main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Circles Within Circles Delightful (A day in a Senator's life, Palpatine)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Thorn058, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    This is just something I thought about for a challenge response to the PT write rewrite topic 2

Title: Delightful
    Author: Thorn058
    Timeframe: Before the Saga, shortly before Phantom Menace
    Chacaters: Palpatine, Bail Organa, some minor OC's(not really important to story.
    Keywords, Palpatine, Organa, Trade Federation
    Summary: An insiders look at what goes through a complex characters head
    A/N This is still George's sandbox but I get to bring some toys into it

Delightful

Circles within circles, designs set within those, glorious images that are complex at first glance but delightfully simple at the same time. The slightest nudge here, the briefest whisper there and new patterns emerge, new challenges arise as older ones fall. Delightful simply delightful. Which piece to move next, which events to set in motion, which string to pull taunt and which to let unravel? It is said that the best dejarik players are not the ones that can see two moves or even three moves ahead but instead they are the ones that can see twenty moves ahead. Well then, he could see the whole board and twenty moves ahead was child?s play to a master such as himself. Which piece to move, which to sacrifice, which events could be set in motion this day? Delightful the complexities of it all. He chuckled to himself, lost in his reverie.

?Senator Palpatine, you have something you wish to add to the discussion??

Damn that man, these tedious committee meetings were boring enough without Bail Organa and his morality intruding upon his sole escape from the crush of bureaucracy. He leaned back further in his chair, his right hand held below his mouth with its index finger slowly traveling left and right across his chin, looking suitably interested it whatever point the Senator from Alderaan was making.

?Senator Organa, Bail, can we not table this discussion until next session? Surely the Trade Federation can wait for a floor vote at least a week if not more. I do not feel that we are making any headway here today.?

?I would humbly disagree Senator. I think Naboo itself would be hard pressed to pay these tariffs and taxes that the Trade Federation is proposing. There are long reaching consequences for every system in the Republic and yours most of all, considering the status of your newly elected queen.? Bail countered.

He steepled his fingers in front of his mouth, as if to suggest he was thinking over Organa?s argument. The man had no idea of the plans that were already in motion around him. Plans within plans, circles moving at all times, delightful

?Yes, Senator I agree but unfortunately I am pressed for time today, as I am sure the rest of the committee is as well. Perhaps we can meet again in say a day or two at the most and then perhaps things will have? he waved his hand in the air ?I don?t know reached a more acceptable climate?

The Wookie Senator growled a long and drawn out reply which his protocol droid translated for the group. Dirty beast he thought to himself with an air of disdain, but still he had agreed with the idea of a recess so it wasn?t a total loss.

?I can see I am in the minority on this issue so I will concede to your opinion Senator.? Organa graciously replied.

It galls me that he is so formal and unabrasive, can?t he be upset just once to show he is human, he thought in the back of his mind. A new piece to move, a new design to work on, the downfall of a respected man, delightfully delicious, oh the possibilities of it all.

?Well my fellow Senators shall we adjourn then?? They all began to move, gathering up their various belongings, talking to each other. He continued to sit starring off into the skyline outside the meeting room window, stroking his chin, plans within plans.

?Senator we are late.? His aide told him.

?Yes moving right along then shall we.? He followed her out and as he walked down the steps of the committee hall several reporters were shouting questions at him. Normally he wouldn?t bother with such things but a little nudge was needed so when the perfectly timed ques

2. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    [snorts]That CDus thinks he's so smarty.
    That story was Very delightful to read.:)
    Loved those journalists.
    And Thumper...
    hehehe.
    Magnificent

tapping fish
    ma stil, ov sgrojid aluder dai

3. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Circles within circles, designs set within those, glorious images that are complex at first glance but delightfully simple at the same time. The slightest nudge here, the briefest whisper there and new patterns emerge, new challenges arise as older ones fall. Delightful simply delightful. Which piece to move next, which events to set in motion, which string to pull taunt and which to let unravel? It is said that the best dejarik players are not the ones that can see two moves or even three moves ahead but instead they are the ones that can see twenty moves ahead. Well then, he could see the whole board and twenty moves ahead was child?s play to a master such as himself. Which piece to move, which to sacrifice, which events could be set in motion this day? Delightful the complexities of it all.

I loved this opening. There's a certain poetic quality to it and I like how you used the image of circles witin circles to describe Palpatine's *very* complex schemes. An interesting look inside the mind of the greatest mastermind of them all. Well done. =D=

4. UnderCoverJedi

UnderCoverJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    Circles within circles, designs set within those, glorious images that are complex at first glance but delightfully simple at the same time. The slightest nudge here, the briefest whisper there and new patterns emerge, new challenges arise as older ones fall. Delightful simply delightful. Which piece to move next, which events to set in motion, which string to pull taunt and which to let unravel? It is said that the best dejarik players are not the ones that can see two moves or even three moves ahead but instead they are the ones that can see twenty moves ahead. Well then, he could see the whole board and twenty moves ahead was child?s play to a master such as himself. Which piece to move, which to sacrifice, which events could be set in motion this day? Delightful the complexities of it all.

=D=

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Great work, look forward to reading on!

Cheers.

6. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    This is just a wonderful piece of work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.