main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Cinerama and camping for EP III

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by davenwjedi, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davenwjedi

davenwjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    *** got this email from one of the local top guys at amctheaters.com ***

Camping Outside Cinerama
    We're thrilled to have Star Wars: Episode III - Return of the Sith film! Regarding camping out at the theatre, Cinerama has no official policy against it, but the City of Seattle does have an ordinance that prohibits loitering or camping out on public sidewalks or driveways. For your own safety and that of people in vehicles coming in and out of the parking lot, camping in the Cinerama parking lot is not permitted.

We expect that a line will form up to a couple hours before each show time, which is not a problem. But for reasons beyond our control, and the safety, security and comfort of all Cinerama patrons (and the employees and guests of nearby establishments), camping or waiting overnight cannot be accommodated. See you at the movies, and thanks again for choosing Cinerama.

*** hmmmm there are only 500 different ways to read (or read into) this....

but from what i read there will be no camping allowed ***

haven't been down there yet, but it does sound like jeff is down there and i would assume that he's his usual "camping" self....
    NWJEDI
    dave

2. davenwjedi

davenwjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    woooo hooooooooo !!!!!!!!!

sounds like the cinerama isn't too diligent on discouraging us star wars fans !! (or the seattle police dept. either )

here is the latest entry from jeff's waitingforstarwars blog:

<<<Sunday, May 15, 2005
    Sunday Morning Sidewalk
    Waking up on a Sunday morning sidewalk; wish lord that I was home. I got very little sleep last night. Thanks to all the high school kids on their prom night, Screaming and shouting and generally causing a ruckus. Left me with little to no sleep for the past few days. I will say this; I couldn?t take my eye of the Warwick for about 8 hours. It was a cross between girls gone wild and the OC. Guy yelling and wanting to fight each other for the honor of their dates; who could have cared less about this, because they where to busy flash every one who walk by on the streets. Bet TV ever.
    On another note the rumor about not being able to camp out is just not true so come on down. If you have any questions about when to line up please stop on by.
    Four days till and republic falls and an empire will Vader baby, Vader. >>>
    rise.

not sure if my posting of the email i was sent from the local amc theaters manager (same text that is now on the cinerama.com webpage) would be considered "the rumor about not being able to camp out" or not, but it seems for those that want to camp there isn't any deterants !!!

lemme grab my coat and lawn chair !!!

NWJEDI
    dave

3. heavyness

heavyness Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    just a heads up, i have 1 extra ticket. it might be taken by the time i get there tomorrow, but probably not.

and, i might not get in line until 5:00 [hopefully noon]

any which way, if you need a ticket, try to find me. i'll have Vader's lightsaber and go by HEAVYNESS

may the force be with you.

4. D0orD0not

D0orD0not Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    I walked by the Cinerama earlier today to pick up my own tickets and noticed a line had formed. Didn't look like anyone was asking them to move so looks like by the time I get there tomorrow night I'll be somewhere around the block.....

5. Darth_Venome

Darth_Venome Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    Greetings from the Midwest (Bloomington, IN). I will be in Seattle from July 20-28, and I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not ROTS will still be playing there at that time? I was fortunate enough to get to see AOTC there three years ago, and was hoping to relive the experience.

6. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Playing at the Cinerama or playing in Seattle? If the former, their website doesn't say how long it will be there. You can check here: Cinerama

7. Darth_Venome

Darth_Venome Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    Either actually. I'm looking for a digital theater specifically.

I did contact Cinerama, and they said that they were not sure how long the movie would run there.

8. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    If you want digital, there is NONE in Seattle. The closest is Monroe, about an hour north east. it's the Galaxy 12
    Google Map

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.