Cinemark Tinsletown DFWFF FORT WORTH Line!

Discussion in 'Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX' started by Grand Moff Joker, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Moff Joker Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome to the official thread for planning and discussing the Fort Worth area line for STAR WARS - Episode II - Attack of the Clones!

Let me begin by saying that at this point, all information is tentative and is subject to change. No details are definite, and work continues on planning all aspects of the Fort Worth line. However, everything is proceeding as we have foreseen...

WHERE? I'm pleased to announce that talks with Cinemark USA, Inc. have been very successful and encouraging. Representatives from Cinemark have so far been helpful and enthusiastic about working with us to organize our line and premiere event. Therefore, we have begun working on plans to hold our line at the Cinemark Tinsletown in Grapevine, near the intersection of Highway 121 and Highway 114 (just northwest of DFW Airport). This location is convenient to all fans on the west side of the Metroplex, including Fort Worth, Grapevine, Hurst, Euless, Bedford, North Richland Hills, Arlington, Denton, and more. It may be a bit of a drive for some, but we believe that the Tinsletown's location, size, and quality make it the best place on the west side of the Metroplex for fans to gather for the Episode II line and premiere event!

WHEN? Episode II is scheduled to premiere on May 16. If the film's release follows the same pattern as that of The Phantom Menace in 1999, this means that the first showings of Episode II will be at midnight (night of Wednesday, May 15/early morning of Thursday, May 16). However, the specific dates of the Fort Worth line are still being worked out and will be influenced by several factors. We must keep in mind that many fans may need or want to line up twice, once to purchase advance tickets, and again to see the premiere itself. At this point, Cinemark has relayed to me that Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox have not yet handed down their policy for advance ticket sales for Episode II. Therefore, the exact date that advance tickets will go on sale is not yet known. Stay posted for updates as we find out more!

WHAT? The line for Episode II will be a major event in itself! We are currently working with potential sponsors - including radio station 106.1 KISSFM, area restaurants, and businesses - to play a role in supporting the line and its activities. We'll have lots of fun in line with many things to do and see - including games, prizes, costumes, music, endless Star Wars discussions, Star Wars collectible auctions, and much more! You don't want to miss this!

Alongside the Dallas Episode II Line, during our time in line at the Tinsletown we'll also help to raise funds and collect donations for the My Guardian Angel organization. This charity helps support children who are suffering through issues of death, divorce, separation, or abandonment. We believe that as Star Wars brings out the child in all of us, sponsoring a charity such as My Guardian Angel will benefit the childhood of others. So as we all line up for Star Wars, you can help us make a difference in the lives of children who need our support!

Do you live on the west side of the Metroplex? Are you a big Star Wars fan? Are you ready to see Episode II? Do you want to get in line for the movie event of year?!? If so, make plans to join us at the Cinemark Tinsletown this May! Let us know you want to get involved! Just register on our message boards if you haven't already (it's fast, easy, and free!), log on, post a reply in this thread, and join the fun! Or, send email to "mattw@dfwfanforce.net" and let us know that you want to be a part of all the action!

Questions? Comments? Ideas? Suggestions? Post here!

See you in line!
  2. Nikohlas Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have been working closely with GMJ on organizing this event, although he has done the majority of the work thus far...and to that we should all thank him. As for future plans, you should expect to be seeing more updates on this and other boards, DFWFanForce.net, and all of our flyers advertising this event. I have preliminary approval for sponsership from Outback Steakhouse, Network Graphics, and a host of other local restauranteurs. If you have a personal relationship with anyone who may be willing to lend a hand as a sponser (It does not necessarily need to be severed by a light saber) please let us know. If you havent seen our flyers in the Tarrant County area...just wait. It is kind of hard advertising in chain stores and the weather has been less than kind, but we anticipate a veritible deluge of flyers to rain down like it did last weekend. So "GET IN LINE" soon, this is going to be GREAT!!!!
  3. old-master Jedi Knight

star 1
    See ya there! I will only able to get to the line-up several hours prior to the showing. Little things like work and sleep!
    old-master has spoken...
  4. Darth_Glymmer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Grand Moff Joker, Nikohlas, and I are working on planning and coordinating the official Fort Worth line and events for Episode II, Attack of the Clones. The plans that we have made, include sponsorship with area restaurants, stores, and the Cinemark Tinsletown Theater itself. "Our plans will be quite operational by the time you arrive." If you want to have a place to have the greatest viewing event ever in Fort Worth for STAR WARS, come out to the line. You have two options... "join us, or die."
  5. Leia800 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Expect a cameo by me at least a dozen times. I wish I could be there with you guys the whole time but I'm busy raising my own little Sith.
  6. Admiral_Drake Jedi Knight

Ok i have a question
    how much is the ticket 's and should i bring my own food what
    i plan on being there for at lest the last three to four days

dude give me some info
  7. Grand Moff Joker Force Ghost

star 4
    Admiral Drake, tickets remain the big unknown in all of this, because Fox and Lucasfilm haven't yet handed down their policy regarding advance ticket sales to theater owners and managers. Keep watching the boards, because we'll make announcements about ticket sales just as soon as we know something firm.

