main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH CINCY FF MOVIE REVIEWS.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon_Ludo, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    spiderman 2 was halfway decent definatly liked it a lot more than the first one

2. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I saw Anchorman last weekend, and all I have to say is "weird." It was a very funny movie but with some very strange stuff that doesn't make a lot of sense. But aside from those things it's a great movie and I recommend it to comedy lovers.

3. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    try king arthur you should like that one

4. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    We went to see "Team America", and it was hilarious!!! You have to like South Park style humor though!! ;)
    You had funny Star Wars references in it...
    The cantina scene and a Jedi mind trick scene...
    Favorite scene? I loved the "Michael Moore blows Mount Rushmore", so funny and so true to the character!
    I recomend South Parks fans to go see it.... Plus the movie does make very good points :)

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Team America is on my "To See" list. Maybe tomorrow, depending on when I get off work.

6. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I as well really enjoyed "Team America." I loved how they made fun of certain Hollywood actors. A must-see for everyone(if you are 17 and older ;) ) :)

7. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    Team America was great. The best part was with Michael Moore holding 2 hotdogs, one in each hand, then dancing around. LOL.

8. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I forgot that one lol :)

9. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    :_| :_| The next movie I want to see is "The seed of Chucky" and Ludo thinks it will be a stupid movie. Do we have any other "Child's Play" fans in da' house? ;)

10. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    it looks ok I wanted to see it but I thought I was the only one

11. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    I guess the next movie to see is the Incredibles It looks pretty good. :)

12. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    Just as a warning the episode 3 teaser trailer is set to be attached to some screenings of the incredibles.

13. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I watched Reign Of Fire last night for the fourth time. It thought it was an okay movie and loved the dragons. I kind of have this thing with dragons and think they are really cool, so to me they were the best part of the movie.

14. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Has anyone seen the Spongebob movie yet?? I want to hear some feedback on the little square sponge. :p

15. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Is Alexander as bas as I've heard?

16. Robert-A-Fett

Robert-A-Fett Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    It was awful. Three hours of my life that are never coming back.....

17. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, at least we have YOU back!! :)
    Seeing you on these boards brings warm feelings to my heart.... ;)

18. Brian5475E

Brian5475E Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    Went and saw Ocean's 12 last night. Boy did that movie blow. It sucked very bad. I almost walked out. The story didn't make sence, the music sucked, and the acting was horrible. It didn't feel like a movie. Just seemed like you were at a party with these people,and were just watching them talk. 2 Thumbs down!!!!

19. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I have been very critical of ROTK when I saw it last year.... Mainly because some of the movie "rythm" did not make much sense to me....
    Now, I just watched the extended version... And I understand why I didn't like it that much!!! Key parts (at least to my eyes) have been deleted!!
    Why take out the Saruman scene at the beginning?? Why remove the Witch King/Gandalf confrontation (gives a lot more sense to the "I will break him" quote from the Witch King)? And what about the undead army boarding the ships? I absolutely loved the extended version, go buy it!! :)

20. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    i just saw Blade Trinity and it was ok wait till it hits the 2nd run to see it

21. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Do not, I repeat, DO NOT go see "Kingdom of Heaven"!!
    This movie is not really bad, but it's not good either... Very poor in emotions, boring musics, and you don't have any idea where the movie really stands!! It's supposed to be a depiction of the Christian crusade... Wich was a war of religious fanatism... And yet, Nobody seems to really give a damn about God on either side... The director tries to be politicaly correct... And it's killing the movie!!! I am very disappointed... It had a couple of good points, but overall, it's another Troy...

22. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    Sahara was o.k.

23. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I am going to go see Kingdom of Heaven tomorrow. I've heard from a couple of people that it isn't good but most people didn't like Troy, Alexander or 1492...All of which I loved and thought were excellent movies. I could see Kingdom of Heaven being the same way. Most people just don't dig Historic Epics.

24. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I love Epics, as long as they make sense!! :)
    The crusades were one of the most unneven and most fanatical moment in history... And all the director does, he is giving us a VERY watered down version of history... It has nothing to do with the history I studied!!! Yes, some of the corruption and ugliness of things back then is well described, but most people back lived in fear of God and the Church.... And there, it shows people being like "Yeah, we're going to the Crusades, and we have no idea why" lol :)
    Same thing on the Muslim side...
    But hey, I hope you can learn to like it... At least someone would in that case ;)

25. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I saw KOH today and I really liked it. I felt the battle scenes were awesome! The battle for Jerusalem was alot like Helms Deep and who didn't think that was a great battle? As far as being a war about God...It is not always as cut and dry as people would like it to be. Almost all leaders in wars that use religion as a reason to fight have very little to do with religion. For example the Bible teaches us Justice in the Old Testament and Love in the New Testament. When leaders use Christianity as a reason, They aren't doing it for Love...They are doing it for Power. And that is exactly what the film portrayed when the King of Jerusalem wanted to go to war. And we have seen this kind of thing happen from there to present day and we will continue to see it until the end of the world. Leaders get the people on their side by using religion as a reason when all it comes down to is that leaders want more power. Did the movie go into depth about how corrupt the Catholic Church was back then...No. Scott chose to show how men can use religion as a excuse to gain more power and wealth for themselves. Scott was Politically Correct because he chose not to bash either side, Rather show how corrupt the hearts of men can be and how men can also be brave and strong. Who would want to go watch a movie that has the agenda of showing how the Catholic Church lied to the people and betrayed God by adding the Apocrypha to the to the Old Testament so that they could scare people into paying for Indulgences? I don't think that would go over very well considering 50% of the world is Catholic. And it must be remembered that this is no documentary, It is a blockbuster movie that costs millions to make and thus needs to be made to make millions back. Anyways, I thought it had good acting/special effects and definetely worth the price of addmission. I give it a 8 out of 10. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.