main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH cincy pops...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Exalted_1, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    http://ohio501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1882

I happened to be looking at the 501st forums and noticed that there are plans to be a part of the cincy pops performance at riverbend.

any one want to go to the concert?

since I won't be able to be ready in time to participate in the 501st, I just thought maybe it might be fun to just enjoy the concert.

any thoughts?

suggestions?

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I'm still debating going with the 501st or as a spectator.. Plus, I might be working :)

3. Darth_Clayton

Darth_Clayton Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2005
    Mark,

I am going to try and go.. Just trying to decide if I want to go in costume or not. If Ludo and you go in costume I probably will too. I know if I bring Christian he'll more than likely want to be Ani..

I'll keep an eye on the board to find out what the consensus ends up being..

D_C

4. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    well I don't know if I'm going in costume, but I'd really like to attend.

I don't want to step on the toes of the 501st members being a part of the concert. but I'm game for going in costume if everyone else is.

I still need to get my tickets!

5. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    How much are tickets to this?

6. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    tickets vary depending on the seat, but prices are posted on the 501st thread at the beginning of this thread.

Also...

http://www.rebellegion.com/index.asp?IE=2

check the midwest base in the forums. You'll see a thread concerning the cincy pops.

I just found out that the Rebel Legion has gotten invited too!

you know what that means... I am SO there!

I might have to borrow Omar's lightsaber if I can't build my own in time.

7. Darth_Clayton

Mar 2, 2005
    If you use coupon code "OBIWAN" you will get 25% off regular price tickets..

D_C

8. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    We won't go in costume, we want to enjoy the concert :)

9. CINCYFAN

CINCYFAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    I'll be there for sure on the ninth with some family members. I know that OSWCC had plans to attend and volunteer as well to help out the 501st, but don't know of any final plans on that yet. Should be fun no matter how they do it.

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Exalted_1...THAT's your gear? (looking at RL boards) NICE!!! Saw you at C3, and would have come over and said hello had I known you were from Cincy!

Have to tell me more about this lightsaber dueling group, and hope ya'll don't attend All-Ohio this year ;)

Odds are looking good that I'll end up in Cincy for this concert (details are kinda fuzzy right now). But if Daniel Logan is going to be there, I expect my sister to "aggressivly negotiate" me into attending.

11. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    I'll see what I can do, but not here. I'm kinda under the weather right now & having trouble putting thoughts together(major headaches).

I'll send you a pm or an email within the next week about it.

short version:
    If you saw the opening ceremonies @ C3, you saw the lightsaber fight they did. Take that, and the kid's jedi training show. Combine the two and that's what we do.

We're always looking for people and support.

hope you can make it to the concert! :)

12. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    What's the exact date for the concert?

13. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    July 8&9...

Use the 501st link to find out more since it the source closest to what's going on.

14. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Cool, because it certainly does have my interest.

15. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    Cool I might be able to go.
    It's just after my birthday and I'll be on vacation.

16. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Allright, who plans on going, and on what day?

17. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I'm definetly in. Either date is fine by me. Are we going to go as a Fanforce group or not? And if we do what kind of seats should we get?

18. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    I prefer pavillion just in case it rains but I'd go even if we had lawn seats.

19. R2-Drew

R2-Drew Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2005
    I've already got my tickets for the eighth, I believe! I cannot wait - I think I may be going in the costumes I ordered for the premiere of Revenge of the Sith. I used to not like costumes at all, but after my friend and I went as Anakin and Padme to the premiere, we both really enjoy it!

20. Darth_Clayton

Mar 2, 2005
    Howdy all..

Just did a 501st event in Louisville (Churchill Downs) on Monday and talked to one of my Bloodfin troopers and a Southern Outpost trooper and they told me that they are looking for 501st members to be on stage during the concert (in costume of course)..

Just thought I would stick that bug in your ear.. (I'll keep you posted)

D_C

21. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    come on, it's the first time since Kenner toys that Star Wars came to Cincinnati. we HAVE to show interest or it may not happen again! we may have to keep going to Indianapolis and/or columbus for events like this if we don't show an interest!

I don't know about you guys, but I know we're tired from Celebration III & opening night as far as costuming goes, but events like this never happened before in Cincy. the last time a concert like this was slated to be here it was cancelled on accout of lack of time & interest.

there are tons of Star Wars fans in cincinnati, but we haven't been able to have an event like this to show it or to collect them in one place. we were all scattered accross the various theatres in the area on opening night. I'm not about to let an event this to be a one time only thing if I can help it.

yes it is just a movie...

and, yes it's just a concert...

but it's also fun time that doesn't take a tank of gas to get to.

I'll get off my soap box now... :)

22. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Take a chill pill Exalted_1!! ;)
    It was cancelled also because the tickets were VERY expensive... reason why we didn't buy ours last time around. If people want to dress up, great, but it's not because one doesn't dress up that one doesn't have fun. We might dress up, me might not... No matter what, we'll have fun. ;)

BTW, if we don't get larger SF events here, it's because Downtown Cinci sucks!!! There is NOTHING to do!!! (Thanks God for Newport on the Levee!) Why would people want to come here for a SW event??

Another thing... About people seeing the movie in different theatres.... I asked you guys where you wanted to see it, and everybody wanted to see it at the AMC!! I told you guys the the OSWCC and 501st would be in Springdale... You guys choosed the AMC, so that's what we went with... I still had a blast though :)

23. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Hello my name is Jason Im from bardstown ky.I ordered the lawn seats because if you have kids under 12 they get in for free.Have you guys ever been there and are the seats horrible?I hope not.

24. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Never been there, it will be a 1st for us :)

25. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I hope that there will be a big enough turn out for the event! I am looking forward to hearing some good music! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.