main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Cincy Fanforce Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Robert-A-Fett, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert-A-Fett

Robert-A-Fett Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Yo. I've created a custom league on Yahoo for us to play fantasy football. Everybody interested just PM me and I'll give you the league number and password. Look forward to trouncing all of you....

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Need password :)

3. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
  4. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    When is the draft? Is it a live draft?

5. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    What's the buy in?

6. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    No, It would be too hard to coordinate a live draft I think. Would be a major pain to find a time that could work for even a majority of participants. Its a yahoo league, so its totally free as well.

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, in the leagues I played before, in a live draft, people who want to draft live can, the other draft from an automated list... Sure we can't have a live one? :( I hate automated, it's sooooooooooooo random.

8. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    I suppose we can do a live one. I'll set it up once the league fills up a bit more.

9. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Sweeeeeeeeet :) Thank you!! I just don't want to end up with players I didn't really want, not fun! ;)

10. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    need password!

11. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I know yahoo is a free league, What I meant was I figured we would each chip in like $50-$100 each to make it more interesting and competetive. Winner takes all. I used to play in free leagues years ago and if people don't like their team or their team starts losing they just basically quit(don't update lineup, don't check for trades, ect). When you involve money it's alot more fun and interesting. I also agree with Ludo that it should be a live draft. Last year I won over $1000 playing fantasy football and this year I'm already in 3 pay leagues so let me know what you decide.

12. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    No money going to be involved. I want everybody who wants to participate to participate. The football season is only 16 games long. If people cant stay interested for that long then they shouldnt get involved. Well we should have about 5 teams so far, 5 more open slots still left. Jump on in folks, it'll be loads of fun.

13. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I'll try to see if my brother in law wants to join the league, he loves football! :)
    Angel just signed up too :eek:
    You should join in Sean, even if we don't have any $$ involved, at least we get bragging rights!!! :D

14. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Ok I signed up and I have a few suggestions regarding the scoring settings on the league. I'm just gonna suggest a few things and then I won't bring them up again, I'll roll with whatever you decide Jason. I think that there are way too many starting positions. I have found the best usually is 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF and 8 Bench positions. I think the points on defense are kinda low as far as the points allowed catagory goes. I also think that the yardage points for WR and RB should be 1 point for every 10 yards receiving and rushing. But like I said i'll roll with whatever you decide but please please let it be a live draft, The computer will pick the highest rated player for any people that can't make the live draft. I just hate auto drafts because it takes away skill and knowledge of the different participants, How can you brag about winning if you didn't pick your own team? :)

15. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Very true Sean! I agree that defensive points should be higher... And live draft is the only way to go!!! :)
    As far as the lineup goes, once again i have to agree, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF and 8 Bench positions is what I usually play... It calls for more difficult strategy calls, wich makes the game even more fun :)

16. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    By the way, why not get a couple of people from Cleveland to play also? That would be great as far as competition goes!! :D

17. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    Everybody who wants to play is welcome. so Just let me know who it is and if they need the league Number and Password, or give it to them yourself.....

I just went with the defaults and figured I'd change it all once I got a feeling from the team managers, which I have. The point values and roster numbers have been changed, let me know if the current setup is more to everybody's liking

18. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    The following is how all my other leagues are set up, I figured it would be easier just to cut and paste than to mention each and every little thing.....

Draft Type: Live Draft

Draft Time: Sun Jul 18 12:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]

Max Teams: 10

Scoring Type: Points Only

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: December 3, 2004

Trade Review: Commissioner

Waiver Time: No waivers

Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: Passing Yards (30 yards per point)
    Passing Touchdowns (6)
    Interceptions (-2)
    Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
    Rushing Touchdowns (6)
    Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
    Reception Touchdowns (6)
    Return Yards (20 yards per point)
    Return Touchdowns (6)
    2-Point Conversions (2)
    Fumbles Lost (-2)
    Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 50+ Yards (3)
    Point After Attempt Made (1)
    Sack (3)
    Interception (4)
    Fumble Recovery (2)
    Touchdown (6)
    Safety (2)
    Block Kick (2)
    Return Yards (20 yards per point)
    Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
    Points Allowed 0 points (16)
    Points Allowed 1-6 points (12)
    Points Allowed 7-13 points (8)
    Points Allowed 14-20 points (4)
    Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
    Points Allowed 28-34 points (-4)
    Points Allowed 35+ points (-8)

Fractional Points: No

Negative Points: Yes

19. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Come on people, sign up!!!!

20. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    if I knew more about football I would

21. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I'm not a big football fan...

22. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    Well we seem to be having trouble finding enough folks to participate. Those of you who want to be involved or who are already involved feel free to ask whomever you think might be interested. We need to fill at least 10 teams or there's no point.

23. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I'll join even though I'm really bad at fantasy teams. And Debbie says that she'll join too even though she has the same problem I do.

24. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    AJ, time to sign up!!!!

Jedicandii, is there anybody else in Cleveland who'd like to join?

25. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    By the way, why not get a couple of people from Cleveland to play also? That would be great as far as competition goes!! :D

That looks suspiciously like a challenge to me.

PM me. I've never done a life draft online and I don't know how I'm going to go back in time to July 18th to draft, but I'll join.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.