main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Cincinnati SW Fanfilm: LEGACY OF DARKNESS

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by UFOMONKEYMAN, Oct 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UFOMONKEYMAN

UFOMONKEYMAN Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2002
    Folks;

Thanks again for letting me present the plans for the Cincinnati-based independent film "Legacy of Darkness" at Barnes & Noble Sunday night and I hope you will find this project as exciting as I will.

In quick re-cap, LOD is an independent STAR WARS fanfilm that will be submitted as an on-line 'fanfilm' and also televised on public access television in Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and other locations. It will be for ALL audiences and would, if reviewed for a rating, presumably set in at an easy "PG" rating. The film may be anywhere from 30-minutes to 1-hour and be comprised of ORIGINAL characters set in a SW timeline before or co-inciding with Episode I, and focus on a Jedi Master/Student relationship and conflict.

Your participation in this production is very welcome and appreciated, so keep me posted what your thoughts are on this project and how you would like to be involved. Also let me know if you have any questions or also how I could be of any help to you as things progress, I know this will be a fun chance for everyone to spread their wings with a Star Wars fan-flick and your input is always welcome.

In the next few weeks I will be finalizing a rough-draft of the treatment and flesh out details of the script. As we plunge into this project, I'm sure we'll find things that we will be needing, but generally as a few items to start with, we know we'll need the following things:

1). Costumes - Jedi Knights, Sith Wizards, technicians, guards, royalty, pilot, etc.

2). Props - laser rifles, laser pistols, lightsabers, etc. This also includes gizmos and gadgets that are part of the SET

SPECIAL NOTE: ALSO NEED LIGHTSABER FIGHT COORDINATOR(S) TO TRAIN AND WORK WITH ACTORS

3). SETS: Spaceship cockpit, Sith Ritual Chamber (Although we already have a studio location (complete with blue/green screen), if someone has a specialty location that could pass for a spaceship or sci-fi setting somewhere that would be easier than building a set from scratch for this project)

4). Locations: exterior locations and special focus on 'castle-like' interior locations lit by torchlight. Does anyone know any location(s) we could shoot this (with advance permission) that would fit the bill? What about the Loveland Castle where they have haunted house tours, just as an idea? Needed: big halls and high ceilings!!

5). Aliens - alien assault squad complete with costumes & makeup

6). Model spaceships and model attack droids & drones, etc.

7). Pyrotechnic stuff - laser shot explosions, sparks from machinery & lightsaber duel plus routine torchlight

8). Support - during shooting of the piece we want to take care of the cast and crew with pizza & drinks, etc., so does anyone have any ideas about local sponsors?

9). Extras - We will publicize this in Cincinnati City Beat to recruit loads of extras, particularly for certain battle scenes. I think we can get a healthy turnout but spread the word anyhow

10). Media - music will be drawn from the 5-existing films. Does anyone have the movie soundtracks (rare & hard to get stuff also) on CDs?

12) Publicity - In addition to spreading the word about the production of this project, we also will need input on PRESS RELEASES after the project is in the final stages. Plus we'll need help with organizers for the screening of the flick, which we can make into a big media event (perhaps even national). I was thinking of choosing a location at either Union Terminal or the 20th Century theater in Oakley where they have the Southern Ohio Filmmaker's Association (SOFA) meetings. Also, someone at B & N made mention of a Star Wars
    convention where something like this can be separately screened. I am interested in this so please pass along the info and we'll follow up on it.

Anyhow, I hope the meeting at B & N was a good first step and as you can see, there will be a lot of stuff to do. I hope you are interested in this project and can help bring it to life. Your MUCH NEEDED help and interest is certainly appreciated.

If anyone can help, please contact me through

2. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I think this can be loads of fun, and a great experience that any Star Wars fan would die for the chance to be a part of. I say we give this our full backing, and it will be mutually beneficial, our group will grow and expand as we help with this project.

I've done a fair share of acting in my day, along with being able to support through photography. I will do anything I can to help from building models, getting my act together and getting my Boba Fett costume finished, prop building, etc.

3. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    UFOMM like Ludo and I said at the meeting we have some costumes and if you need extras, actor or actress let us know!

4. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    I am looking forward to this.

5. DarkKnightVauhn

DarkKnightVauhn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    I have a contact going to school for arts, and working on becoming an actress. I'm sure she would love to get in on something like this. I'll give her a call, if nothing else, I hear she is excellent with make up. :)

~Vauhn

6. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Hey, I just looked on theforce.net that a 47 min fan film was made and will premiere at a convention of some sort. and i contacted a friend who could help with some special effects if we need help.

7. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    There's a Midwest convention that is centered around fan films. FilmCon has a variety of technique panels from storyboards to choreography of Lightsaber battles.

It's in Madison, WI, sort of far, but worth the trip to meet oodles of other SW fanfilm nuts. And, it's small so you actually get to meet and talk with the SW guests.

8. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It seems to me that it would be a good idea if we started getting together on a regular basis and start making props and models and such...

UFOMM...let us know what all kinds of props and such you are looking for, and we can start making them, maybe some that are a little more specific.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.