main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL CIII - Who's going and where are you staying?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Leia214, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Hey ya'll! I know I saw some hands at the last meeting for people going to CIII. So . . . who's going, where are you staying and when are you arriving?

My husband and I getting there Thursday morning and leaving Sunday night. Flying out of Jacksonville, found some good round trip rates at about $155. We are staying at the Marriott downtown that is connected to the convention center.

I am so excited!!! We tried to get fan club breakfast tickets but they sold out immediately. Now they are posting for another event but there are no details yet - whatever it is, it is on Saturday, will be $15 and have room for 3500 people.

Maybe we can have our shirts done by then so that we can show our presence there.

Julia (& Mark)

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm going! I'm arriving Wed. night and leaving Monday sometime. I'm staying at the Best Western with a couple friends and it's gonna rock. Not only am I staying with friends, but its my first convention and I get to see my girlfriend!

3. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    I had thought about getting in on Wed night but then I would have to take another day off work so . . . I am trying to condense as much excitement into my time as possible! I have talked to people from CI and CII who said that it is just impossible to see it all so I am going with the thought that I will just enjoy what I can.

It's going to be great!

4. jediAce90

jediAce90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm going! I'll get there late Thursday and I'll be there all day Friday and Saturday and until lunch or so on Sunday. I'm staying in an Econo Lodge about 1 and half miles from the convention center. I can't wait!

5. yoda1248

yoda1248 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Hello, well it doesnt look like i will be able to make this Convention. I am a very big collector of all of the figures mint in box and vehicles and playsets and busts and master replicas and pretty much anything with star wars on it. The reason i said all this is to say that at c3 they are selling an exclusive darth vader figure that you can only get at c3. So my question was if at the next meeting if i gave one of you guys like 20 dollars to pick one up for me. The figure only cost 11.99 . I would be willing to pay you to pick it up for me. If not then its no problem i just thought this would be alot cheaper for me than buying it for upwards of 100 from a scalper. If anyone can do this please let me know. Either way thanks.

6. jediadigallia

jediadigallia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Hey everybody! I'm so excited to see that ya'll are going! I will be there, arriving Wednesday and leaving on Monday. I am staying at the Marriott downtown. I can hardly contain my excitement!! I signed up to work as a volunteer for C2 Ventures to help with the autographs. It should be pretty cool! Any word on a final design for the t-shirts? See ya'll at the next meeting.

7. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    I signed up to volunteer too! I thought it would be fun meeting so many people AND getting free autographs.

8. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Did anybody get their passes yet? I haven't ! :(

9. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Arn't those figures sold out?

I havn't gotten my tickets yet either, I'm more worried that the order will be screwed up. :(

10. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Just checked my mail and the passes aren't here today either. They must be using no rhyme or reason to send them because of friend of mine in Ohio just ordered his in February and got them on Friday! And I ordered back in September . . . so who knows!

I will just feel better when they are in my hands (with no screwups also!).

11. jediadigallia

jediadigallia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    I just got home from vacation yesterday and my pass was waiting for me! I'm sure ya'll have started to receive yours. I saw that my question got answered in the chat w/Mary Franklin regarding access to C3 via the Marriott skywalk. The answer was...initial entry will not be allowed through the skywalk, but once the line dies down outside, they will allow it to be used to go back and forth to the hotel.

12. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Still no passes for me :(

I'm starting to worry but I know other people elsewhere haven't gotten theirs either.

I'm just getting impatient because I am so excited!

13. CRIMSONXXX

CRIMSONXXX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Hello fellow Star Warriors.

I have not received my passes either...My wife and I contacted the CIII guys via email to ask what is goin' on! Getting a bit concerned...lots of green invested!

ITS THE FORCE OF THE PIKE!

14. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Still no passes for me either - I had hoped that they would come yesterday but no such luck.

GenCon said if we don't receive them by 4/6 to contact them. The only good thing is we are getting in on Wednesday afternoon so if I have to get them at willcall, at least I can do it that day before CIII opens.

15. CRIMSONXXX

CRIMSONXXX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005

Alright....Just checked the mail....Just received our badges....Here I go....I'm PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I got my passes yesterday and according to my parents it sounds like they are all intact thankfully. I'm going to give them an in-depth look on Friday when I stop by and drool over them. :p

17. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Still no passes for me :(

In a way it doesn't matter if I have to pick them up at WillCall because we will be there the night before. BUT I would rather have them in hand before I get there!

18. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Sniff, sniff. I can't go to CIII, but can somebody bring me back something.pleeeeaaassseeee.

19. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Awwwwwww - poor Blaze! I will bring you back an exclusive Vader since I know you will TRULY appreciate it and not scalp it on ebay!!

20. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    oh, Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you. Missa Like you.

21. PHATJEDI67

PHATJEDI67 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    Hey all, I just got my badge in on Saturday (4/2/05). Looks like I'm good to go. If anyone has any clue on the weather for that week let me know. I'm staying at the Marriott directly across from the convention center so holla if you're staying there as well or if you're in the area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.