main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cinemark Valley View

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by southbeach, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Where is everyone watching their first screening of AOTC. I cant imagine any other theatre than Valley View Cinemark (Digital Projection Babeee!!!!).

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    OLD THREADS! LOOK AT OLD THREADS! WE HAVE LIKE AN ENTIRE PAGE OF THREADS LIKE THIS! LOOK AT THE OLD THREADS! ARGH! I'VE BEEN UP WAY TOO LATE...

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    What my sleepy friend is trying to say is...we've all come to the conclusion that everyone should go see the movie where it would be more convienent for them. However, there are a number of us planning on going to Valleyview: myself, Padawan92, DonC (I believe) among others. But we don't have any specific plans just yet.

I'm going with my Padawan, my girlfriend Amy and some friends from Kent State (I'm trying to recruit Brian and Kelly for the Fanforce). But we haven't made any specific plans to go as a group.

4. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Random, get off the internet and GET SOME SLEEP! :p

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    My sister and I will be ther opening day. Most likely in the late afternoon.

6. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I can't go to bed soon this week, I had an RA class paper and organic chemistry lab due today. Past papers for the RA class were 30 pages long. Luckily, my paper was a George Lucas one, not a James Cameron one, clocking in at 11 pages. I finished this at midnight, and did my best to see if I could get the lab report done too, but I couldn't and went to bed at 4 AM. Thank God I asked my prof for an extension on Sunday as I foresaw this problem arising.

Further ahead on the agenda is finishing the lab report, studying for a genetics quiz on Thursday, and an English rough draft due Friday. Then I get to the weekend where I have to take an organic chemistry take-home test, and also work on a presentation for organic chemistry for next week. And it's been this busy all semester. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I GET OUT OF SCHOOL FOR THE SUMMER! THEN I'LL ONLY HAVE TO WAIT 6 DAYS UNTIL AOTC!

7. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Well, our other threads discussed who wanted to go where for opening day. This could be the thread for those of us who want to go to Valley View for the opening.

I plan on going to Valley View. So far there are two others going with me. Were just about at the two weeks point. Didn't tickets go on sale two weeks prior to TPM? I'm thinking about camping out if anyone wants to join me.

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Tickets went on sale one week before the movie came out. I expect the same this time, again.

9. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    May 3 has just been reported as the date tickets go on sale at a theater in Florida. Has anyone heard any thing for theaters around here?

10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I want to go to Valley View for the first one I see because i like those screens. :D But what on earth are Lucasfilm thinking if they but the tickets on sale MAY 3?!

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I called Cinemark, they don't know yet when tickets go on sale. They suggested I call back next week.

12. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Well I can't camp out at all, since my job really wouldn't approve of it, no matter what excuse I give. Damn shame too, because I've always wanted to do that. Say, do they limit you to one ticket purchases when you camp out for them? If not, is there any way that one of you can buy a ticket for me? I'll hook you up with the cash (and a little extra for the trouble) if you can get me one! I really don't want to be empty handed when this movie comes out. Thanx.

13. Douz

Douz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    I just got off of the phone with the box office. It appears as thought Lucasfilm has not even contacted them yet (or Macedonia) as to when tickets will go on sale.

They hope to have info soon, but they have no idea as to when.

Ive been checking Valley View as well as Macedonia for info.

14. DarthPoke-G

DarthPoke-G Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    YEAH, CAMPING. I would join Darth-Zod if I lived in Cleveland. Instead I'm planning on camping with several of my friends at Cinemarks Tinsletown here in Youngstown.

I have no idea when the tickets are going on sale, but I'm betting on the one week before scenario, but I hope they start on a weekend.(stupid school)

15. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
  16. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Thanks everyone who is asking about advance ticket sales, if I hear anything from ValleyView I'll let you know.

I can't imagine Lucasfilm putting tickets on sale the weekend of Celebration II. Why start reserving tickets, when many of your most loyal fans are going to be in Indianapolis?

17. southbeach

Apr 4, 2002
    Ask yourself this question. Digital or Film? Its like asking DVD or VHS. I cant imagine watching AOTC on any other screen beside DLP. I believe Cinemark Valley View and Springfield(I believe) are the only DLP theatres here in OHIO.

18. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    All I know is I want to see it ON the 16th.
    No questions asked!

19. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    As I type this, it is Wednesday. If tickets were to go on sale Friday I think it would have been announced by now. Good news for us going to Indy!

20. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    Well, I'm reading more and more reports about tickets going on sale on May 3. I still haven't seen anything about theaters around here though.

For those of us who want to see AOTC at the Valley View Cinemark, at www.cinemark.com you can now purchase tickets online. This is a new feature for Valley View because I checked for it a few months ago and it was not there. So those of you going to C2 can still purchase tickets if they go on sale. They have been selling advance tickets for Spiderman for a week now, but nothing about AOTC yet.

21. southbeach

Apr 4, 2002
    Well I called today and there hasnt been anything about tickets sales for AOTC going on today. So there goes that rumor. However I did here about advance sales at some theatre in Columbus.

22. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    I read a post in another forum about someone buying tickets at the box office at the other DLP theater in Ohio (Columbus) this morning.

I've checked Fandango and MovieTickets and haven't seen advanced tickets listed for any theater in NE Ohio yet.

23. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    The other Ohio DLP theater is in Cincinnati, not Columbus.

24. NICK_FET

NICK_FET Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    i called cinemark valley view at 11 am 5/3/02 no word yet. please post when someone finds out.

25. NICK_FET

NICK_FET Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Ridgepark square and westwood have advanced sales. i saw it on amc movie theater web site.
    moviewatcher.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.