Regardless of when they go on sale, expect tickets to be $7.00 or $7.50.

As for food... The safest thing to do would be to bring as much of your own food and drinks as possible. However, Nikohlas has been talking with restaurants located near the Tinsletown, and several have expressed interest in helping to sponsor the line. I'm sure we'll be able to drum up even more support as the line start draws near. In addition, we hope that Cinemark and our other potential sponsors will help us out with food and drinks. Also, with so many restaurants nearby, it won't be too much of a problem to run out and get something to bring back to the line. You won't lose your place in line or anything. We'll all be helping each other out in that respect, I'm sure.

Admiral_Drake what is your email address? I'd like to add you to an email list of people who have expressed interest in the Fort Worth Tinsletown line so I can keep everybody informed of the latest information both via email and this message board.

Also, how many of your friends will be coming with you?
  8. Admiral_Drake Jedi Knight

i have arlredy email you
    captain_drake2001@yahoo.com

do you will keep my place in line
    thank you that was my bigest concern
    also i am going by myself
    thanks for the info man
  9. Grand Moff Joker Force Ghost

star 4
    Just wanted to let you guys know that the Fort Worth EP2 line got its first bit of publicity tonight. I got a call from WBAP News/Talk 820 and did a 15 - 20 minute interview with them about our line. Since their station is based in Arlington, they were interested in the event at Grapevine Tinsletown. They said they'd like to stay in touch as the line draws nearer and get updates from us a week before the line and then on a regular basis for the few days we'll be there in line.

Hopefully this will help get the word out about DFWFanForce in general and the Tinsletown line in particular!
  10. Grand Moff Joker Force Ghost

star 4
    ** MAJOR UPDATE FOR THE FORT WORTH EP2 LINE**

Just wanted to let everybody know about some great new developments in planning the line at Cinemark Grapevine Tinsletown. Tonight, Nikohlas, Darth Glymmer, and I had a meeting with the Tinsletown's Marketing/Promotions Manager, Jerri Wells. After talking with Cinemark representatives at the corporate level for over a month and then playing phone and email tag with the Tinsletown management for a couple of weeks, we finally got all our schedules to align to allow for a meeting.

This meeting went better than we could have possibly hoped. Jerri was extremely helpful, accommodating, and enthusiastic about all our plans! She was very supportive of everything we asked for and had great additional ideas to help us plan and organize this event!

First, the Tinsletown is allowing (and wants) us to start our line right in front of the theater! Best of all, the entire area we'll be lining up at is COVERED! And since the front of the theater faces north, the spot should be in the shade all day. So, no worrying about rainstorms or sunburns at the Tinsletown!

Second, Tinsletown is going to provide us with electricity! No roughing it for us. We'll be able to have almost all the comforts of home, and we're already planning to have plenty of eletronics and gadgets to help pass the time and making the wait a little more fun! Anybody up for a game of Unreal Tournament?

Third, Tinsletown is allowing us to hang a DFWFF "The Line Starts Here!" banner on the theater in the near future to help raise awareness of the upcoming line. Thanks to the efforts of Nikohlas, a banner has been designed and is being produced and donated to us by Jim Jameson of Network Printing! We hope to have the banner up at the Tinsletown early next week.

Fourth, Tinsletown is allowing us to place collection cups for My Guardian Angel throughout the theater. We hope that donation cups around the concession areas will help raise additional funds for our charity.

Fifth - and perhaps most importantly - Jerri said that she would set aside a block of tickets for the midnight showing of EP2 in their biggest and best auditorium for members of the Dallas/Fort Worth FanForce! With advance tickets still a major uncertainty, it's very reassuring knowing that no matter when EP2 tickets go on sale, ours are already reserved!

Finally, Jerri was very enthusiastic about helping us gain additional sponsorship and support for the line. She said the Tinsletown would help us continue to work with 106.1 KISSFM to organize premiere events, as well as help us set up some great new things for the line itself.

Bottom line, we were very encouraged and excited about how supportive Jerri and the Tinsletown are of DFWFF and this event. Everything is falling into place, and we would be honored if you would join us...

