main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Cinemark Tinsletown DFWFF FORT WORTH Line!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Grand Moff Joker, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikohlas

Nikohlas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    I will be there from the onset with GMJ...and I really hope to see a strong showing as well. I feel like we maygenerate a strong sympathy vote in the eyes of the media so be sure to bring out your best SW "display" stuff. We will have a couple of Ep2 "Standeez" as well as our banner. Donations for a charity raffle will also be much appreciated. Any way...see you there.

2. JangoFettClone

JangoFettClone Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    I just got my 12:01am ticket, does anyone know if that showing will be on the Big Screen (70 ft wide)?

3. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    The last time I talked with the Tinsletown management, they tentatively thought they'd be getting four or five prints of EP2. They assured me that EP2 would be premiering in their biggest auditoriums on their biggest screens for the midnight shows, and that those theaters would accommodate a total of about 2,000 people. It's going to be quite a night at the Tinsletown!

JangoFettClone, when are you planning on joining us at the Tinsletown? I know you already have your ticket in hand, but we hope you'll join us at some point early for the overall premiere/line experience!

4. JangoFettClone

Apr 24, 2002
    I'll probably stop by this weekend to say hi. I've already stopped over at the Legacy last weekend.

There's just not enough hours in a day.

5. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I will be in line Tues-Thursday. Look forward to seeing everyone out there!

6. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Tuesday - Thursday? That's missing over half the line! And what about all the set-up on Saturday morning?!?

Yeeesh, you just can't count on some people...

;)

7. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    GMF: did you get my email about why I'm missing the lineup? Just curious.. I never know if the emails listed in people's profiles are the current/active ones :)

8. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    Well, I am replying about our first "official" day in the line yesterday. Everything went great! We have a great set-up and we're all just having a blast! Come on out and see us!! Not much time before the movie premiere!! We are just mere days away. Hope to see you guys out there.

9. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    LINE OFF!!!

Update as of 7PM on Sunday night:

Due to reports of very bad weather moving in - not to mention that we've been told that the entire area surrounding the Tinsletown's box offices floods during heavy rain - the line has been temporarily called off.

We will return and set everything back up on Monday morning.

10. Yippieeee

Yippieeee Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2002
    Called off the line because of a little "possible" rain? What a bunch of lamers.

11. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    What's the matter Cynthia... more bees??

12. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    No.. my sister-in-law who had small cell lung cancer last year was doing ok for a while but they discovered she has brain tumors now (they were causing swelling and giving her difficulty moving etc) :( She's having to get radiation every day and my husband is taking her, so that with two friends coming in from out of town - I just don't want to deal with lines.

13. JangoFettClone

Apr 24, 2002
  14. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Yippieeee, how about you get off your computer and get in line somewhere? Better yet, you can be the chump who can hold our spot when the weather gets bad and the line area floods. We're always looking for a good lackey who is good at menial chores.

By the way... LINE ON!!!

15. JangoFettClone

Apr 24, 2002
    GMJ, I'll see you later then.

16. Yippieeee

Yippieeee Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2002
    What? And be attacked by bees? No thanks.

17. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    LINE ON!!!!!!!!

18. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    GREAT NEWS!

The one and only Dark Lord of the Sith.... Darth Vader, Dave Prowse, dropped by the Grapevine Tinseltown today to say hello to the FanForce members in line. We will post pictures of Mr. Prowse's visit - and others from the line - later this week.

Mr. Prowse will be returning to the Fort Worth Tinseltown line on Wednesday for the midnight premiere of Episode II. Also, look for him to make appearances on local newscasts over the next couple of days.

In addition, the Fort Worth Star Telegram interviewed and photographed the Tinseltown line today. Check your newspaper tomorrow if that story is run.

That's all for now! Come join us in line. The fun is just starting!

19. lord_codah

lord_codah Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    I am a wuss and will be joining Wednesday morning.

20. old-master

old-master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    I will be out there sometime later afternoon on Wednesday. See ya there!\
    old-master has spoken...

21. JangoFettClone

Apr 24, 2002
    I can't believe I missed it. I hate my job, PLEASE GOD LET ME HIT THE LOTTERY JUST ONCE!!!

22. Nikohlas

Nikohlas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    The line is starting to get bigger....Just got two new members this afternoon and it looks like there will be a few more before nightfall. Also, the heckling factor has not really increased that much, but the crazy questions persist. "What are you waiting here for?" is my personal favorite. Can people not read anymore?????

23. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    After hearing that for a month, I think the answer to that question is a resounding no.

However, my favorite response to the above question is "Titanic 2". I actually had some teenagers believing it was real. ;)

24. DARTHKOOL

DARTHKOOL Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Yeah, this one stupid bitch in Plano jumped out of her car and yelled at us in her best, backwater, bayou accent, "don't you know they're still selling tickets?"
    "you can get them right now!"

"You don't have to wait in line!"

I wanted to ask her if her daddy was Jed Clampet, but cooler heads prevailed.

Those are the kinda people that are the perfect example why cloning would be a bad thing.

25. JangoFettClone

Apr 24, 2002
    Extra Extra read all about it

GMJ and Nikohlas are front page news on the Fort Worth Star Telegram.

See you guys in a few.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.