main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cingular Wireless Star Wars Promotion

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by jmayeux, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    I was in the mall yesterday and I passed the Cingular Store and StarWars Caught my eye. They are running a special on a Sony flip phone. I think this is soo damn cool. you get a free faceplate with your favorite characters, (I'd get the one with Yoda on the front and Anakin and Obi-Wan on the back; but that's my fav.) and the phone comes preloaded with all StarWars wallpapers and ring tones. Soo Great.
    So if you guys are looking for that first phone or just for an upgrade, this one is for the true StarWars fan.

Just a heads up, I thought you'd like to know.

2. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Damn. I just purchased a refurbished phone for $54 in order to make it to Sept. My contract ends then. I wonder what the chances of me gettin' that phone in Sept.

3. jmayeux

Jun 21, 2002
    Well Swamp My contract ends in October, but I called and basically told them that I had been a customer for 10 years and I would really like that phone and since it is a limited promotion they put a note in my contract that will allow me to upgrade early, so I'm probably going next week to get it.

Its worth a try. I think they'll let you.

4. DARTH-ICE-C

DARTH-ICE-C Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    The Star Wars loaded phone is very cool; but I too have just been locked into a new contract with Cingular. You can customize your existing phone with lots of Star Wars stuff (if your a Cingular customer). I have several ringtones and sound effects from the movies and a couple wallpapers and graphics. Plenty of stuff to choose. There is also games and trivia you can have sent to your phone and you can text Yoda for his words of wisdom. Cingular is also doing a 'Mobilize the Force' promotion were you can win very cool daily prizes or hopefully the grand prize ** A 2005 Vader Viper **. If your a Cigular customer and have internet capabilities on your phone , just go to (whats hot) and click on Star Wars menu. If you dont have the web fuction on you phone you can text a word to FORCE (36723) and follow the givin instructions.

5. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Yeap.. there's tons of pictures, ringtones and more (the best ringtone in my opinion is the Yoda "A call you have" one... [face_laugh]). You also have to have text messaging turned on too - found that out after placing my first order for the CIII logo.

6. jmayeux

Jun 21, 2002
    I got my phone. Comes with 2 wallpapers, a movie clip, and 3 ringtones. A good start but I've already added more.....

Nasty thing is that I'll have to wait 6 weeks for my STARWARS faceplate. Damn the luck!

7. Clone_Pilot

Clone_Pilot Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Does anybody know how long the phones and the faceplate will be available? I'm with Sprint until December and don't feel like paying $300 to get out of my contract (I have two phones with them).

8. jmayeux

Jun 21, 2002
    I think the offer ends in August. Not sure, you can go to cingular.com and email that question to get an answer that is for sure; because I'm not sure.

9. Clone_Pilot

Clone_Pilot Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Thanks! I'll look into it.

10. Jedi_Skye

Jedi_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I finally got fed up with my old phone and bought the Z500 one. It was as good an excuse as any! This phone is so cool! I love it! Right now my ringtone is the Imperial March. I can't wait to get my face plate! :D

11. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    Stop bragging.

12. Jedi_Skye

Jun 10, 2002
  13. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    I tried to download the imperial march. No luck yet.

14. Jedi_Skye

Jun 10, 2002
    Good luck! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.