main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Cinemark Tinseltown Plano

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ionMech, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ionMech

ionMech Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    I'm new to these boards and am not currently a member of the DFW FanForce but I may sometime in the future once I become more versed in Star Wars. While I've been a fan for some time I havent been serious about it until recently and so i decided to start off looking at the life of a true fan by purchasing my midnight (12:01, fine...) tickets for AOTC (why were they so easy to get anyways?). I will be attending the showing at Cinemark Tinseltown in Plano(stupid me forgot about the DLP at Legacy when buying those). The thing I'm wondering is will anyone from this group or other groups be there? I obviously know that there will be tons of fans there and some sort of line prepared but I dont know if any organized groups will be out there. Also I'm only in high school so I can't go out till after school. And while I'm not too worried about getting there like 8 hours before they movie starts after school I'd just like to know if anyone will be there to pass the time with. If not I guess I'll easily be able to find people to relate stories, etc. with. Any other information on the release or about this theater would be great. Sorry if I seem a little dumbfounded or uneducated about this whole ordeal (but hey, I guess I am =/ ). Thanks in advance.

2. ionMech

ionMech Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    Well I'm sorry to hear that no one seems to know anything about this. I probably will be on in the morning but I will probably go to the theater right after school. Any help is still welcome at any time though. Thanks.

3. DARTHKOOL

DARTHKOOL Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Yeah, dude.

All the theatres in town are going to be crazy in their own uncertain way.

But the best and most organized is the DFWFanForce! Like a bunch of Clone Troopers who have marched on the Cinemark Legacy in full FORCE.

We've got guys that's been out here sleeping on cement sidewalks since April. Been getting all the media attention as well since Legacy has the EXCLUSIVE DLP showings.

But don't be saddened little one...
    I heard that THE Darth Vader, Dave Prowse will be at Tinseltown in person telling everyone, "don't underestimate the Force!"

You seem to have your "game face" on.
    Show up early, bring a sack lunch (dinner) sit in line for 10 hours and May the Force Be With You.

4. ionMech

ionMech Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    Thanks for the reinforcement. Sorry I couldnt be up at Legacy. May be the force be with you. All of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.