main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincy meeting for 2/23

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by padawan_schlicher, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey, since you guys don't have anything scheduled for this week you are more than welcome to come down to our meeting. We are having a SW video game tournament, we'll have 3 games on 3 TV's plus computer, board games and trivial pursuit. For more info drop on over to the Cincy board and if you need directions (to my house) just pm me!

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    It's going to be a lot of fun, hope to see some of you guys there!! :)

3. MandalorianHunter

MandalorianHunter Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2003
    yeah, whatever

4. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Uh, what was that supposed to mean?

5. SITH_L_MAUL

SITH_L_MAUL Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2003
    This is straight out of Webster's Dicionary, hope it can help you understan the meaning of the word.
    interj.
    Used to indicate indifference to or scorn for something, such as a remark or suggestion: We're having pizza tonight.-Whatever. I don't care.
    Usage Note: Both whatever and what ever may be used in sentences such as Whatever (or What ever) made her say that? Critics have occasionally objected to the one-word form, but many respected writers have used it. The same is true of the forms whoever, whenever, wherever, and however. In adjectival uses, however, only the one-word form is used: Take whatever (not what ever) books you need. ·When a clause beginning with whatever is the subject of a sentence, no comma should be used: Whatever you do is right. In most other cases, a comma is needed: Whatever you do, don't burn the toast. ·When a noun followed by a restrictive clause is preceded by whichever or whatever, it is regarded as incorrect to introduce the clause with that in formal writing: whatever book that you want to look at; one should write instead Whatever book you want to look at will be sent to your office or Whichever book costs less (not that costs less) is fine with us. See Usage Note at however. See Usage Note at that.

6. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, that was kinda rude! We were inviting people from your FF because we thought it would be fun to meet other Star Wars fans, but there is obviously a little bit of hatred I have quite a hard time to understand there... Just as a reminder, I was right behind Sean to get this Dayton board up and running and would be an active member of both FF if Dayton wasn't that far from where I live. I am also very happy to see you guys are up to a great start with your FF. I also plan to attend some of your meetings in the future, whenever time will allow me to do so, even if I am still an active member and council member of Cincinnati FF. I just hope that you guys will not stone me or anyone else if we decide to come to one of your meetings ;)
    Anyways, with summer coming, we have a lot of projects, like cookouts and King Island, and I think it would be great if 2 FF so close to each other could do stuff together! I would just expect a little more respect, and making smart a** comments like that is against TFN's spirit, I am sure Sean as a CR will explain to you why. Anyways, if anyone needs help about collecting and/or costuming, don't hesitate to contact me :)

7. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Very well put Ludo. I would love to see the 2 of our groups do some joint events in the future, which really is, as Ludo said, the spirit of TFN and Fanforce.

8. Ben_Kenobi78

Ben_Kenobi78 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    yeah whatever

9. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    What is going on here Dayton FF members? Why are you guys starting trouble with the Cincinnati FF? What is great about our FF is that we are a Fellowship, Not a government. I know that we agreed to not have by-laws or restrictions and I still think that's the way it should be...I will never say anything to you for argueing over a topic or giving your opinion about something, But you guys are being rude for just being invited to another FF event. Please tell me what is the meaning of this.

10. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    One or two don't speak for the rest of us, or at least me! I look forward to meeting the Cincy FF as well as the Dayton FF whenever we have out next meeting, to be able to connect and form friendships with complete strangers based on Star Wars is an awesome idea and I hope the few negative responses don't reflect the rest of the Dayton FF.

11. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Thanks Sean and PADA-1! That's exactly my point!! The big thing that brought us all on these boards is Star Wars, and it's always an amazing thing to meet new Star Wars fans!! That is a thing that shoudn't be taken for granted, but enjoyed! The name of your FF says it all, "Fellowship"... As far as I remember, the LOTR Fellowship wasn't some exclusive group that were in there for themselves, but also for all the rrest of the people like them that believed in good... and us, we believe in star Wars :)

12. MandalorianHunter

Feb 4, 2003
    sean, i remember reading the posts when i first joined the dayton ff. ludo is one of the people that desserted you to go back to the cincy ff just because you said you didn't want to have anything to do with cincy after they said some nasty and smart mouth things to you. and padawan dude was always getting upset with you for just giving your opinion on stuff. so for them to come into the dayton forum and try to act all buddy buddy now i think is just ridiculous! and evidently other people agree with me.

13. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Rude behavior like these have a tendency to scare people away, I talk from past experiences. As far as deserting, no, i don't see it that way. I just didn't like the comment Sean made back then, but i am sure it was more a reaction Sean had on the very moment, I know the guy a little, and he's a very nice guy that I look forward to seeing again!! Another issue for me not joining was the location of the meetings, really too far from where I live to be actively involved (1 hour). And I don't appreciate to be pointed at by someone that angry (and I still didn't see a good reason for that behavior), and that doesn't even know me. I still hope to meet with you guys sometime probably this summer :)

14. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Also, as you can see, Sean, from the beginning, invited us to your meeting guys, so please chill, I'm no Trekkie ;)http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10303550&replies=2

15. SITH_L_MAUL

Feb 2, 2003
    Sean, I agree with Tim. Don't you think that these guys will just do something similar in the future over something you say or do that they don't agree with? We elected you our leader because we always thought that you would get our back and not tolerate this crap.

