main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cinescape reporting bootleg ROTJ DVD online has NEW FOOTAGE

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by HanJones, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    From today's Cinescape Online:

It appears that at least one of the movies from the forthcoming STAR WARS TRILOGY (SWT) DVD set has been leaked to the internet. A ultra high quality divx copy of RETURN OF THE JEDI, featuring new effects and inclusions not seen in any prior released versions of the movie, has been placed online. So far no sightings of the SWT versions of A NEW HOPE or THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK have been reported online.

Several message forums of video and STAR WARS websites have confirmed that Sebastian Shaw has been removed from the "ghost trio" at the end of JEDI and replaced by Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. As well, a scene showing the citizens of Naboo, consisting of both humans and Gungans, celebrating the death of the Emperor has been included in the montage of locations after the destruction of the second Death Star.

In recent years the online proliferation of bootleg copies of films has become a growing concern for Hollywood, with illegal copies of blockbusters sometimes available for download even before the opening night of the picture. With demand expected to be high for the September release of the STAR WARS TRILOGY DVD set, it may have been inevitable that one, if not all, of the movies would show up online before their street date.

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    We've been talking a lot about this in the CT forum, and I can confirm ( ;) )there's new footage, excellent transfer and a lot of updated effects. It's like watching it for the first time ever.

People are gonna go nuts over these DVDs.

3. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    WOW!!!!!! NOT REALY THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS BUT HOLY HELL WOW!!!! MY HART IT BEATING FASTER!!!!!!!!!

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Old news, wrong forum.

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Awesome!!!!!!!!! Fans let me tell you, do not sell, give away the old laserdiscs, vhs's, and vcds from the old trilogy. You could be sorry. I believe that when the dvds come out, we could have what.....three different versions of the movie? The original ones, the special edition one, and this wonderful dvd version? Yeah baby, a collecting we will go!!!!!!!

6. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    wrong forum.

I thought that too once, but DP believes DVDs and VHSs of the films are allowed to be discussed here too.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I thought that too once, but DP believes DVDs and VHSs of the films are allowed to be discussed here too.

Well, yes and no. I'm not against one thread on the upcoming trilogy DVDs... it seems relevant as these editions are "small screen-only," even if dealing with large screen items. Certainly, if it begins to get out of control, I'll lock and redirect threads to CT, but we've not reached that point yet... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.