main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT CIS exclusively using droids

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by darthbarracuda, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah so OK there was the Neimoidian bodyguards and a few organics here and there but why was the CIS exclusively made up of droids? I mean for example, why did they make BX-droid commandos? They were very expensive and weren't even up to par with organics. So just use organics during those really secret missions!

But every single soldier is a droid! There's the B-1's, and the B-2's, and even the B-3's, and droidekas, and BX commandos, and hailfire droids, and spider droids, and dwarf droids, and vulture droids, and tri-fighter droids...everything is droids! Why?!?!

The only thing I can think of is that the clone wars ended before the CIS could implement new soldiers. It was only around 3 years long, and I'm assuming the CIS saw how terrible their droids were to organics. If the clone wars lasted for longer than the CIS probably would have switched out their armies for organics, or at least have some organics within the ranks.

2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    "Droids don't talk back, they don't question your orders, and they never complain when you send them on suicide missions."―Rune Haako[src]

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Aside from the above reply, they are cheap and effective.

What do you mean? At least in TCW they seem to be pretty effective.

See above.

4. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    This, practically.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They do talk back sometimes...

6. Homesick

Homesick Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2012
    Mainly costs, being programmed to not talk back, and take orders exclusively. Also, can you think of another company/people that would have the means to make an army such as the clone army?

7. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    There were regular organic beings in the CIS armed forces, too. The organization "Confederacy of Independant Systems" only had droids in it's army, but members of it like Trade Federation, Intergalactic Banking Clan, Commerce Guild, Techno Union etc. and single planets like Kaleesh, Muuniliinst, Serenno etc. had their own armies of normal soldiers, droids, clones, whatever. Yes, clones fought on both sides, Republic and Confederacy.

8. Hero of Tukayyid

Hero of Tukayyid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2012
    I hope we will see the nemiodian soilders in action. They did show up in TCW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.