16. Ben_Kenobi78

Feb 23, 2003
    I haven't met you yet Sean, But Tim always told me you were a awesome guy. But so far what I have seen is you siding with other cities over your own city which you are supposedly the leader of. Just do the right thing Sean, take care of your people. :)

17. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Mandalorian, Maul and Ben Kenobi...I see your points, But I strongly disagree with you. Yes AJ and I had some disagrements, And I had a little falling out with Ludo at one time. But life is too precious and short to go through it holding grudges. I have gotten past my problems and disagrements that we had in the past and I look forward to having many joint FF events. There is only 1 hour between Dayton and Cincinnati, We have what many FF only dream of..A neighboring FF this close. I see things like Qui-Gon Jinn did in Episode 1..."The will of the force" Qui-Gon thought that it was the will of the force that they were sent to Naboo and then landed on Tatooine to find Anakin Skywalker. I personally feel that everything that happened was meant to be...If AJ didn't make me upset with the Cincy FF and if I didn't live 45 minutes to an hour from Kentucky and everything else that took place, Then I probably never would have started the Dayton FF. Had I not started the Dayton FF then we might not have the company of Pada, Sarah, Jacob, Gwen, you 3, ect. Let's just be cool and embrace what we have and be thankful for it. I would love to do a joint event soon with Cincinnati so that the 2 cities can meet and celebrate this gift that we mutually share...STAR WARS :)

18. MandalorianHunter

Feb 4, 2003
    This absolutely ***** sucks! I am no longer interested in being in this or any other FF! ****of you! I officially quit this stupid FF and no need to send me private message warnings because I will never be back!

edit: mind the language, if you do decide to return

19. Ben_Kenobi78

Feb 23, 2003
    I'm right behind you Mandalorian. I don't need this place or these people either. I officially quit this place also.

20. SITH_L_MAUL

Feb 2, 2003
    Sorry Sean, But they are right. I also will no longer be posting here or coming to activities.

21. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Well I'm glad this happened sooner rather than later. I knew it would and now it has. We didn't lose MandalorianHunter, Ben_Kenobi78 and SITH_L_MAUL, they lost themselves.

How can someone get upset by the fact that another person invited him or her to an activity? It's not like they're on another "side" since there really isn't any sides at all. If anything a respectful decline of the offer or no response at all is probably the best course of action. The responses shown are of little children who don't get their way. We don't need that in any group. %99 of all the people I've met that are into SW are the most mature balanced people I know. It's always that %1 that just amazes me. Well congratulations MandalorianHunter, Ben_Kenobi78, and SITH_L_MAUL, you're that "select" %1.

This group will continue and continue well without the 3 of you because the others see that an invitation to another FF meeting isn't to be taken as an insult or a stab at our group but a hand reaching out in friendship. One shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you.

Goodbye and good luck in your lives MandalorianHunter, Ben_Kenobi78, and SITH_L_MAUL, I hope to see you again when you have a little more maturity and respect for people.

Jake

22. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Yipes, talk about a rough start! Best to get all the drama out of the way now and look forward to good times ahead. Just wondering if we are any closer to having another meeting, very much looking forward to meeting you guys.

23. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Wow, I just came home from work and I find out that our FF just lost 3 members. Well I am sorry that you guys feel that quitting is the best solution to your problem with multi-FF events. On the upside it is better to just get it out of the way instead of it lingering on and on. Sith_L_Maul and BenKenobi78 if you guys ever change your mind and wanna come back you are more than welcome to as long as you accept that we WILL be doing stuff with Cincinnati. MandalorianHunter, You will be banned from the boards forever for your F-bombs and insulting comments. I hope that this hasn't turned away others interested in joining the Fellowship or current members. I feel that we have got truly wonderful people in our Fellowship and I have been working behind the scenes on making this FF even better. I feel that the only troublemakers are gone and what remains is the strong backbone of what is and will be a great FF. May the Force be with you all.

24. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    If you don't want to do something, don't. There is no need to be rude, disrepectful, or break the TOS over it.

Many FanForce groups do joint parties, cons, get togethers. Just because Dayton may have started out roughly, doesn't mean things can't mend.

Edit: bad, bad grammar

25. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Cincy has seen our share of problems, one of which was near the start...we got over that hump and continued to grow. Problems come and problems go...that is the nature of any group. I just hope none of the rest of you get disheartened over this and as corranhornjj said, it's better sooner than later. I wish you all the best of luck and continued growth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.