main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Circumcision: Yea or Nay

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Just_A_Slacker, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Female circumcision is qualitatively different, but male circumcision is no less wrong.

2. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Why is it that so many females don't like the look of an uncircumcised penis? I'm just curious. Is it just because you're so used to seeing the circumcised variety, or is there some other reason?

3. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    My son was just born 3 weeks ago and I researched long before on the topic of circumcision. I found little medical evidence that this operation was anyway benefical for the child. Almost 90% of the world's males are UNcircumsized. I've also read that circumsized men lose up to 80% of their total penile skin and 1/4 of the length of their total length! (I want MINE BACK!)

Why should I genitally mutilated my beautiful son because some shallow woman or a moron in the locker room may see it as "icky" YEARS from now? Why should we vilify men that are as they are NATURALLY BORN? At least I will equip him with retorts that at least he's entirely intact! ;) I will not mutilate my child to buckle to useless social conformity.

4. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    And when urinating, I don't want piss running down my penis. I want it to shoot out. I don't want to have to go through the effort of bringing the foreskin back."

What the hell?!

You have to touch it anyway, and it's not like it's very strenous to pull your foreskin back! It's not like we uncircumsised people turn into fire sprinklers every time we go to the bathroom. You know what? I just think you're a Penist - someone who's prejudiced against others who happen to have a different 'style' Penis to you.

5. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    oh its terrible, terrible, i have to get a plastic bag when i go toilet, or i sit down, its just not right! why couldn't i have been cut?! now midwest american girls might dump me!

6. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    The above post by Humble has been brought to you by:

Sarcasm

Shiny, fresh and new Sarcasm. The only way to bathe.

7. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Sarcasm or not, I still don't understand it.

8. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    just read an article today about circumcision, the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons has just issued a report stating that it isboth uneccessary, and painful.....

9. Appan_Parsu

Appan_Parsu Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2001
    I'm glad to say I'm full intact, I fell that it is a personnel preference and donot thick that it should be done to children even if it is 'the thing to do because "God" told us too'.

And how the hell does anyone know for sure that it does not give mental scares to those children who have it done!!!!!!!

10. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    And how the hell does anyone know for sure that it does not give mental scares to those children who have it done!!!!!!!

If there were serious mental scares we would have heard at least one from a circumcised male. If there was a serious affect n mental and emotional health we would have noticed an effect and there would have been a study on it. Circumcision has been studied enough that it would have been noticed.

However, that's not an argument for it. I don't think that males suffer permanent damage, except for the removal of the foreskin if you want to call that damage. But I don't see any good reason to do it unless you're really religious.

11. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    If there were serious mental scares we would have heard at least one from a circumcised male. If there was a serious affect n mental and emotional health we would have noticed an effect and there would have been a study on it. Circumcision has been studied enough that it would have been noticed.

I think that he was thinking more subconcious wise.

12. Appan_Parsu

Appan_Parsu Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2001
    I was indeed

13. stevo

Aug 14, 2001
    I really do doubt that men suffer psychological trauma from circumcision, but there is no doubt that the babies suffer pain. Why would you want to harm a little, innocent baby, and even more so-- cut him? It is benefical in no way. I'm glad that I wasn't circumcised, more so after reading this thread.

14. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    I think that he was thinking more subconcious wise.

I meant that as well. If there was a serious adverse subconcious effect wouldn't we have noticed?

15. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    well, i guess as in most cases there would be varying degrees of harm suffered, to many or most it might be unoticable amongst the everyday backgroung noise, for others, perhaps it is unbearable

16. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    It boggles my mind that a thread on circumcision can reach this many posts.

17. stevo

Aug 14, 2001
    Well, obviously, people feel strongly about the situation. Its a big deal.

18. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    I have a joke for the last post...but it's too obvious and this is a "pg" forum. ;)

Yes, I think genital mulilation is slightly more important than lightsaber color! :p

19. stevo

Aug 14, 2001
    ::sighs in relief that this is a PG forum::

20. Mustang_man

Mustang_man Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    Mental Trama - Bull
    Medically Benificail - YES
    Cruelty - if nothing happens as an adult (HOW?
    Easier to clean- yep
    Shrinkage - LIES

HOWEVER - WHY CAN'T PEOPLE AGREE IT MAKES LITTLE DIFFERENCE IN WHAT IS CHOSEN. PROS AND CONS FOR BOTH. WHY ARGUE??

21. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    My favorite thread is back... yay. ;)

Just to play Devil's Advocate, how do you know the point about trauma is bull? We can hardly interview eight-day-old infants.

22. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    I've seen circumcision take place on infants. It isn't pleasant, but they have no memory of it after the fact.

Adults also have this procedure done, and it isn't pleasant.

I don't think it's necessary to be circumcised to be part of God's love or covenant. It's what's in your heart that counts.

However, much of the reason it's done nowadays is for sanitary reasons.

23. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Wow, I saw this thread and decided that I must post. :p

I was born in an Italian hospital, and am uncircumcised, and I have decided that I will remain so for many reasons, the main one being that, being uncircumsized, I am more sensative, and thus recive more stimulation down there.

On a lighter mote, I've joked with my Jewish friends that that is the main reson I would never convert. ;)

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Nay.

It doesn't improve hygiene, it's just a myth. Humans are the way they are because of evolution, and I don't think that something "unclean" would exist in the first place. Circumcision is a primitive practice that should not be carried out.

25. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Sorry if this has been asked before, i only read the first few pages, but i can't imagine what a circumcised penis looks like! So whats the deal there? How much skin is left? Is the whole thing just... purple or what??

From what i've read, there are zero benifits with circumcision. It must suck that you don't feel nearly as much pleasure as an uncircumcised person. It must suck that you had to go through so much damned pain!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.