main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Cine Capri Event, June 27th

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Apr 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    alright everyone, harkins wants us to show up in style! the opening day, june 27th, will be a big bash at the new cine capri!
    come dressed in your movie costumes. star wars costumes, or any movie costume!
    come in your PFF shirt if nothing else...
    i can get anyone who comes out to help FREE tickets! :D
    we may do an event on friday and saturday, in the evening, around 1900 to 2100. it depends on what you guys want to do...
    the media will be out in droves, so this is a great opprotunity to get some exposure while having fun!

2. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    YO!

Not sure which costume I'll wear (maybe I'll take my shirt off and paint myself green), but I'll be there.

3. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    yea, we may do some contests or giveaways for green hair or something...

and i will be sporting the indy look, thanks to IA :D

4. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I'm half tempted to show up with my jedi robes, except wearing my JBS shirt instead of the tunic and tabbards... :)

5. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I'll be there! I don't know what costume I'll do, but you can count on me! (Unless I end up in San Diego that weekend, but I'll try to plan around that)

6. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I WILL be there..

7. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    YAY!! I'll be there!! I HAVE A NEW DRESS TO WEAR!!! Or at least I will. :D :D

8. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    I will probably wear my Hogwarts costume, as Order of the Phoenix will be released at midnight that same night!!! [face_mischief]

//happy dance//

9. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Okay, it was a great meeting yesterday. They've got a bunch of things in the works to make it even better that we'll hear about later when they get them finalized. But Harkins is doing alot for us on this so I'd like to make sure we return the favor and go all out for them.

Some thigns we discussed...

Costumes: Having Movie costumes in general. Some in star wars garb. A couple in HArry Potter gear. Sideshow wearing IA's Indiana Jones get up. Paint Lord Reaper Green and have him as the hulk. Maybe try and get some of Bunny and my friends from the LARP to come as Elves. But the goal is to try and make it be a "movie costume" appearance then an exclusively star wars one. Does anybody have any other "movie costumes" that they can do or want to do ? Marvel/DC characters, Matrix outfits (Minus the hardware, sorry), etc

Things to do: We need something to do. As Sideshow said, the novelty of being in costume and milling about for the crowds will wear off in an hour or two. So we need ideas on what we can do. From a choreographed lightsaber fight or skit, to anything else. Please post ideas, no matter what they are. Odds are we can use them in some way or another.

10. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Paint Lord Reaper Green and have him as the hulk. :eek:

This should be very cool. It could be a whole "movie characters taking over" sort of thing. Crossover possibilities abound: Harry Potter/Matrix? Star Wars/X-Men? LOTR/Indiana Jones? Lightsabers vs. superheroes?

Awesome! :D

11. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Hmmmm Maybe I shoud go out there that weekend...but PHX in June...eeekkkkk.

Oh boy though sounds like a fun event! I can turn my 'hand' costume into something Matrix if I borrow a Trench...there is an idea Moe, we could totally do costumes from Matrix with our matching Pleather pants! ;)

12. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    If I didn't have to bleach my hair I'd do Spike again.

I wonder how hard it would be to resurrect the idea of having several of us show up as Agents from the Matrix.

EDIT: I wonder how well a Gun Kata would go over at this event. If anyone is interested in getting together with me either sometime on Sunday or any evening next week we could probably get something put together pretty quickly.

Along the same lines we could probably get a good lightsabre fight scene choreographed pretty quickly with a bit of work.

13. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    ME! ME! ME! I will help!!

But costumes... oh... which costume to choose... or make...? Any suggestions?

14. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I too as well would love to attend. Even though I'm working out, I doubt I can bulk up enough to be a short HULK. :p

I too am open to suggestions for a costume.

15. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Providing transportation can be arranged, I would be happy to be there. :) My range of costumes is a bit small at the moment, though. [face_blush]

16. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    I would so be up for a lightsaber battle. I've had some experience with choreography and we've almost all had some experience with martial art training. I'm sure we can even manage to work out a couple of distinct styles. Once smooth and flowing with another quick andsharp for example.

17. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    oh yea, lets put "art of the sabre" to shame! :p

18. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Oki, I'll bring my medkit it seems to practices ;) I can't imagine taking those stances and not getting hurt much less the acrobatics.

19. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Okay, if someone can get me a gym membership in VERY SHORT order.. I COULD bulk up enough to Hulkify.
    Otherwise, i'd kinda be like the hulk that got screwed up, got all depressed, and ate 300 pizzas last week on a giant carb binge causing a total loss of muscle and transformation to GUT.
    Outside of that, a supply of steroids wouldn't hurt.. but I'll settle for creatine, and some hydroxicut by Twinlab. (bulk up and thin out)

20. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    Dude, avoid creatine like the plague if you want to keep your liver

21. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    OH! I'll be there :) Maybe I could convince my sister to dress up with me as female Boondock Saints!

22. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

Nov 12, 2002
    I will be there... as Dr. Jean Grey... maybe...

23. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

Nov 12, 2002
    Wait! Wait! Movie characters, right??

Well, could we use a Marilyn Monroe, with the white dress? It would be a lot more comfortable than balck leather in AZ... let me know!

24. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    No no, we like Black Leather. It's okay

25. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Yes, black leather is always encouraged. Besides, I'm sure you'll find someone to hold your drink for you. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.