main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Cincinnati Collectors Colaboration

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by padawan_schlicher, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    This is the spring off of something that Qui-Gon_Ludo said in the "if you were in control of meetings" thread, I thought it best to start this new thread than to get the other one way off topic. We just need to set up a system of needs and haves for trading, or some way to make it fair. Say for instance I am out "bounty hunting" and come across 2 of the new figures. Of course I get one for me, and I know that both Qui-Gon_Ludo needs this same figure, but jedimike does as well, who would get the second figure I pick up? Do I hold it until one of the 2 finds something I need so we can trade, leaving the third person out, or is it a first come first serve basis on the "look what I found" thread...I post I got an extra figure and the first person to PM would get it.... I think it would be great to collaborate our efforts in some sort of way, as long as it is established in a fair way and noone gets upset for not getting the extra figure from whoever was fortunate enough to get 2.

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I think that since there is not too many people collecting so far, a phone number system is the best thing to do, if you guys have cellphones. Example; I find a new figure, I call AJ to see if he needs it. If he doesn't, then I call Mike. The next time I go hunting, I would call Mike first, then AJ. In the case we get more collectors, we could find another system, maybe a goup system of 3/4 peeople hunting together. It's just a thought.

3. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Unfortunately, I don't have a cel...there's always the good old fashioned pay phone I guess...the problem is people's work schedules, mine varies....day to day....week to week...

Everyone who would be interested in something like this please post to this thread so we can get an idea of the number of people we would be talking about.

4. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I know I am interested!!!

5. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    as am I, that's 2 (count off as you post your interest please)

6. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
  7. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    I just got to thinking about something, I have noticed that some online retailers will sell you entire cases of action figures that you "may" sometimes find if your lucky at a Wal-Mart when they drop their stock out on the floors at night.

So this is my idea, a figure roughly sells for $4.99 retail so lets round that up to 5.00 a figure times the 12 that come in a case is 63.60 including tax.

www.actionfigureexpress.com is selling a case of the following:

Case of twelve (12) action figures may include 2 x Tusken Raider Tatooine Camp Ambush, 2 x Padme Amidala Droid Factory Chase, 1 x SP-4 & JN-66 Research Droids, 2 x Rebel Trooper, 1 x Imperial Officer, 2 x Eeth Koth, and 2 x Teebo

The total including shipping is 75.90 which is roughly 6.30 per figure. If you take into account the following pro's and con's this may be a very good idea.

Pro's: You get what you need.

The price is not as bad
    as I have seen at some
    other places.

The figues will be case
    fresh.

No more fretting over trying
    to find figures and sometimes
    the ability of getting extra
    figures for other peeps may
    be determined by the size of
    our checking accounts and not
    by good intentions alone.

Cons: 6.30 instead of 5.00

I am sure that this will require more debate and if we have the 3 Council members then it should be put up for vote. I think its a good idea and what ever figures that we have too many of can be easily sold on EBAY an get back what we paid for and of course the bidding would begin at 1.00

8. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    We need a list of everything people are actively seeking, not an item by item list but more like catagories: I for one mainly collect 3 3/4" figures (basic, deluxe, accessory sets, everything to do with 3 3/4")and ships for 3 3/4". That being said I don't always think about the action fleets or 12" figures or anyting else cause I don't know who, if anyone actually wants or needs them. So what does everyone else collect that we should all keep our eyes peeled for.

also the other cons to ordering cases would be the figures that come one per case and you miss out on the thrill of the hunt and the excitement of finally catching your bounty. Although at this point I am getting a little fed up with being like 3 waves behind because no stores are restocking....

9. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Count me in, I'm interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.