CIII Who from the Charleston Area is going?

Discussion in 'Charleston, SC' started by motf-jan, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hello,
    I'm trying to get a head count of who in the Charleston Area is planning on going to CIII. I you want to and think it is too expensive, etc. Chime in anyway as we may have some affordable options for you such as roomates, rides, etc.

I know of at least 8 or 9 of us so far.

Janet
  2. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    The website is starwarscelebration.com Not alot there yet.

Let's see. April 21-24, 2005 in Indianapolis, Indianna. Yeah, I know it's during school time, that part sucks. But my 12 year old will just not be allowed to be sick so she can have the days available. Luckily it's well before PACT testing so that is good.
    No word on ticket prices and such. Last time it was $75 with a fan club membership. I'd imagine it'll still be in that range. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in East Indy. It's a two room suite that sleeps 6, microwave, fridges, two tv's , stereo system, pool, free continental breakfast, etc for like $89 a night. As you can see , a group of people staying in the room can get do so rather cheaply.

Were all driving up there so gas costs won't be that bad. I'm going with myself, my mom and dad, and 12 year old daughter. We'll also have JediScholar, her 9 year old daughter, 25 year old guy friend, 18 year old guy friend, going up together. Then we have Larry who I believe is also staying at the hotel and a few others from here.

It is THE Star Wars convention not to miss! Last time, I met all the ILM model builders and special effects guys, Rick McCallum, got to see Obi Wan's full size Jedi Star fighter prop. Got to see Hayden Christianson, Nick Gilliard, Trisha Bigger, Daniel Logan, the guy who played Jango, and the list goes on. It promises to be bigger and better this time.
    Definitely some time to save up the money. I think a person could ride up with someone and help with gas, share a room, etc and probably do it for maybe $500 and that would include the ticket, food and maybe a purchace or two.

Hope this helps.
    Janet
  3. JediJasonR Jedi Knight

I am thinking about going. I have to look and see if it will conflict with school. I'm not sure when we get out this year. Its also a matter of funds. I am on the college-kid budget. I think if I save up little by little through the year, I could afford it all too. How soon do I have to make a decision to be able to go?
  4. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    You still have plenty of time. It's probaby right during final time if I remember correctly. But you might be able to slip through and finish up before hand. Depends on the school . With me last time, it was the week before finals so I just studied ahead of time and dealt with it!

Usually , when you get you sylabus, if you have a conflict and ask the teacher nicely, they'll ususally let you take an exam a day or two early so you can go. As long as you let them know ahead of time.

What I would do is start putting away $10-$20 a month. That's like one movie with popcorn or one night at a bar. It you start now, you'll have enough to buy the ticket right away. They might sell out so you need to get it ASAP. You can always sell it later if you can't go. Then start saving for hotel and maybe airfare. This can save you 2 days travel and you might need that with exams. Your looking about $300 maybe less if you can get something through Independent Air. Start at least looking into it so you'll know what to save. Plus you have Christmas vacation to earn a few bucks.

AND... If needed, we'll have a Star Wars "Yard Sale" at one of the comic shops or something to raise funds.

So start saving now and you can do it! Worst comes to worst, you'll have a few extra dollars in your pocket and maybe you can go to Star Wars Weekends at Disney instead!

Janet
  5. Dark_side_fatty Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey all, I thought I'd pass along a thread I made in the Columbia section that relates to this.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=16549043&replies=0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.