Cinemark Valley View

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by southbeach, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    I was born about a week before ROTJ came out. :p
  2. WookiePoop1020 Jedi Youngling

I just confirmed that the 12:01 AM Star Wars showing WILL BE shown digitally. Woohoo... Does it get any better then this? :)

3. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Does anyone know if the rest at the VV will be in digital. Like the 7:45 show?
  4. southbeach Jedi Knight

star 1
    ahhhh DLP... Life is good.
  5. Degalos Jedi Padawan

Greetings everyone. First-time poster. Just moved to the Cleveland area.

My wife called VV, and they claimed all the showings listed on their website were digital showings (we've got tickets for the 10:00am, as the midnight showing was sold out).

We called again this morning to check on a rumor the manager had given us previously -- they're doing a SECOND midnight showing at 12:05am. It is *NOT* digital. As of noon today, there were 30 tickets left. This showing has been added to the website, so you can purchase them there if interested.

Also... If anyone can email me with more information about the local Star Wars community in Cleveland, please do. Thanks!

Degalos
    degalos@hotmail.com
  6. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    Ummm...I hate to say it but I think we ARE the local star wars community, I think that this is it.
  7. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    Seeing it down in Canton, Cinemark Tinseltown, 12:05 AM on May 16th. Heh.

I know Eldread got his tickets at Cinemark Valley View online and picked them up the next day...you guys will have to look for him at the midnight showing. I'll give him the heads up that you will be around.
  8. Vermano Jedi Knight

star 1
    Every showing listed on May 16 at cinemark.com is for the digital screen - with the exception of the 12:05 AM show. Got my tickets for 1:15 and am making a pilgrimage from 300 miles away to see this movie the way it's meant to be seen. I am SSSOOOOOOO PSYCHED!!!!!
  9. Old_Benny Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just thought, as most midnight showings are filled up, that I would let you all know Cinemark has added a 12:10 showing, not in digital, though. If anyone hasn't got their midnight tickets and want to go, the are available as of this posting. Unfortunately, the eariliest I can make it the 10:00 AM digital show.
  10. southbeach Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool, that only means more people for the party. I hope this is a bigger party than PM premiere. I will see you all there Wednesday night. May the Force B wit ya.
  11. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Like I've said before..."this is the fun part." I saw (I think ESB) ROTJ, all the Special Editions (we tailgated for that one), and TPM opening day! What's going to be fun for me is having Emily around for this...she wasn't into SW when TPM opened (it was shortly after) so having my padawan there will be a special treat.

I'll keep an eye out for you guys going to the midnight showing! I have to work May 15th at WOIO/WUAB "Action News;" and if they send a reporter to cover the AOTC midnight screening...I'll bet Valleyview will be the place. It's been great this weekend...all the interviews and footage coming down the CBS and CNN newsfeed :) Alot of the guys there are fans, so we've been sitting around talking about it.

Emily, Amy(my girlfriend), and I will be there around 6 pm...6:30 at the latest...with Amy possible :) If you're reading this...I LOVE YOU!!!

Don, what show are you going to? Who else is going to be at the 7:45 show May 16th?
  12. Darth-Zod Jedi Master

star 3
    There is a 12:05 AM and a 12:10 AM showing now!? It's going to be crazy at that midnight show! I'm beginning to think we should get there before 10:00 PM. What about 9:30? Thoughts?
  13. Degalos Jedi Padawan

I plan to get there sometime around 10:00pm (I'm going to the 12:05 show). If there's no line (yeah, right) we'll go get something to eat. If there is, we'll hang out there and socialize. I don't necessarily think I NEED to be there two hours early, but why not? There's only going to be one more "Star Wars Opening Night" after this (not counting rereleases). Not like this happens every day.

Might even just drive out there right after work and hang out.

If anyone's interested in meeting up, I've got dark brown hair, glasses, and a goatee. I'll be there with my wife. No idea what I'll be wearing -- possibly my TFN shirt, but more likely jeans and a long-sleeved, buttoned shirt. Name's Erik.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Degalos
    degalos@hotmail.com
  14. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    In the words of Anakin

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D :D
  15. PadawanJay Jedi Padawan

Ahhh, the feeling of joy I get from my recently purchased tickets for the 5/17 7:45pm DLP show. It is like no other. Of course I'll be attending a midnight show on Wenesday at a less crowded theatre. Hope to see some of you there.
  16. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, as I said before, I'm definately going to the 7:45 pm showing on the 16th, dunno what I will wear, I guess my Jedi Outcast T-shirt again...man I need more SW shirts. So look for that shirt. One thing I'm wondering, is the 7:45 pm showing going to be digital? I'll be mad as @#&% if it isn't. Can't wait for the movie!
  17. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm gonna be there in my Jedi gear. I'll prolly be spittin some mad Star Wars flows while we're chillin. Holla!

(I have an excuse, I live in Garfield. I really don't speak ebonics in person tho.)
  18. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Krash, Padawan92, RJ, do you guys want to have cake at the 7:45 showing? I almost talked my mom into getting me a cake and SW plates that I can still find.

You guys up for it? :D

Oh, I'm also bringing my video camera. :)
  19. Darth-Zod Jedi Master

star 3
    I went down to Valley View on my lunch hour. There was no one in line yet or tailgating. Managers were in the process of setting up queue lines outside of the theater. There was one for each of the three shows. It looked like were going to enter through the emergency exits on the exterior of the building.
  20. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    They're already setting up queue lines, can I get a "Hell, yeah!"?

Also, since we're all going "together" at midnight I see no reason why we can't let each other into our spot in line.
  21. WookiePoop1020 Jedi Youngling

Just talked with cinemark... The line has already started to form.

For the last minute losers, A 12:15am showing has tickets available still, no DLP in that theatre though. :)
  22. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    A cake? I don't recall anything about cake...but hell yeah that'd be cool! Maybe I could smuggle some into the theater, it'd sure be nicer on my wallet, considering it costs an arm and a leg just for a bucket of popcorn. Heh, anything to save a buck...
  23. Old_Benny Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sigh...

How I wish I could join you all tonight, but I am barred by other obligations. At least my brother is getting to se it digitally in Detroit an midnight as well.

Anyone else (besides the person who posted earlier) going to the 10:00 AM? I'm hoping this early time won't attract the 6,7,8 year olds I'm thinking it might.
  24. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    LOL RJ! :)

I ordered the cake, but I couldn't find any plates. :( Oh well, won't be a total loss. :)

6 more hours! :)
  25. Jedi Vince Jedi Master

star 3
    Hello all!
    What a great night! I just got back to Youngstown, and I wanna say that the drive was worth it. All of the fans were excited, and the DLP was incredible.
    By the way...I was the Jedi in the Wookiee-howl contest -- I got a great AOTC double-sided poster. Thanks to everyone who clapped for me.
    May the Force be with you all!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.