is going to get trashed...

And you didn't answer my question, who's getting the first beer run.

-Sal

18. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    I should also add that when I snagged our room, I got it for Wed. night as well, that way we can get there and check in late (I checked and its cool), and not have to rush any on Thur.

19. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Ummm.... This new job of mine is a temp to hire, which means after 3 months the company will officially hire me. I already asked and was told there is no way I can get three days off... I can get two, but not three... :( I wouldn't be able to leave here until after 4pm on Wednesday... Which I'm sure screws up the whole deal for everyone... :( I thought we were going on Thursday... Heh, and also I'd have to be back here on Sunday because I have to get up and be at work at 7:00am on Monday... Maybe I should just bail now......I don't wanna ruin everyone's fun.

-Fettish

20. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    umm...unless they make you work till midnight, I dont forsee any major issues :)

21. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Oh okay! I thought you meant you all wanted to get there Wednesday afternoon.

How long will it take us to get there?

-Fettish *is happy again* :D

22. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    About 6.5 hrs. Give or take. Thats based on mapquest. Sadly I can't remember how long it tooks us to get there last time, due to the fact we were playing CDs and chatting and whatnot all the way there, I wasn't really paying close attention :)

23. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I lost my new temp job already. The company hired a bunch of new people and canned many of the temps this morning without warning... :(

-Fettish

24. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    :( That sux!

25. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Thankfully, I have another temp job lined up for Monday. Sorting clothes in a warehouse. Nothing glamorous, but nothing hard either. :)

-Fettish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.