main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cinemark Valley View

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by southbeach, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WookieFeet

WookieFeet Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    Howdy Folks,
    I just decided to check this forum out. Pretty cool! I remember everyone in those pictures.

Anyway,
    I TiVo'd the Channel 5 show that had quite a few shots of the folks at VV. If anyone who was at the show is interested in a copy of it, let me know. It will only cost the price of the tape and postage.

I have to say that the show was awesome. The staff at cinemark did a great job. I find it kind of ironic that the manager at VV was the same manager at macedonia during TPM. It was really incredible that she let us tour the booth. I've always wanted to see the inside of one of those.

The wookie call contest was fun. I thought I did a good job, but I know it wasn't as good as the guy in the jedi outfit. If anyone remembers, I was the guy in the blue shirt holding the imperial royal guard helmet. A friend of mine and I dressed up for the macedonia 1201 of TPM as royal guards. Got our mugs on the tube back then too. WHOO HOO!

Dave

2. WookieFeet

WookieFeet Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    How did you get to see a presecreening?

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    "For someone who has a Sith for his icon, you make accusations fairly quickly. And leave my padawan out of this; you want a piece of me...come and get it!"

Dude, if you recall, I originally had Padme and Anakin in the arena as my icon. I switched it to Hologram Sidious because he is The Phantom Menace. I, being The Random Menace, figured it were more appropriate that I use that icon. I was just teasing about Emily, but if you want a piece, you have to remember, I AM THE REAL LIFE ANAKIN... That means I'm The Chosen One! Don't make me destroy you...

(If you take this seriously, you have the IQ of Jar Jar when he suggested giving Palpatine emergency powers...)

4. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I think we should go as a Fanforce to go see AOTC at Valley View as we planned. No, it wouldn't be a private screening, but it would still be fun. So who's down with the Sithness and wants to go?

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    We'd, of course, have to do it on a day Reborn has to work. :p

Yes, that was a joke. I'm not that evil.

6. NICK_FET

NICK_FET Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    it would be fun for a bunch of us to go to a screening

7. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Sounds like fun. Lets wait a few week thou to let some of the rush for the DLP to die down.

8. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Agreed. Let's do it.

9. TX421

TX421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    sounds like a plan.

10. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Sounds groovey to me.....

11. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    The question is "when?" and "how can we recognize each other?" should we wear name tags that say "TFN" or something?

12. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    ya, nametags would work.

13. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Quote DonC "We'd, of course, have to do it on a day Reborn has to work." unquote. LMAO! Shhhhh, don't jinx me like that! I'm itching to go to another screening (DLP only, of course, I accept nothing less after seeing AOTC on DLP) and it would be cool to meet up with everyone finally for once...considering the last so called meet at the theater was a joke...and nametags would be nice, or someone waving a big-ass sign, or someone in a damn wookiee suit...as long as we can find each other for a change. Looking forward to it!

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    What does LMAO mean, and should I be offended?

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    LMAO = Laughing My A$$ Off. Well, most of us here already know each other, so the majority of us wouldn't have to worry about finding everyone else. If someone could sneak some sort of string like kite string or twine or something, we could temporarily rope off some area of the theater for everyone who's going, hehe. But seriously, if we do it, I'm gonna be in my Jedi apparel, and my Padawan will most likely want to come dressed like that too.

16. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    "you want a piece of me...come and get it!"

Just making sure there wasn't any Sith motivation behind your statements :) And you understand how protective one gets of their padawan; as Qui-Gon said "I shall do what I must!"

Going to Valleyview for a digital screening of TPM sound fun! Saturdays are bad for me for a while (working nights at WOIO) and we should try for an early show; those didn't seem to sell-out as fast as the afternoon/evening.

May I suggest the following dates:
    June 7th
    June 9th...my 26th b-day!(have to be early)
    June 14th or 15th (leave father's day open for people to be with their dad)

Any thought? My one concern...MUST FIND REBORN! JJJ and I looked for you man, I swear!

17. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    "Going to Valleyview for a digital screening of TPM sound fun!"

Krash, what movie are you going to see? Last time I checked, Attack Of The Clones was in theaters, lol. But I agree we need to find Reborn, I want to meet this kid. He's prolly as deranged as Jon and I are in real life, lol.

18. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Who you callin' a kid? Better watch that mouth or I'll go all Yoda-style on your a$$.
    As for being deranged, you got that right...*goes and sets some plastic Jar Jar Episode 2 figures on fire*...AHAHAHA!

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "Going to Valleyview for a digital screening of TPM sound fun!"

OK, like I'm the first person to post something while they were sleepy [face_blush] Everyone knows I meant that we should go see ANH....no ESB...RotJ..."frell" I mean ATTACK OF THE CLONES!

20. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

RJ, you must not do that!

Let's see... I'd love to see AOTC in digital again, I saw it again on Tuesday with my sister. :) (She hated it btw. ;))

June 7th is the only day that I can see it, unless we do a 7:45pm showing on the 9th, since graduation is that day (I'm almost positive). The 14th is my cousin's wedding, and when we would get back late on the 15th.

I'll wear my Celebration II pass that has my JC name on it too. :)

When my sis, my brother-in-law, their friend and I went to see AOTC on Tuesday, we got there an hour early, and there was still a short line. (We were about 15-20 people back from the front.)

21. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    JJJ, I think quoting Krash is appropriate in support of Reborn, "Jar Jar is the village idiot who got caught up in all this... how appropriate that he be the fall of the Republic." I'm sorry, but the 3 minutes or however long he was in AOTC reminded me of most of what I disliked about TPM. (I still thought it was a good movie by the way). Better watch out Crispy the Ewok, you've got some competition... Extra Tasty Crispy Jar Jar Binks.

22. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Okay, I'll tell you what I told one of my friends over at the Starbucks forum: Jar Jar didn't do it on purpose.

When they are in Palpitine's office, After they say that Senator Amidala would be the only one brave enough to propose it, they look over at Jar Jar, as if to say "Since Senator Amidala isn't here, you are going to do it."

I really don't think it was Jar Jar's idea to propose it himself, cause the Jedi wasn't really surprised by what Jar Jar was saying.

23. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Nyone else notice that when Padme makes Jar Jar in charge...then Jar Jar starts to ramble about "Mowie privilaged to take thisa great honor" and such...Padme gets annoyed and basically tells him to shut up in a nice way. This is what all fanboys wanted to do.

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Padawan and I are going to see AOTC for the 3rd time Sunday @ 10 AM on the digital!

Anyone interested in meeting up for a show, should we start thinking about the weekends of 6/21-23 or 6/28-30? Should we hold our next meeting at "Quaker Steak" across the street (they have a larger open porch area) and meet before/after whatever show we decide to go to?

25. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Well, considering I now have weekends off from my job (temporarily) I would be totally free for any of the weekends mentioned. Can't promise if I will be there or not, but I've only seen AOTC once at the theater, and am jonesing to see it a 2nd time, and then some. I'll see if any of my friends want to join up, sounds like good fun to me! And this time, meeting at Quaker Steak and Lube sounds like a good idea, it seems nearly impossible not to bump into one of you. Just be super descriptive this time lol. Hmm, I've never been to Quaker Steak before either. Gotta try some of those famous hot wings... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.