main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH CINCY FF MOVIE REVIEWS.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon_Ludo, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I thought it would be fun to share our movie experiences here :)

Last night, we watched "The Stepford Wives"...
    It was overall pretty funny... There was even a Star Wars reference (action figures... the kid was pissed off when his mom told him they were out of Boba Fetts!!)... My favorite part has to be when they look in their gay friend's stuff and find a framed picture of Orlando Bloom... AND AN IRON ON T-SHIRT OF VIGO HIMSELF!!!! :)
    I'd give the movie 6 out of 10.

2. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Amber and I saw it yesterday too. I wasn't real interested in seeing it, but it did have some funny parts, including what Ludo already listed. There were plot holes big enough to drive a Hummer through.

3. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    i ended up seeing Harry Potter a couple of days ago it was actually pretty good

4. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I almost pissed my pants when they came up with Orlando's picture!!! [face_laugh]

5. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    I really liked Harry Potter also.

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I really liked the Harry Potter movie. The new director really livened things up a lot. The new look of Hogwarts was excellent and the kids looked like they were having more fun with their roles, too. The script was well done, as well. This time it really did feel like an adaptation of the book instead of an almost line-by-line visualation of the book. I know some purists don't like this idea, but you can cut some of the book and still make a good movie. [SPOILERS: highlight to read]In fact, the only omissions I felt were noticable were the names (and meanings behind the names) of the Marauders Map and the reason Snape hates Sirus Black so much. And they could have explained more about how Hermione was attending classes at the same time.[/END SPOILERS]

I also think Malfoy should be less cowardly. He looks like he's big enough to beat the tar out of Harry now. He shouldn't be running away first chance he gets.

The only thing better than the Harry Potter movie was who I ran into on the way out of the theater.

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Harry Potter.... [face_sick]

8. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    I really liked Harry Potter

I saw Chronicles of Riddick on saturday night, and if you want a straight out action movie, go see it. I've always been a fan of Vin Diesel, so I liked it more than normal

9. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    I saw Dodgeball tonight. It was funny, but not the best acting in the world. Don't go see it to expect Ben Stiller to be funny, because he was the worst part of the film.

10. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    ben stiller, funny, surely you jest

11. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Harry Potter was decent, definetly the best one so far, but it could have been better.

Riddick was stupid, I thought the whole story behind it was too far out there. I like Pitch Black better.

Dodgeball was hilarious. Ben Stiller was great in that movie. "We're better than you, and we know it."

12. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Is it just me, or there are a lot of very bad movies out this summer??? (Van Helsing, Day After Tomorow, Riddick, Soul Plane...).

13. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    just think though more bad movies this year:

aliens vs predetor

seed of chucky

willard wants to kill himself

spiderman 2

and the list goes on

14. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I am actually looking forward to spiderman 2! As for Seed of Chucky well....who doesn't love that adorable doll? :D

15. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Spiderman 2 looks very good. although the plot line for AvP looks and sounds kinda cheesey and I hope that they don't screw it up beyond, I really have been wanting this movie to be made for years, so I am looking forward to it.

16. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    Spiderman 2 will be incredible, I can see it now

I'm looking forward to AvP, I dont think it will be that good, but I still want to see it

17. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    Spidey 2 will be the best movie of the summer.

AVP on the other hand will just be popcorn action fun. I'm going to go in there and forget the story and watch the Aliens and Predators duke it out.

18. Robert-A-Fett

Robert-A-Fett Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh lets see. As for stuff In the theaters, I havent seen much lately. But as for stuff on video, I've really been getting into old old Sergio Leone westerns, like Once upon a time in the West, Fistfull of Dollars and The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Some of the best movies ever made. Used amazing camera techniques and great visuals. Cool plots. Awesome music.

19. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    Spiderman 2 blows the first one out of the water, and is quite possibly the best movie to come out this year. It really was incredible! There was great action, loads of drama, and Doc Ock is awesome, so much better than Green Goblin. Go see this movie!

20. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    It was great. Defintely the best movie of the year, and one of the best comic book movies ever. Raimi did a fantastic job directing. Where as in Spider-Man you can tell he held back, in Spider-Man 2 he went all out and did some scenes that have the same style and flair as his Evil Dead series.

Also look for "The Chin" in a cameo role and a brief half of a second on Stan "The Man" Lee.

21. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I am looking forward to seeing it tomorrow night!

22. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    seen it twice already, and its just as good the second time

23. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Spiderman 2 was absolutely awesome! I loved it! The action, the drama, the story, the VILLIAN!!!! AWESOME! It definately left me itching for #3.

24. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    Brandyn,

Same here, I have seen it twice and it kicks butt. The third movie is going to rule.

25. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    I heard that the third will be the last for Tobey, Kirsten, and Sam. I hope thats not true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.