Stay tuned for more updates!
  11. Nikohlas Jedi Knight

star 1
    Things are really looking up for the FW line. The location of the line will be incredible and I really think that this can be an amazing time for anyone who wants to come out. We are looking at getting a living room set donted by Rent-A-Center and having food brought out to us by some of our sponsers. I realy hope to see a bunch of people out there.
  12. Darth_Glymmer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    With sponsorships from area restaurants and stores we hope to raise quite a bit of money for the charity, My Guardian Angel. I hope that people can come out to the line, not only to have a great time, but to help out with the charity, too. This should be a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the Attack of the Clones and contribute to a great orginization. I look forward to seeing everyone there. With the way things are shaping up it's going to be a great time!
  13. Admiral_Drake Jedi Knight

O HELL YEAH
    i am pumped i can't wait
    omg this is going to be the best ever
  14. Grand Moff Joker Force Ghost

star 4
    Reminder for people who are interested in the Grapevine Tinsletown line... We aren't officially starting our line until the weekend prior to the premiere. There's no way we can or want to mount a 24/7 presence before that, especially with all of us going to the Celebration. So, rather than show up in the evenings for awhile and then just leave each night and not keep an ongoing presence in the line, we're waiting to start it until we can maintain and finish it, too.
  15. Grand Moff Joker Force Ghost

star 4
    Little update: Nikohlas has received our AWESOME banner from the print shop, and it should go up at the Tinsletown this weekend.

Many thanks to Jason Oliver, Jennifer Henderson, and Jim Jamieson for all their work on getting this banner completed and donated to the line!
  16. DarthBanky1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will definately be out there 24/7(unless work comes up, sheesh) when we start this little hoot-n-nany. HA!! i said hoot-n-nanny, word of the day IMO. See you guys o8ut there SNOOGANS!!!

Hobby
  17. Grand Moff Joker Force Ghost

star 4
    Just an update with a few pictures (click on pictures for larger view):

Here's a pre-banner picture. Look to the right of the box office area, and you'll see a curved gray wall, a yellow ladder, and somebody in a white shirt. That wall is where we've placed our banner, and it's where the line will start.
    [image=http://home.earthlink.net/~mtwjoker/banner/01.jpg]

Here's our banner! The line starts there!
    [image=http://home.earthlink.net/~mtwjoker/banner/02.jpg]

Nikohlas & Darth Glymmer
    [image=http://home.earthlink.net/~mtwjoker/banner/03.jpg]

Nikohlas & Grand Moff Joker
    [image=http://home.earthlink.net/~mtwjoker/banner/04.jpg]

Grand Moff Joker & Darth Glymmer
    [image=http://home.earthlink.net/~mtwjoker/banner/05.jpg]

Full distance shot of the Tinsletown.
    [image=http://home.earthlink.net/~mtwjoker/banner/06.jpg]
  18. Darth_Glymmer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    D'oh! Could have gone without those pictures of me on there.
  19. Grand Moff Joker Force Ghost

star 4
    Just a quick post to bump this thread to the top while we're out of town for the Celebration. For those of you who aren't going to Indianapolis, stay tuned for information regarding advance ticket sales and details on the premiere showings.

We'll be back in town on Tuesday night, May 7th. If I have any new line information by then, I'll post here when I get back.
  20. Darth_Chocolate Jedi Master

star 3
  21. Admiral_Drake Jedi Knight

Super Mario Attack!!!!!

gotta bump this post guys
  22. JangoFettClone Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey are you guys still waiting out there? I'll probably see you this weekend when I stop by to see Spiderman. Any updates to whether or not they have started selling advanced tickets?
  23. Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Master

star 4
    this is what GMJ said in another thread

"We're not starting our line until the weekend before the premiere. But hey, if you wanna go out there and keep the sidewalk warm for us in the meantime, feel free. "

they along with most of the Dallas line, are at Celebration 2, till at least sunday so you wont see anyone their tonight.

But if you come by the Legacy in Plano, we will have a small lime going to keep the spots warm till everyone returns!

Welcome, and MTFBWY!

24. Admiral_Drake Jedi Knight

your eyes can decive you
    sterch out with your feelings

bump

anyway GMJ emial me when you get back
  25. Grand Moff Joker Force Ghost

star 4
    We have returned!

This week finishes out a busy and hectic few days before our Tinsletown line starts on Saturday. If you're planning on joining us, chime in now!

Who all is planning on joining us from the start (Saturday around noon)?

Who all is planning on joining us at some point later?

Who all is planning on dropping by to visit?

The time is almost here! See you in line soon!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.