main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cinemark Valley View

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by southbeach, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I have to work the night of the 15th, so the midnight showing is out :( Besides, dad (and I agree) would never let you stay out past midnight on a school night Padawan! I'll see which time I can get at Valleyview, and let you know when we're going.

2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Crap! Now that I decided to go to a midnight showing and also the 7:45 showing, I got shafted yet again! Midnight is sold out! Damn you freaks! Argh! *Anyone got about 5 midnight tix to sell? I'm more than willing to buy them!*

3. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I just got back from Valleyview, we're in for the 7:45pm show May 16th! We'll keep on eye out for you Reborn...anyone else got tickets for 7:45 Valleyview?

Speaking of Valleyview, I just walked up to the ticket window, and here's what I was told:

* 1 screen so far, not "guarenteed" digital
    * Digital is still under "negotiation" but I got the impression if they get one screen...they're hoping for digital (stay tuned)
    *advanced ticket sale guarentee ticket, not seating; so get there early if you want a good spot.

4. Jedi Vince

Jedi Vince Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 1999
    Hello all!!

This morning my friend got tickets for the midnight at Valley View! Does anyone know what the seating capacity for the room is? I'm just trying to get a good idea of how the theater looks -- I'm from Youngstown, and I haven't been to Valley View.
    Also, I plan to come in costume -- are there many others who plan to do the same?

Thanks

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh yeah, we MUST sing 99 bottles of carbonite on the wall, 99 bottles of carbonite... before the show.

6. WookiePoop1020

WookiePoop1020 Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    12:01 at the VV! We managed to get our tickets a half hour before they sold out. A little too close for comfort!

What in the world would cause them not to show it in digital form? Not that we know for sure yet, but isnt that the Lucas preferred media form? Can someone explain this?

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Jedi Vince, yes, people are dressing up, ANYONE GOT AN EXTRA JEDI ROBE I CAN BARROW FOR THAT DAY?!?!??!

8. Jedi Vince

Aug 2, 1999
    Thanks JediKnightPasJoDacle. If I had an extra robe, I'd give it to ya -- sorry.
    I'll see everybody at the premiere...May the Force be with you.

9. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Hey if everyone dresses up, Ill bring my digital camera and post the pics online. So wear your best. See ya @ midnight or 10pm...

10. Dakuwan

Dakuwan Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Hi! New to the forums here. I managed to get tickets for Valley View Cinemark - 12:01 Show. I hope they do Digital - crossing my fingers. I just want to say thanks to everyone on the Forums! I got all my info from here to prepare for Episode 2.

Dakuwan

11. TX421

TX421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    As far as I was told, when I bought my tickets for the 1201, theater #13 at Valley View would be in digital, but I think each employee there has a different answer to the same question. Lets hope that it ends up digital, either way it's going to rock. I realized, with the 7:30 pre-screening at Richmond, the 1201 and the 7:45 at Valley View, I'll be seeing AOTC 3 times within a 24 hour period...whew! Is it possible to overdose on Star Wars?

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't think you can OD on Star Wars, and if you can, I don't think it can be bad for you. That is, unless you start neglecting other responsibilities...

Aw shoot, I'm gonna be in trouble this summer!

13. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    My mom (PadawanPadme (she asked me to put her name down [face_plain] ;))) and I are going to Macedonia for the midnight showing, and then we are going to go to Valley View at 7:45pm. WOOHOO! I'm seeing it twice on opening day! :)

Krash, what time are you and your sister going to get to Valley View before the 7:45 showing? Maybe we could wait together. :) :D

[grumbles] And if my mom would have let me get tickets last night to go to Valley View... then everyone would have gotten some of my birthday cake. :D :p [/grumbles]

14. Jedi Vince

Aug 2, 1999
    This is going to be incredible! I couldn't make it to Indy last weekend, so this is my Celebration.
    What a great time to be a Star Wars fan! I can't wait to see everybody.

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Emily and I are planning on being there around 6-6:30 (depends on when Amy gets off work...she's coming as well). The girl said that advance tickets don't reserve seating location, so we'll be there early; not like we don't have experience waiting in line :)

16. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Cool, Krash, I hope to finally meet some of you there at the 7:45 showing, considering meeting at CII was such a fiasco. I'll be bringing some other people along and I hope to be there early as well, 6 sounds good to me, at least there's a nice arcade to keep me busy while I wait lol. The only problem is the stupid place I work at, I requested May 16th off like 2 months ago and the lamebrained idiots they call managers have no idea what I'm talking about because I seem to be scheduled the night of the 16th. Well needless to say they can kiss my arse and I'm calling off for this movie! Hope to see you all there!

17. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I called off of work too. Asked for it off like, 3 weeks ago, told em I would be extremely gassy that day and woun't be able to work.

18. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    I just called Valley View up again today, and they area still unsure of if they are showing the DLP version of AOTC. What the hell!! Must be the dark side at work there.

19. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Unsure of DLP still... I sense a great disturbance in the Force...

20. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    as Krash is saying, I am going to go to the 7:45 showing at the VV but I want to go friday, and Saturday, and...

Plus I am telling some of my friends at school about it and one might be coming too. All I know is I want to see it more then once before Monday. :D

21. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I will be OFFICIALLY ticked off if they don't show it digitally. I mean, bang on the managers door and kill him angry.

22. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    When I got my tickets Monday the guy in the booth said the only screen they were selling advance tix for was the digital one. If he was telling the truth, cool. If he was misinformed, still cool. The only Star Wars movie I haven't seen opening day was the first one in 1977, and my streak isn't going to end May 16 just because it isn't digital.

23. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I've never seen a SW movie on opening day...
    I did go and see Jurassic Park III on opening day at the first showing, and I think that was the ony movie that I have ever seen twice within 3 days of when I first saw it.

Anyways Krash, I'll tell my mom that you guys are going to get there arond 6, and I'll see you there!

24. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Considering my parents weren't even married yet in 1977 and I wasn't born until 1982, I couldn't make it to ANH and ESB on opening day. And I don't think a 1-year-old would get the gist of a SW movie, so I didn't see ROTJ on opening day either. However, in 1997, for the Special Edition, I saw all 3 films on their opening days. I also saw TPM on opening day, and I have tix for AOTC on opening day, so assuming I can see AOTC and Ep3 on opening day, then theoretically I'll have seen them all on opening day! Now I sound as redundant as that Imperial Empire comment on CNN.com!

25. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I saw rotj in theaters wehn it first came out with my parents....but I was tooo young to remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.